Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What i meant was by running the regular route from Spring Creek to Utica Avenue and also from Spring Creek to Eastern Parkway/Flatbush Avenue right near Grand Army Plaza

I'm going to take a guess at what you might mean, because all you did was repeat yourself... Lol...

Are you saying that Utica av. (3)(4) would be a short turn on the B14, and the "full route" would run to Grand Army Plaza?

(if so, you're bringing up an very old idea; the whole running of B14's along Eastern Pkwy. & what not)

I'm going to take a guess at what you might mean, because all you did was repeat yourself... Lol...

Are you saying that Utica av. (3)(4) would be a short turn on the B14, and the "full route" would run to Grand Army Plaza?

(if so, you're bringing up an very old idea; the whole running of B14's along Eastern Pkwy. & what not)

Never knew that. I messed up eh chief?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about some SBS routes that I saw being proposed on Wikipedia, and I wanted to see if the ideas that came from them seem like a good idea:

B35: Extend locals the full route at all times and extend limited trips via the B15 to JFK. Under this proposal, the B15 to JFK would be discontinued and maybe return to the Brooklyn General Mall Facility. Late nights, the B35 operates the FULL route. New LTD stops are as following:

1 Avenue

3 Avenue

5 Avenue

8 Avenue

13 Avenue

Church Avenue

Then all normal LTD stops until...

Rockaway Avenue

Van Sinderen Avenue

Pennsylvania Avenue

Livonia Avenue

Fountain Avenue

Euclid Avenue

Eldert Lane

Then all B15 stops to JFK.

B80: replaces the B82 LTD and also runs to JFK, making all B82 locals serve Coney Island. Has no late night service. It's western terminal will be the 59 Street (N)(R) station and will run as following:

4 Avenue (Eastbound) or 5 Avenue (Westbound), Bay Ridge Parkway, Kings Highway, Flatlands Avenue, Pennsylvania Avenue, Shore Parkway, Belt Parkway, then the B15 Route to JFK. Stops are as following:

60 Street and 4 Avenue

Bay Ridge Avenue

Bay Ridge Parkway and 5 Avenue

Fort Hamilton Parkway

13 Avenue

18 Avenue

Avenue P and Stillwell Avenue

Then all B82 LTD stops until:

Remsen Avenue

Rockaway Parkway (follows B6 route until E 103 Street)

E 103 Street (on Glenwood Road/Flatlands Avenue)

Williams Avenue

Vandalia Avenue

Seaview Avenue

Lefferts Blvd (Airtrain stop)

and all B15 stops to JFK.

Edit: Does anyone think that a stop at Cross Bay Blvd would be good for the B80?

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

I've been thinking about some SBS routes that I saw being proposed on Wikipedia, and I wanted to see if the ideas that came from them seem like a good idea:

B35: Extend locals the full route at all times and extend limited trips via the B15 to JFK. Under this proposal, the B15 to JFK would be discontinued and maybe return to the Brooklyn General Mall Facility. Late nights, the B35 operates the FULL route. New LTD stops are as following:

1 Avenue

3 Avenue

5 Avenue

8 Avenue

13 Avenue

Church Avenue

Then all normal LTD stops until...

Rockaway Avenue

Van Sinderen Avenue

Pennsylvania Avenue

Livonia Avenue

Fountain Avenue

Euclid Avenue

Eldert Lane

Then all B15 stops to JFK.

B80: replaces the B82 LTD and also runs to JFK, making all B82 locals serve Coney Island. Has no late night service. It's western terminal will be the 59 Street (N)(R) station and will run as following:

4 Avenue (Eastbound) or 5 Avenue (Westbound), Bay Ridge Parkway, Kings Highway, Flatlands Avenue, Pennsylvania Avenue, Shore Parkway, Belt Parkway, then the B15 Route to JFK. Stops are as following:

60 Street and 4 Avenue

Bay Ridge Avenue

Bay Ridge Parkway and 5 Avenue

Fort Hamilton Parkway

13 Avenue

18 Avenue

Avenue P and Stillwell Avenue

Then all B82 LTD stops until:

Remsen Avenue

Rockaway Parkway (follows B6 route until E 103 Street)

E 103 Street (on Glenwood Road/Flatlands Avenue)

Williams Avenue

Vandalia Avenue

Seaview Avenue

Lefferts Blvd (Airtrain stop)

and all B15 stops to JFK.

Edit: Does anyone think that a stop at Cross Bay Blvd would be good for the B80?

This idea is bad all around....B35 Route is already too long because it runs from Brownsville to Sunset Park. Second the B80 idea won't work

Never knew that. I messed up eh chief?

Not a matter of messing up, fam... It's something you simply didn't know....

I laughed at this idea...hard

I don't know why so many think it's a plausible idea..... B35 to JFK....

If the B15 had the loads/ridership #'s the B35 has & was as slow as the B35 is (for the same exact reasons the B35 is), you'd have folks with a million & one ideas on how to split the B15 up.....

Not a matter of messing up, fam... It's something you simply didn't know....

I don't know why so many think it's a plausible idea..... B35 to JFK....

If the B15 had the loads/ridership #'s the B35 has & was as slow as the B35 is (for the same exact reasons the B35 is), you'd have folks with a million & one ideas on how to split the B15 up.....

I kinda wish the B15 was split because it actually is confusing at times when it short turns. I actually wish it still went to it's other (old) terminal instead of JFK because JFK riders are only south of Livonia Avenue.

I kinda wish the B15 was split because it actually is confusing at times when it short turns. I actually wish it still went to it's other (old) terminal instead of JFK because JFK riders are only south of Livonia Avenue.

Not true at all.

You have scores of JFK Airport workers coming off the (L) and from other lines themselves

I propose a new bus route between the Kings Highway (B)(Q) station and Knapp Street/Emmons Avenue via Avenue R, Gerritsen Avenue, and Knapp Street. It would run daily from 6AM to midnight every 30 minutes.

Completely unnecessary... That is car land over by Knapp... Those who need bus service along the Gerritsen Beach/Sheepshead Bay border can simply walk to the B31 or the B4.  There's a street that links Gerritsen Beach with Sheepshead Bay that I used to use when coming from my old neighborhood in Sheepshead Bay to hang out with friends that lived in Gerritsen Beach.

Split where?

Because what you're mentioning in that second statement would be a route truncation (to Brooklyn GMF), not a cut....

isn't (L) to (A) more reliable?

Not if you're getting off somewhere away from the terminals within JFK....

Airport Workers are using buses more than Airport travelers, not the other way around (as some ppl. tend to believe)... The B15 couldn't be any more proof of that.... You are not seeing a bunch of people bombarding B15's at New Lots (3) with luggages/rolling bags/whatever, seeking to catch a flight.....

I guess I misworded my sentence. My bad. I mean't to say east of E 98 Street.

But do you know if JFK riders take the B15 to JFK north of the Sutter Avenue (3) station?

That's even more wrong... Lol.... JFK seekers from off the B15 only emanate east of East 98th st???

You really aren't familiar with Brooklyn like that, and I'm here to help.

The B15 starts (significantly) picking up those workers riding out to JFK at ENY av (B12).... Up from St. Johns av at the most.

You'll still get some from around Fulton st, but those are the vast minority.....

isn't (L) to (A) more reliable? What are these other lines.

Who in their right mind would pay $5 for the AirTrain after paying $2.50 for the bus?

Most (maybe a little over half) JFK Airport workers get off at the Lefferts Blvd station and catch the Airtrain from there...at least if they actually work in the terminals

Completely unnecessary... That is car land over by Knapp... Those who need bus service along the Gerritsen Beach/Sheepshead Bay border can simply walk to the B31 or the B4.  There's a street that links Gerritsen Beach with Sheepshead Bay that I used to use when coming from my old neighborhood in Sheepshead Bay to hang out with friends that lived in Gerritsen Beach.

On top of that, anyone who really needs the subway to Manhattan have the BM3/BM4 (alhough they don't have the best service span). I'd rather try to get more riders on those buses before actually starting a new bus route (However, I don't know if that could be possible, given how much the MTA shitted on the 3, the 4 we know is not getting any increase unless pro-express bus people suddenly occupied all of Midwood).

On top of that, anyone who really needs the subway to Manhattan have the BM3/BM4 (alhough they don't have the best service span). I'd rather try to get more riders on those buses before actually starting a new bus route (However, I don't know if that could be possible, given how much the MTA shitted on the 3, the 4 we know is not getting any increase unless pro-express bus people suddenly occupied all of Midwood).

The express bus is a completely different issue though there is no question that the reduced spans haven't helped. The areas served by the B31 and B4 in that area are mainly homes with apartment buildings scattered about.  Only those who absolutely need the bus will take it (be it local or express) and will just drive. 

Who in their right mind would pay $5 for the AirTrain after paying $2.50 for the bus?

Most (maybe a little over half) JFK Airport workers get off at the Lefferts Blvd station and catch the Airtrain from there...at least if they actually work in the terminals

AirTrain is free within the airport itself. The  :bus_bullet_b15: terminal at JFK is at T5 where you can catch the AirTrain.

Also there are a number of bus stops within the airport for cargo, maintenance and administrative functions, I'm going to fan it one of these days:

2dkbu6t.jpg

Edited by 161passenger

There's a reason I ignored Lara's idea.... I'm quite frankly tired of these Knapp st. routes.

If it isn't someone suggesting running buses from Kings Plaza to Coney Island via Av U & Knapp, it's someone else suggesting running buses up Knapp to eventually get down towards the Rockaways, or someone else suggesting (yet another) feeder route running out of Kings Hwy on the Brighton on down to Plumb Beach/Sheepshead Bay/whatever....

That's even more wrong... Lol.... JFK seekers from off the B15 only emanate east of East 98th st???

You really aren't familiar with Brooklyn like that, and I'm here to help.

The B15 starts (significantly) picking up those workers riding out to JFK at ENY av (B12).... Up from St. Johns av at the most.

You'll still get some from around Fulton st, but those are the vast minority.....

That makes sense. The B15 is one of the most confusing routes I ever looked at, but it's mostly because of how it is displayed on the subway map.

AirTrain is free within the airport itself. The :bus_bullet_b15: terminal at JFK is at T5 where you can catch the AirTrain.

Also there are a number of bus stops within the airport for cargo, maintenance and administrative functions, I'm going to fan it one of these days:

2dkbu6t.jpg

I said that in response to QJT talking about taking the (L) to the (A). Meant to change that last word from bus to train.

Talking the (A) means you would have to pay $5 to get on the AirTrain at Howard Beach.

• 2 months later...