Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That IS the idea.

No, you want more people to take B45's along the portion of atlantic av that the B63 currently serves....

By doing that, you would have more people from the east on the B45 disembarking at Atlantic Terminal.....

In case you don't get it, your idea is detrimental to the B45's overall usage..... Heading back east, you won't have as many riders b/w Brooklyn Bridge Park & Atlantic Terminal, as you have with the current eastbound B45.....

So in other words, you want empty buses to and from Brooklyn Bridge. Gotcha.... -_-

This.

The theory would mean people would use B45 instead of the B63 on atlantic since B63 is complete SHIT.

Looks like you don't know about the B45 (I'm not talking about the routing either)......

That route has been unreliable for YEARS & it still is to this day.

If two people take a shit in the same toilet without flushing, you're left with even more SHIT in it.....

No, you want more people to take B45's along the portion of atlantic av that the B63 currently serves....

By doing that, you would have more people from the east on the B45 disembarking at Atlantic Terminal.....

In case you don't get it, your idea is detrimental to the B45's overall usage..... Heading back east, you won't have as many riders b/w Brooklyn Bridge Park & Atlantic Terminal, as you have with the current eastbound B45.....

This.

Looks like you don't know about the B45 (I'm not talking about the routing either)......

That route has been unreliable for YEARS & it still is to this day.

If two people take a shit in the same toilet without flushing, you're left with even more SHIT in it.....

so B45 is as bad as B63 in terms of reliability? If that is the case then I am out of ways to bring reliable service to that part of atlantic ave.

Is the B65 any better? 

I do admit I don't know much about the B45.

so B45 is as bad as B63 in terms of reliability? If that is the case then I am out of ways to bring reliable service to that part of atlantic ave.

Is the B65 any better?

The B45 is a little less frequent than the B63 and the B65 is less frequent then the both of them

so B45 is as bad as B63 in terms of reliability?

In terms of reliability, I'd argue that the 45 is worse than the 63, so yes.....

Is the B65 any better? 

Different sides of the same coin; neither one of them are reliable...

I will say that the B65 has gotten better over the years though (can't say the same for the B45).....

• 3 weeks later...

well how many jews travel between Williamsburg and the Flatbush/Midwood/Kensington areas of Brooklyn?

- I have no clue of the level/consistency of the B110's usage.... of the times I notice B110's (which isn't all that much), it's about SRO - but again, I don't know how consistent that usage is....

- By car, don't even ask....

- via the B44, I have to say none.....

well how many jews travel between Williamsburg and the Flatbush/Midwood/Kensington areas of Brooklyn?

Having lived in semi-Jewish or majority Jewish neighborhoods (i.e. Sheepshead Bay and Midwood), and from my current situation in another semi-Jewish area (Riverdale), I can assure you that they aren't traveling between those areas like that.  They tend to be pretty territorial and different from neighborhood to neighborhood. In other words Williamsburg Jews stay in Williamsburg.  Midwood Jews stay in Midwood. Borough Park Jews stay in Borough Park, etc.  They're also not as traditional as in the past in some areas, so they're more modern in terms of dress sans some neighborhoods like Williamsburg or Borough Park.  They're quite modern and down-to-earth here in Riverdale.

There's a lot of younger Jews living here in Riverdale, some directly from Israel or Russian Jews, but again more Americanized and certainly affluent, so they have a different vibe completely and while some do wear some of usual Jewish garb, some don't.  Pretty much your average American in terms of behavior and such and they generally drive unless they can't afford it so if they are traveling between areas, they're usually in a car. I do business with a few Jews, and have a client (a Rabbi) that drives in from Borough Park to our office there in the city and I don't think he'd ever consider using public transit.  He may be frugal but poor he is not.  

Also I wouldn't call Flatbush a Jewish neighborhood.  Back in the old days maybe... Kensington either unless you're talking about the Ocean Pkwy area.

The ones I see on the commuter buses going to NJ or those private buses from Brooklyn are usually the real traditional types that travel in groups back and forth from their respective areas, but that's more about convenience than anything.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

- I have no clue of the level/consistency of the B110's usage.... of the times I notice B110's (which isn't all that much), it's about SRO - but again, I don't know how consistent that usage is....

At least your honest and admit it.

The B110 was jammed whenever I saw it running and that was usually in midafternoon on a weekday.

The B110 was jammed whenever I saw it running and that was usually in mid afternoon on a weekday.

cool....

I remember this from last year.... Personally I think their complaint is misplaced; those delivery (and other commercial) trucks do way more to impede traffic than the B25 did.... The MTA & the B25 in particular was simply nothing more than a convenient target to aim their frustrations at....

They (the complainers) can forget about buses looping on Old Fulton because 1] with all the taxis & tour/charter buses around there, there's no way B25's can make that u-turn & 2] even if they feasibly could, they would then complain that buses on layover would be taking up parking spaces over there anyway.... The revenue being brought in from tourists from those taxi's, charter buses, and tour buses are okay - those vehicles can add to traffic at free will.... but the additional traffic that comes with the city bus, oh no, let's shine the light bright on this particular mode of transport....

As for washington > prospect > york.... I mean that would evade the traffic & all, but the buses still have to layover somewhere.....

How delayed do B25 buses tend to get over there? If ridership isn't that high in that area (I think the article said it gets like 166 riders a day from that area, which is like 1-2 riders per bus tops), and buses are getting delayed making the turnaround, maybe half the buses should end over by Tillary Street, while half continue to DUMBO.

If they're not going to do anything about the double parked cars or whatever, at least the bus riders don't have to deal with the delays.

How delayed do B25 buses tend to get over there? If ridership isn't that high in that area (I think the article said it gets like 166 riders a day from that area, which is like 1-2 riders per bus tops), and buses are getting delayed making the turnaround, maybe half the buses should end over by Tillary Street, while half continue to DUMBO.

If they're not going to do anything about the double parked cars or whatever, at least the bus riders don't have to deal with the delays.

Ridership isn't high at all, and if there's a truck(s) along main st, it can take a good 10 mins. just to get back to old fulton/water (after having left the terminal under the bridge there.....

As far as what you're suggesting....

Weekends, I can agree with what you're saying... Weekdays, I still think all buses should run to DUMBO...

Weekends is when the traffic is at its worst, over there around old fulton/water.....

Ridership isn't high at all, and if there's a truck(s) along main st, it can take a good 10 mins. just to get back to old fulton/water (after having left the terminal under the bridge there.....

As far as what you're suggesting....

Weekends, I can agree with what you're saying... Weekdays, I still think all buses should run to DUMBO...

Weekends is when the traffic is at its worst, over there around old fulton/water.....

You think B103 should go to DUMBO instead of the B25?

I've decided to redo my whole overhaul idea... any routes not mentioned won't receive any changes. I've borrowed ideas from people, and they'll know who they are.

B1: Extended to Fort Hamilton H.S. all times.

B2: See B30.

B6: Local and limited buses swapped back in East New York, with local buses terminating at Rock Park Station and the limiteds going the full route.

B7: Rerouted via the B17 E. 80th Street route between Remsen Avenue/Kings Highway and E. 80th Street.

B11: Extended via Avenue J to Rock Park Station.

B10/B16: B16 is split into two routes, one via 13th/14th Avenues, the other via Fort Hamilton Parkway. 

B17: E. 80th Street branch replaced by B7.

B18: New Route, between Gateway Center and Church Avenue (F)(G) station. Via Cortelyou Road, Avenue D, and Foster Avenue.

B30: New route, combination of B2 and B100, replaces B82 between Kings Highway Station and Coney Island.

B31: Extended to current B9 terminal in Bay Ridge via Avenue P and Bay Ridge Avenue.

B32: Combined with Q69 in Queens.

B40: New route, via New York, Nostrand, and Marcy Avenues, between Greenpoint @ Box Street and Flatbush/Nostrand Avs.

B44: Both local and SBS services rerouted via Rodgers and Nostrand Avenues.

B45: Extended to Rutland Road (3) station.

B49: Rerouted north of Foster Avenue via Washington and Ocean Avenues to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza.

B65: Extended to Broadway Junction.

B67/B69: Extended to former B23 terminal in Borough Park.

B77: New route, between Brooklyn Navy Yard entrance and Red Hook daily. Some trips travel to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza via Brooklyn Navy Yard weekdays.

B82: Cut back to Coney Island Avenue/Kings Highway.

B84: Cut, use B6, B13, and B18 instead.

A map of these changes is to follow...

I'd like to make a modification to the plan above, with the following:

B24: Williamsburg branch cut, Greenpoint branch combined with B32.

B32: Combined with Greenpoint branch of B24.

B40: New route, via New York, Nostrand, and Marcy Avenues, between Greenpoint @ Nassau Street/Meeker Avenue and Flatbush/Nostrand Avs.

B48: Rerouted via BQE to Sunnyside along former B24 Williamsburg branch.

B71: New route, between Canarie and Carroll Gardens via Empire Blvd.

Also, here is the map of these changes, or at least some of the confusing ones:

http://goo.gl/maps/P0qZC

http://goo.gl/maps/RuiKZ 

Edited by Threxx

I'd like to make a modification to the plan above, with the following:

B24: Williamsburg branch cut, Greenpoint branch combined with B32.

B32: Combined with Greenpoint branch of B24.

B40: New route, via New York, Nostrand, and Marcy Avenues, between Greenpoint @ Nassau Street/Meeker Avenue and Flatbush/Nostrand Avs.

B48: Rerouted via BQE to Sunnyside along former B24 Williamsburg branch.

B71: New route, between Canarie and Carroll Gardens via Empire Blvd.

Also, here is the map of these changes, or at least some of the confusing ones:

http://goo.gl/maps/P0qZC

http://goo.gl/maps/RuiKZ 

Lovin everything except the B31 turnaround in Bay Ridge,that road that goes around Owls(Shore Road then Wakeman Place & Colonial Road is passenger cars only,not in service buses...Id have the B31 make a left on Colonial Road travel on Colonial to 86th and loop on 86th,Narrows and 85th...

Lovin everything except the B31 turnaround in Bay Ridge,that road that goes around Owls(Shore Road then Wakeman Place & Colonial Road is passenger cars only,not in service buses...Id have the B31 make a left on Colonial Road travel on Colonial to 86th and loop on 86th,Narrows and 85th...

The turnaround really is trival, the route matters more. The turnaround can be changed if necessary.

The turnaround really is trival, the route matters more. The turnaround can be changed if necessary.

I'm sorry but how many routes need to run to Bay Ridge when the B9 nad B64 already terminate there??  You're also banking on decent ridership in the new areas.  What makes you think this route would get good ridership being extended to Bay Ridge?