Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

The last three suggestions just to have better access to a preferred supermarket? Really now?

That's like saying I want the Q38 to be rerouted to my house.

I have never heard of that. Where are the statistics that would warrant such a reroute?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brooklyn Whole Food Market at 3rd Avenue/3rd St is far from either stations on 4th Av-9th st, Smith-9th St, 5th Av-3rd St, or Union St-4th Av or Caroll St Station.

Union is only 4 blocks north and 1 block to the right. It isn't that far. We aren't gonna reroute the B61 just for whole foods; in that case we may as well just reroute every bus to a supermarket that is not near other bus routes.

That's like saying rerouting the Q23 onto Yellowstone Blvd then the side streets just to serve the C-Town in that area (on Yellowstone/Exeter), if you think about it (and on top of that, you want THREE routes going to that supermarket). Yes, whole foods is a common market, but that doesn't warrant service there.

But I want to know: Why specifically this location?

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

- Don't feel like quoting posts (and lol @ Q90 coming back yet again... and having gotten banned yet again), but I will agree with him on at least one thing - There is a need for a route along the part of Ft Hamilton pkwy. in question.... However, I don't agree with a corresponding 13th/14th av route running all the way from Bay Ridge to WBP..... The B16 does the meandering that it does, to avoid not having to come up w/ a 13th/14th route..... 

- Regarding the B25 in DUMBO; the problem is not so much that it's the 25 doing it - it's the narrowness of the streets up there... So no matter what route you have navigating its way within DUMBO, the problem will still be apparent.... So I don't see the point of removing the 25 from up there (hell, especially since DUMBO was the likely reason the route was spared for elimination back in 2010), even for efficiency purposes..... 

- Regarding the B69 (along part of the old B71) to South Ferry...... That's my idea, and have discussed it quite a bit on here....

- Regarding extending the B57 deeper into Queens, although I get the logic, I don't agree with it - as there are few people that even take the 57 past Metropolitan, to take the 57 to Grand to xfer for the Q58/59 (that part is true, for the few ppl. that come off 57's up there, do)......

- What's this about a Gateway Mall expansion? Regardless, I still can't see the MTA sending 103's down there.....

Take that back, I'll quote two posts:

Brooklyn Whole Food Market at 3rd Avenue/3rd St is far from either stations on 4th Av-9th st, Smith-9th St, 5th Av-3rd St, or Union St-4th Av or Caroll St Station.

I can see where you'd get folks that take the B61 wanting to go there, but still, this doesn't mean the B61 should be diverted/prolonged..... 

Because he wants to go there, that's why......

I remember him making a thread asking about how to get to that Whole foods over there around Smith Haven.....

Union is only 4 blocks north and 1 block to the right. It isn't that far. We aren't gonna reroute the B61 just for whole foods; in that case we may as well just reroute every bus to a supermarket that is not near other bus routes.

That's like saying rerouting the Q23 onto Yellowstone Blvd then the side streets just to serve the C-Town in that area (on Yellowstone/Exeter), if you think about it (and on top of that, you want THREE routes going to that supermarket). Yes, whole foods is a common market, but that doesn't warrant service there.

Read below.

Because he wants to go there, that's why......

I remember him making a thread asking about how to get to that Whole foods over there around Smith Haven.....

I really don't want to be an ass, but around 5% of his posts are somehow related to Whole Foods, in the process beating out Via G by a 10:1 ratio.

At the very least no one called him out in it here, like they tend to do in the NICE section.

Read below.

I really don't want to be an ass, but around 5% of his posts are somehow related to Whole Foods, in the process beating out Via G by a 10:1 ratio.

At the very least no one called him out in it here, like they tend to do in the NICE section.

aye, don't hold back on my account....

Dude (Yuki) always had a knack for suggesting that bus routes be diverted to specific places where you'd get virtually no usage to them.... Namely, museums, fire stations, art exhibits; stuff like that.... The guy makes these spur of the moment suggestions to bus route changes for a one (or a couple) time benefit for himself, which is selfish.....

As far as his whole foods kick, yeah, I've read other posts mentioning how he won't shut up about it; especially bringing it up in transit specific discussions (NICE section).....

Edited by B35 via Church

aye, don't hold back on my account....

Dude (Yuki) always had a knack for suggesting that bus routes be diverted to specific places where you'd get virtually no usage to them.... Namely, museums, fire stations, art exhibits; stuff like that.... The guy makes these spur of the moment suggestions to bus route changes for a one (or a couple) time benefit for himself, which is selfish.....

Haha, yeah, but as long as he sees it as benefiting others I suppose it's just another harmless proposal.

Harmless until the planners start reading here and ignorantly follow some of these word per word. But it'll never happen.

I was only proposing.

Maybe IKEA Shuttle Bus could stop at Brooklyn Whole Food, but IKEA Shuttle Bus tend to use some dirty Chinatown Buses.

Whole Foods don't use plastic shopping bag like Trader Joe's uses.

I had hard time carrying errands to nearest subway station at 4th Av-9th St which only police officer knew.

Since Brooklyn and Queens streets are long block than Manhattan.

That's why I proposed B61 to serve Brooklyn Whole Food.

If not, B103 should make additional LTD stop along 3rd and 4th Avenues at 3rd St, so people who takes public transportation wouldn't have to carry bags to nearby subway station.

I was only proposing.

Maybe IKEA Shuttle Bus could stop at Brooklyn Whole Food, but IKEA Shuttle Bus tend to use some dirty Chinatown Buses.

Whole Foods don't use plastic shopping bag like Trader Joe's uses.

I had hard time carrying errands to nearest subway station at 4th Av-9th St which only police officer knew.

Since Brooklyn and Queens streets are long block than Manhattan.

That's why I proposed B61 to serve Brooklyn Whole Food.

If not, B103 should make additional LTD stop along 3rd and 4th Avenues at 3rd St, so people who takes public transportation wouldn't have to carry bags to nearby subway station.

If you're gonna do that just for a supermarket, then you might as well make the B103 actually stop at Smith-9 Sts. Hell of a lot more useful than stopping at Whole Foods

B25: With cooperatation with NY Waterway, cordinate schedules with East River Ferry departure.

B37: Reinstate. To better access along 3rd Avenue corridor including Brooklyn Whole Foods.

B61:

Windsor Terrance-bound: Via 9th St, turn left at 3rd Av, stop at 9th St and 3rd St, turn right at 3rd St, turn right at 4th Av, stop at 3rd St, turn left at 9th St, regular route.

Brooklyn Heights-bound: Via 9th St, turn right at 4th Av, turn left at 3rd St, stop at 4th Av, turn left at 3rd St, turn left at 3rd Av, stop at 3rd St, turn right at 9th St, regular route.

B103: Additional LTD stop at 4th Av and 3rd Av at 3rd St for better access to/from Brooklyn Whole Foods.

You know if any shmuck has the money to shop at whole foods they would probably have thier own car or take a cab there which are plentiful in park slope. Hey while ur at it can u propose a b36 reroute so it would stop by my house?

All this just for a store? Is this Whole Foods inside a shopping center or something?

Free standing.

In retrospect it's somewhat justified as there is no direct transit to the immediate area, but Whole Foods would be the only location of interest in the immediate area.

The B61 isn't so far down being on 9th, so I think it suffices for now.

Free standing.

In retrospect it's somewhat justified as there is no direct transit to the immediate area, but Whole Foods would be the only location of interest in the immediate area.

The B61 isn't so far down being on 9th, so I think it suffices for now.

The way Yuki words it, it's like there's nothing within 5 miles...

It's just one store now, but it does look like it has the potential to be the start of something. It's right on the canal, and while it still needs to be continued to be cleaned out, it does look like it is being made into an attraction (like one old plan had it becoming like San Antonio's Riverwalk, with boat rides, etc. and this looks like it will be made into a dock). 

So it's probably too early right now to divert transit to it, but maybe others will start building around there soon.

It's just one store now, but it does look like it has the potential to be the start of something. It's right on the canal, and while it still needs to be continued to be cleaned out, it does look like it is being made into an attraction (like one old plan had it becoming like San Antonio's Riverwalk, with boat rides, etc. and this looks like it will be made into a dock). 

So it's probably too early right now to divert transit to it, but maybe others will start building around there soon.

While this is all well and good, let's not put the cart before the horse, shall we? When it gets built, it gets built, and only when sufficient demand exists should we significantly alter service.

I don't know how this would work out but how about combining the B32 and B43. I was thinking the B32 would run down Broadway from Williamsburg bridge and turn on Grand Ave and the travels B43 route from there. I would change the B24 southern part instead of traveling on metropolitan it will run on Graham Ave to Broadway and it will run to Williamsburg bridge. Any opinions?