Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

So honestly Threxx have you been on every bus route in Brooklyn i.e both local/limited and Manhattan express lines? Just curious.

I actually can honestly say I have ridden every LOCAL route in Brooklyn, including their LTD variants. I've only really been on the BM2 frequently, and BM5 sometimes.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-New B64: Re-extend to Stillwell via Bath and/or Harway (I was thinking Bath and Harway could be a one-way pair east of 25th Ave). Possible extension to KCC. If both the B64 and B70 go to KCC, the B70 can actually be the express/limited to the B64 east of Stillwell. The B64 would operate via Stillwell, Surf, West 5th, West Brighton Ave, Brighton Beach Ave, and Oriental Blvd. Otherwise terminate it at Stillwell and send the B70 to KCC via Cropsey, Neptune, West 5th, West Brighton and Brighton Beach Aves, then Oriental.

Do you fail to realize that people in Bath Beach want 86th, not Bay Ridge Avenue. That needs to be adressed somewhere.

-New B82: No more B82 south of Bay Ridge Pkwy. Instead, send it via Kings Hwy, Stillwell, and Bay Ridge Pkwy to 77 St-Narrows Ave. Replaces the B4.

-New B67: Extend to VA Hospital via 16th and Cropsey Aves.

B82: The route is way too long. This is even worse than the current arrangement.

B67: WHY?

And the B49 should be changed back to the pre-1978 route. Note that the B64 and/or B70 would still provide service between KCC and the (B)(Q). The B4 can be eliminated entirely; the only problem is that I do not know what to do about Shell Rd and Ave "Z". Nothing I came up with in this post is providing service on "Z" between Shell Rd and Ocean Pkwy or on Shell Rd between "X" and "Z". I was thinking have the B1 go one way via Ocean Pkwy and "X", the other way via Shell Rd and "Z", but that would be a schlock solution.

And for the other side of Brooklyn, I came up with the plan pictured below a year ago. It would allow the northbound B44 LCL to go up Rogers and the B49 to go up Ocean and across Empire. Just pay attention to the B32, not the B40:

2nimbfo.jpg

The B32 is quite similar to my B40, but here's what I would change:

The circuitous route to Albany is unnecessary. Just go straight down New York. The "B40" can go down Albany instead.

From reading your post, it seems like you just want to extend routes everywhere and not actually try to do something to benefit riders. Not to be mean, but many of these ideas, excluding your B32/40, seem just like pure fantasy. This thread isn't for that.

OK, this is the last idea in this thread, alright?

Edited by ThrexxBus

B53: The east-west crosstown routes in Fort Greene & Bed-Stuy are slow & overcrowded. I live in Bed-Stuy, this is my daily life. The B12 is also overcrowded. Essentially, this tackles two birds with one stone.

B47: I hope you read that I gave him credit...

Anyway, I'll change it so buses are actually split b/w Kings Hwy & Ralph Avenue, with increased headways.

B63: That's gone. I don't care if you use a WTF.

B42: That's borderline fantasy...

First of all, I didn't use a "WTF" - Get your facts straight.

You cared enough about the use of a WTH it to point it out... Clearly you felt some type of way about that...

I'm not gonna continue trying to dialogue with someone who's this unsure about his own plans....

First of all, I didn't use a "WTF" - Get your facts straight.

You cared enough about the use of a WTH it to point it out... Clearly you felt some type of way about that...

I'm not gonna continue trying to dialogue with someone who's this unsure about his own plans....

No, i meant you could use a WTF instead of WTH if it was deserving... I don't care, I wan't the criticism. I'm sorry if I came off snobby or selfish at times, I do understand the criticism.

Do you mean that you just want people to comment on your ideas and/or those that were already posted, and avoid posting new ideas? It is difficult to do that because in providing constructive criticism we tend to indicate exactly what we would change about somebody's particular idea. This essentially equates to us posting our [new] ideas.

I am not fantasizing. I am trying to eliminate circuitous routes; make them as straight as possible (within reason). This is exactly why I wanted to change the B16 and B70. They are both quite circuitous in Bay Ridge.

Having the B1 and B82 replace the B4 is my attempt at giving the people who live along the B4 better service, because the B4 is infrequent while the B1 and B82 are frequent. Would they really cut service on the B1 (east of Ocean Parkway or wherever) if they sent it to Knapp St instead of KCC? Would they really cut service on the B82 (west of Stillwell or wherever) if they sent it to Narrows instead of Caesar's Bay/Coney Island?

I wanted to extend the B64, B67, and B70 because I was trying to figure out how to boost ridership on those lines so that they could pick up more people and justify better service frequencies. The B67 would partially replace the B23 if it went down 16th Ave. Although come to think of it they could send the B67 via Church and then 13th/14th Aves to replace the B16 and then the B16 could be straightened even more by being sent straight up Fort Hamilton Pkwy. The B16 would probably still operate via 12th Ave northeast of 36/37 Sts though.

I wanted the B67 to go to the VA because that could be a big trip generator. If not there then perhaps Caesar's Bay.

Also I was trying to avoid proposals that would require too many additional resources that may not be easily available, which is why I think the people should just transfer to the B1 (well, according to my proposals it would then be the B3 instead) if they want 86. Besides, when the B1 went to Xaverian the people tended to take the B1 to the B63 (due to their superior service levels) to get to 86/4th Ave, rather than the B64.

Although when it comes to service levels the B64 is not as bad as the B4 from what I understand.

The B1 heading straight down Emmons and perhaps looping via East 14 and East 15 requires people to take a longer walk to the (B)(Q) than the B4 currently does, but the people would also be getting more frequent service between Knapp and SB station than they currently do. Maybe they could even have 24-hour east-west service to Knapp.

Should have clarified in the other post that the whole reason why the loop via East 14/15 is better than going straight down Emmons (with no diversion) is that you have the footbridge over the Belt Pkwy that connects East 14/15 Sts loop to SB station.

Edited by BrooklynIRT

I'm gonna take a stab on a Brooklyn Bus Overhaul:

B1: extended to Shore Rd/86th St (as already mentioned)

B2: extended west to Coney Island to replace B82 west of Coney Island Av

weekend service restored

B4: runs between Knapp St in Sheepshead Bay and 86th St/4th Av

runs to Knapp St 6am-11pm weekdays and 8am-11pm weekends

B7: I agree with B35's idea on sending it to 80th St/Paerdegat Av

via Saratoga Av, Church Av, Remsen Av, Avenue L

B8: runs to Bay Ridge/95th St all times

B11: extended east to Bergen Beach

B12: rerouted via Empire Blvd west of Utica Av

new western terminus is Prospect Park (B/Q/S) station

use B16 and restored B23 for Kings County/Downstate Hospitals

B15 & B17: swap northern terminals

-B15: ends at Utica/Eastern

-B17: extended north to Woodhull Hospital via Lewis/Garvey

B16: runs between 4th Av/86th St and Eastern Pkwy/Utica Av

via 86th, Fort Hamilton, Caton, Bedford, Clarkson, Albany, Empire, Troy, Eastern, Utica

B24: I agree with prior proposal to truncating it as Greenpoint Av shuttle. However, it would be extended west to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza

route: Greenpoint Av, West St, Kent/Wythe Avs, Broadway

B30: new Penn Av thru-route running between Broadway Junction and Starrett City

B31: extended west to 4th Av/101st St

via Av P, 65th St, 7th Av, Bay Ridge Av, Shore Rd

B36: extended east to Kings Plaza via Av U

B38: all buses run to Metropolitan Av/Starr St

B46: rerouted to Catalpa/Seneca Avs to replace B38 Seneca branch, use B47 and (J/Z) for Broadway

B41: all buses run to Kings Plaza, use B11 for Bergen Beach

B43: new southern terminus is Brooklyn College

via Kingston/Throop, Rutland/Winthrop, New York Av, Av H

use B12 for Empire

B44: all northbound buses via Rogers Av

B45: this is my most radical idea, but it would run to Red Hook IKEA to replace B71 on Union St instead of Downtown Brooklyn

W/B B45 route: Sterling, 7th Av, Union, 3rd Av, 3rd St, Smith St, Sackett, Columbia, Van Brunt, Beard

E/B: Beard, Van Brunt, Columbia, Carroll, Court, Union, 7th Av, Park Pl, Bedford, St. John's

B47: extended west to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza to replace B46

B48: I agree with prior proposal of two branches running from Prospect Park (B/Q/S) station to either Sunnyside or Meeker Av

Sunnyside branch renamed B58

B49: runs to Prospect Park (B/Q/S) Sta via Ocean Av

B51: restored to run between City Hall and the Red Hook Ikea

replaces B57 on Smith/Court St

Route: Park Row, Lafayette/Bowery, Canal, Manhattan Bridge, Tillary, Jay, Fulton, Court/Smith, Lorraine, Otsego

B57: runs between Fulton Mall and 69th St/Grand Av

B64: I agree with prior proposal to run it between 86th/4th and Mermaid Loop. However, it would run via Cropsey instead of Bath Av since it is farther away from 86th St.

via 4th, 92nd, Poly Pl, VA hosp, Cropsey

B65: I agree with prior proposal to extend it east to Broadway Junction via St. Johns, ENY Av

B82: cut back to Coney Island av/Quentin Rd, as mentioned already

Any reactions?

My reactions are as follows.....

B1- Disagree... never liked the idea of terminating buses on that part of shore road....

B2- I would do things differently, but ok.

B7- Yeah, the current route north of Church av has decent usage.... it's stint b/w coney island av & flatbush av is used as a supplement to the 82..... it's stint b/w church & flatbush is mainly used by schoolkids, otherwise ridership on this part of the route is just flat out bad......

B8- No problem with that.

B11- The problem is, buses get too caught up along 49th/50th sts... Just so happens that those 2 streets are where the school buses are routed also; and they make frequent stops along the way.....

B12/16- Disagree.... I say the MTA's setup w/ those 2 routes are justified; B16 (serves riders) south & west of the prospect park area, & the B12 east of it.... I wouldn't alter these 2 routes just to address that gap on empire.... The amt of riders that would benefit from the 12 shooting across empire IMO, would be less than the current amt. of riders on the 12 b/w utica & its eastern terminal..... Basically, the 12 wouldn't be *as* useful.....

Your 16 would snatch up the bulk of the riders.

B15/17- Disagree... don't underestimate the amt. of people that use the B15 b/w Bed Stuy & Brownsville

The route (15) is indirect, but that son of a gun works.... so I would leave that alone.....

B24 - I actually thought about that.... I know they're building up over around kent/wythe @ North 7th,8th, 9th, etc., but unfortunately, MTA would just scream redundancy to the B62.....

B30 - Then what becomes of the B83?

B31- As much as I don't care for Gerritsen Beach patrons, I wouldn't do that to them.....

B36- Another one of those old school ideas I never liked.... That route has its own problems.

B38/B46- Bad ideas.... Don't know what you are thinking with this one... I think this one is your most radical.... lol...

Seriously though, the Seneca branch gets MUCH more usage than the Met. av branch.... The B46 short turns don't exist b/c ppl. are xferring to B38's......

B41- Not happening.... there's no space for that.

B43- I'm 50/50 on this.... I don't like the idea of moving 43's off empire, but this would aid in the loss of service on NY av when the SBS B44's come about.....

B44- Sad part is, I think it's gonna eventually come to that.....

B45- well, subway ridership would increase, I can guarantee that....

I see this idea failing for one reason the old 71 failed - there is no cohesion b/w those areas on the opposing sides of flatbush av.... In plain english, the IKEA won't be enough of a ridership generator to justify sending 45's out there..... You would just have ppl. w/i crown hgts taking buses to flatbush av for the 41, or have ppl. w/i crown heights walking south of st. johns to catch the subway along eastern pkwy.....

B47- I don't necessarily agree w/ this (yes, I realize what you did w/ the 46), but it's not the worst idea in the world.... Guess the term is, I'm neutral on this one.....

B48- Yeh, at the very least, it should be sent back to Prospect park.... Walking about the area, you can feel the void; as if there's something missing..... My main purpose of having it branch out to Sunnyside was to give 7 day a week bus service b/w (that part of) Brooklyn & Queens....

B49- By itself, I disagree... I still don't like the idea of having buses pan along ocean where there's currently no service..... But if the MTA plans on removing the B49 off Bedford/Rogers (in lieu of B44 SBS'), having buses pan up Ocean might just have to be done to keep the route alive......

B51- Never liked the idea of sending the 51 south of downtown brooklyn.... I remember someone that wanted to extend it to Atlantic Terminal/Atlantic Mall.....

B57- I also thought about that..... Thing is, how would buses turnaround on the Queens end?

NB Q18's from its terminal have a hard enough time getting back to 65th pl.....

B64- Yeah, but the businesses are on Bath....

B65- One of those old school ideas that should have been happened already....

B82- Yes, agreed....

Just as an update to my ideas, I will be posting the Express Bus overhaul soon. Express Bus service in Brooklyn is as underserved and broken as local service.

In the third set of ideas, I also agree w/B51 full time restoration.

Edited by ThrexxBus

Since several guys have already posted Local Brooklyn ideas let me briefly suggest mines for the Manhattan express buses.

X27/28 Restore Saturday Hourly service between appx. 7am-9pm. 1st Manhattan Bound buses leave Sea Gate/Shore Rd at 7am and last Brooklyn bound buses leave 57th St at appx. 9pm.

If ridership picks up then down the road restore Sunday X27/28 as well. During the June 2010 doomsday cuts only Sunday X27/28 service should been cut.

BM1-2-3-Restore later Saturday service and operate every hour appx. 7am-7pm and every 90 minutes until last bus leaving Midtown at 11pm. While last Saturday BM1-2-3 leave their Brooklyn terminals at appx. 830pm(9pm at Checkpoint aka Church Ave/Ocean Pwy.)

BM3 Brooklyn terminal extended to serve Trump Village (Neptune Ave between Ocean Pwy and West 6th St.)

Last Midtown X28 leaves Sea Gate weekdays at 12 Noon.

No other changes other than those listed.

reactions?

Since several guys have already posted Local Brooklyn ideas let me briefly suggest mines for the Manhattan express buses.

X27/28 Restore Saturday Hourly service between appx. 7am-9pm. 1st Manhattan Bound buses leave Sea Gate/Shore Rd at 7am and last Brooklyn bound buses leave 57th St at appx. 9pm.

If ridership picks up then down the road restore Sunday X27/28 as well. During the June 2010 doomsday cuts only Sunday X27/28 service should been cut.

BM1-2-3-Restore later Saturday service and operate every hour appx. 7am-7pm and every 90 minutes until last bus leaving Midtown at 11pm. While last Saturday BM1-2-3 leave their Brooklyn terminals at appx. 830pm(9pm at Checkpoint aka Church Ave/Ocean Pwy.)

BM3 Brooklyn terminal extended to serve Trump Village (Neptune Ave between Ocean Pwy and West 6th St.)

Last Midtown X28 leaves Sea Gate weekdays at 12 Noon.

No other changes other than those listed.

reactions?

Personally, I think the BM1 & 2 could benefit from some Sunday Service.

Here is my Express Bus Route overhaul:

Express Routes

X27 & 28:

Weekend service restored.

BM1, 2, 3, 5:

Saturday service restored fully, Sunday service added, 10 AM-4 PM.

BM4: No change.

Edited by ThrexxBus

Express Routes

X27 & 28:

BM1, 2, 3, 5:

Why Sunday service Threexx? You admitted yourself you only been on the BM2 and BM5. The X27/28 had close to Zero ridership on sundays before the June 2010 Doomsday Cuts. That why if weekend service is restored it should start only with Saturday service. Plus the X17 only runs on Saturdays. Not sure if the BM1 and 2 even needs Sunday service.

The MTA does not have endless monies. How do you pay for Sunday service Threexx and also VG8 if he jumps in?

Not to mention running empty buses.

Why Sunday service Threexx? You admitted yourself you only been on the BM2 and BM5. The X27/28 had close to Zero ridership on sundays before the June 2010 Doomsday Cuts. That why if weekend service is restored it should start only with Saturday service. Plus the X17 only runs on Saturdays. Not sure if the BM1 and 2 even needs Sunday service.

The MTA does not have endless monies. How do you pay for Sunday service Threexx and also VG8 if he jumps in?

Not to mention running empty buses.

The BM1, 2, 3, 5 will all use RTS Express on Sundays. (If bus is ordered.) Plus, the headways will be 2 hours, so there will only be 4 buses on Sundays.

B1: unchanged. Agreed. However i would consider changing the left turn from 86th westbound to 5th and travel via 86th, 3rd, 88th and back onto 4th Ave.

B3: truncated to 25th av Why? The depot is already 2 blocks south at 25nd/Cropsey so might as well leave it there. If anything i would consider rush hour only 'short trips' between Ave U/East 16th station and East 71st.

B4: runs from Sheepshead bay/knapp st to 86th/4th.... [via old B4 routing in sheepshead bay], via av z, via 86th st

I disagree. Just run the "B4" via existing route Bay Ridge Pwy and then terminate at 86th St/4th Ave. However late evenings appx. 11pm-1am(last bus)I would only run the "B4" between Sheapshead Station and 86th/4th.

"B5": runs b/w Narrows/77th & Stillwell/Surf... via bay ridge pkwy, stillwell, 25av, and cropsey av

How about the "B4" runs via Bay Ridge Pwy and the "B5" between Rockaway Parkway station and Stillwell Terminal.

B7: runs b/w Broadway/Halsey & Canarsie/E. 80th st... via church, via remsen

I agree with shorting the "B7" but IMO the southbound terminal should be at Avenue H/Utica and extended rush hours only(weekdays 6am-10am and 230pm-8pm) to Coney Island Ave/Kings Highway.

B8: runs b/w Brownsville/M. Gaston blvd & V.A. Hosp [straightened on av B b/w kings hwy & rockaway pkwy]

The full time 24/7 westbound "B8" should be 95th/4th Ave "R" station w/ short trips start/ending at 18th Ave/86th "D" station daily 7am-9pm. I do agree with a route change along Ave B.

B11: rerouted around the Lutheran Hosp. area...-Bro can you please explain more the new routing along Luthern Hosp.?

B14: extended to Rockaway blvd -What about Crown Heights/Brownsville riders going to/from Brooklyn Postal GMF and a 1-fare ride via B13 to the Brooklyn Developmental Center and BrooklynGateway Mall?

B15: unchanged-It should have a rush hour 'limited' stop service though.

B16: truncated to Parkside av "Q" & straightened on Ft. Hamilton pkwy-What about SI riders/Bay Ridge riders going to Prospect Park or access to Northern Brooklyn via Franklin Shuttle and B47?

"B23": runs b/w 86th/Fort Hamilton Pkwy & Canarsie/E. 96th st... via 13/14 avs, via cortelyou, via av D, via foster....

Again to start I would only run it between Utica/Foster and 86th/Ft Hamilton to see if this line works. Then extend it later if succesful IMO to the Rockaway Pwy. station. Very long route not sure if MTA would agree.

B24: truncated to run b/w Greenpoint/West st & Queens blvd... via Greenpoint av-That could work as basically a Greenpoint-Sunnyside 'shuttle.' However since there now several hotel/motels on Greenpoint near the LIE this bus should be running 7 days a week.

B48: would have 2 branches:

- runs b/w Prospect park subway & Meeker av [via current routing in greenpoint]

- runs b/w Prospect park subway & Queens blvd... from lorimer, via meeker, via kosciuszo bridge, via 48 st - {see B24}

Not a bad idea. You should call that Sunnyside line a new branch(IMO call it for instance the "B40")to avoid confusion.

B54: reverts to the pre 9/11 routing in downtown brooklyn (jay > tillary > flatbush ext.)

It's a political issue bro so if any changes it would not happen till King Bloomberg/Police Chief Kelly are long gone from City Hall.

B57: runs b/w court/livingston & flushing/metropolitan (via park av, via flushing av)

Again you have a valid point on maybe running it along Park between Bway. and Nostrand. However you way off base to suggest ending at Flushing/Metro Ave as quiet a number of riders use the "B57" to transfer to/from the "Q58/59" at 61st Street.

B64: runs b/w Mermaid bus loop & 86th/4th... via stillwell, via bath, via V.A. Hosp.-At least CI/Bath Beach/Bensonhurst residents get back a direct 1-fare ride to the SI buses and also the Bay Ridge/86th Shopping area.

B65: extended to Alabama av ... from current terminal, via st johns, via ENY av-It should run if extended via old "B40" routing pre-2002 to./from Bway Jct. area. At least riders along those projects off Gaston Blvd and ENY Ave. get back bus service.

B69: runs b/w Williamsburg Bridge Plz. & South Ferry... via vanderbilt, [via old B71 routing], via BBT

I agree (i proposed it a few year back) with a B69 Park Slope/WBP via Vanderbilt but not a WBP-South Ferry route.

Better idea is a weekday only South Ferry-Grand Army Plaza line via using mainly the old "B71" route and also via the BBT.

B83: rerouted to run across wortman, to pennsylvania av... also, some rush hour service would run the full length of penn....

How about just a new "B84" route across entire length of Penn Ave between Ridgewood(Fresh Pond "M" station)and Spring Creek Towers in Starret City? And maintain the current "B83" running only between Bway Jct. and Gateway?

B100: extended to Caser's Bay. With that said, I probably say 'no' as the B5 would still provide service direct to that area.

* Interboro Queens routes (brooklyn portions only discussed)

Q24 - unchanged-As per East NY suggestion, you could have alternative Q24's restored service to Dekalb/Bway for seniors/ADA communities. Overnights appx. 11pm-6am daily all Q24's terminate at Bway Junction.

Q59: portion serving kent/wythe eliminated... uses marcy/rodney to met. av, to bushwick av, to grand st...

Strongly disgree. I agree with ending the Kent Ave portion and buses use the Q54 routing direct to WBP terminal.

Now for this guy, who thought I was being moody because he disagreed with my ideas..... Like I can't refute his points..... lmao....

B1: I can't see that happening.... it's bad enough residents don't want the buses utilizing 85th st the way it does now....

B3: The same reason it was cut back from Bergen Beach - very low usage...

B4: There is a much bigger benefit to having a Sheepshead bay - Bay ridge route use 86th st, than it is to have such a route use bay ridge pkwy & panning down 4th av to 86th..... B4 via Bay ridge pkwy gives the MTA reason to run such piss-poor service that it currently does on the route.... and Sheepshead riders suffer b/c of it.....

B5: That's basically a short turned 82... It aint the worst idea, it's just that I wouldn't do things that way.....

B7: Don't see the point; virtually no one xfers b/w the B46 & the B7....

B8: Like I told you prior, I have no problem w/ B8's @ 95th st.....

Anyway, the straightening along av. B was to shave off runtime from the route.....

B11: Yeah, sure...

* Lutheran bound- from regular route, continues south on 4th av to 60th st, to 2nd av, to 53rd st, to 1st av, then short right turn on 1st av to stand....

* Flatbush av bound- from 1st av, south on 52nd st, to 2nd av, to 60th st, to 4th av, to regular route....

B14: Those riders can xfer to the B13.... that's where EB B14's fizzle out anyway (over on Euclid)...

The 2nd half of your statement, I don't know what you're trying to say.... I'm not removing the B13 from that area.....

B15: don't agree w/ LTD service on this route.... the ridership on the B15 is too spread out....

B16: lol....

If you're talking about the actual park, there is an entrance on Parkside...

If you're talking about the subway station, let em take the Q there.....

B23: Your logic is backwards here.... You don't extend routes if they're successful.....

The attempt is made to truncate a (longer) route if riders aren't utilizing it near as much on one end of the route....

B24: To have it running 7 days a week is my intent.... I'm not big on weekday only routes.

B48: I suppose....

B54: heh.... Might wanna check this out: http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/servChanges_B54.htm

^^ Well at least one of my ideas actually came to fruition....

B57: Some riders, yes... quite a number of them? Not from what I depict....

I don't know how many downtown (well, Gowanus) bound B57's I've seen approaching Met. av w/ little to no pax on them.... Maspeth bound B57's pretty much empty out at Met av....

I can agree to sending it to 69th like Cotb16 suggested, but it's not all that feasible.... The only other thing that came to mind was to send the 57 to the Met av station (M).... but there's no where to turnaround around there.....

B64: Yes, that's the consensus & that's the point....

B65: Those riders currently have the 12; what are you talking about.... and two, what is over there on Atlantic/Penn that is of such importance? The old 40 was an antiquated route that needed to go....

B69: I still have to think about what the short turns would be, as I wouldn't have all 69's go to manhattan.... But no way would I terminate a bus @ Grand Army Plz....

B83: To be honest, the only reason I'd keep the B20 around is for coverage.... Some suggest that route should be canned, which I don't agree with.... I don't get the sense that Starrett city patrons want service to ridgewood, and the usage/amt of pax. on the current 20 b/w the junction & forest av (M) is rather weak.... Your B84 is nothing more than a re-routed 20 to starrett... The portion on Van Siclen I'm not worried about; those riders can make their way to the 20 or the 83 with the way I would restructure it.....

B100: Who's "B5", mine or yours ?

Q24: Don't agree... That route don't need to go past the junction... Waste of resources to have that route reverted all the way up to Van Buren....

Q59: Something's gotta cover that part of Metropolitan av....

B35 via Church the area over by the Atlantic Ave (L) and LIRR station just in last couple of years opened a couple of motels in area. Granted the cliente may not be for the whole family i.e I believe it's an Econo Lodge motel so workers need to get there. That the point of an extra bus serving Liberty/Penn Ave.

I like the B34 idea, Threexxbus. Do you intend for it to serve Broadway Junction?

B53: If a route like this were to happen, I would have it past Broadway, and it would only operate during rush hours.

I have some ideas of my own, not much.

B54: Remove stops at Kent Av(both directions), Walworth St(EB only), and Clinton Avenue(EB only). The Clinton Avenue westbound stop should be moved to the NE corner of Vanderbilt Avenue.

B38: Add an EB bound school tripper starting at Vanderbilt Av/Park Av (SB B69 stop). It can end at the Metropolitan and Starr

B69: To Williamsburg-North 14 St via B62 route up to North 7 St then (NB: Left on N 8 St, right on Kent Av. Terminate at Kent/N 14 St. SB: Start on N 14 St, Right on Wythe Av, left on N 7 St, right on Driggs and continue along B62 route to Vanderbilt Av, then current B69 route.

BM5: Replaces the QM15 north of Pitkin Avenue on Weekends. Also, Pitkin Avenue is moved to Rockaway Blvd.

BM2/BM4: No service on weekends.

BM1: Serves Kensington on weekends. Trips will be timed with BM3 so that combined frequency in 30 minutes

Q35: It wasn't my idea, but I know someone on another thread suggested short turns between Kings Plaza and Riis park during the summer.

B35 via Church the area over by the Atlantic Ave (L) and LIRR station just in last couple of years opened a couple of motels in area. Granted the cliente may not be for the whole family i.e I believe it's an Econo Lodge motel so workers need to get there. That the point of an extra bus serving Liberty/Penn Ave.

Shortline Bus.... So now we're gonna extend buses to serve a couple of motels?

Express Routes

X27 & 28:

BM1, 2, 3, 5:

BM 1,2,3 4,5:

Saturday Service: AGREED: FULL service needs to be restored, I'd say last bus at 7 heading to Manhattan.

Sunday Service: DISAGREE! Here's why. Depot is only open for Maintenance on Sundays, and B100/B103 service. The B103 does a great job supplementing the BM2 on Sundays heading towards Junction and Downtown, and the B100 for BM1 service to Kings Hwy direct train service, and also not a lot of G/O's in canarsie on weekends to warrant service.

IF ANYTHING MTABC needs to create another route to possibly help out the BM3 to run in mirror. Something like a B104: Coney Island Stillwell Ave/Sheepshead Bay- Neptune Ave to McDonald Ave (F) train Station. via Ocean and transfer to B103 for Downtown Service. I think that route would do great for the people living in the vicinity of CI & Sheepshead. Very prone to a lot of subway G/O's.

No not just for the motels. Also gives riders access to the EAST NY LIRR as well.

ENY LIRR. Not heavy utilized. Station is VERY DIRTY, and doesn't need any warrant of service.

B12, B20, B25, B83, Q24, Q56 all stop within 1 to 2 BLOCKS of the ENY LIRR. I feel there's no extension needed.

My reactions are as follows.....

B1- Disagree... never liked the idea of terminating buses on that part of shore road....

B2- I would do things differently, but ok.

B7- Yeah, the current route north of Church av has decent usage.... it's stint b/w coney island av & flatbush av is used as a supplement to the 82..... it's stint b/w church & flatbush is mainly used by schoolkids, otherwise ridership on this part of the route is just flat out bad......

B8- No problem with that.

B11- The problem is, buses get too caught up along 49th/50th sts... Just so happens that those 2 streets are where the school buses are routed also; and they make frequent stops along the way.....

B12/16- Disagree.... I say the MTA's setup w/ those 2 routes are justified; B16 (serves riders) south & west of the prospect park area, & the B12 east of it.... I wouldn't alter these 2 routes just to address that gap on empire.... The amt of riders that would benefit from the 12 shooting across empire IMO, would be less than the current amt. of riders on the 12 b/w utica & its eastern terminal..... Basically, the 12 wouldn't be *as* useful.....

Your 16 would snatch up the bulk of the riders.

B15/17- Disagree... don't underestimate the amt. of people that use the B15 b/w Bed Stuy & Brownsville

The route (15) is indirect, but that son of a gun works.... so I would leave that alone.....

B24 - I actually thought about that.... I know they're building up over around kent/wythe @ North 7th,8th, 9th, etc., but unfortunately, MTA would just scream redundancy to the B62.....

B30 - Then what becomes of the B83?

B31- As much as I don't care for Gerritsen Beach patrons, I wouldn't do that to them.....

B36- Another one of those old school ideas I never liked.... That route has its own problems.

B38/B46- Bad ideas.... Don't know what you are thinking with this one... I think this one is your most radical.... lol...

Seriously though, the Seneca branch gets MUCH more usage than the Met. av branch.... The B46 short turns don't exist b/c ppl. are xferring to B38's......

B41- Not happening.... there's no space for that.

B43- I'm 50/50 on this.... I don't like the idea of moving 43's off empire, but this would aid in the loss of service on NY av when the SBS B44's come about.....

B44- Sad part is, I think it's gonna eventually come to that.....

B45- well, subway ridership would increase, I can guarantee that....

I see this idea failing for one reason the old 71 failed - there is no cohesion b/w those areas on the opposing sides of flatbush av.... In plain english, the IKEA won't be enough of a ridership generator to justify sending 45's out there..... You would just have ppl. w/i crown hgts taking buses to flatbush av for the 41, or have ppl. w/i crown heights walking south of st. johns to catch the subway along eastern pkwy.....

B47- I don't necessarily agree w/ this (yes, I realize what you did w/ the 46), but it's not the worst idea in the world.... Guess the term is, I'm neutral on this one.....

B48- Yeh, at the very least, it should be sent back to Prospect park.... Walking about the area, you can feel the void; as if there's something missing..... My main purpose of having it branch out to Sunnyside was to give 7 day a week bus service b/w (that part of) Brooklyn & Queens....

B49- By itself, I disagree... I still don't like the idea of having buses pan along ocean where there's currently no service..... But if the MTA plans on removing the B49 off Bedford/Rogers (in lieu of B44 SBS'), having buses pan up Ocean might just have to be done to keep the route alive......

B51- Never liked the idea of sending the 51 south of downtown brooklyn.... I remember someone that wanted to extend it to Atlantic Terminal/Atlantic Mall.....

B57- I also thought about that..... Thing is, how would buses turnaround on the Queens end?

NB Q18's from its terminal have a hard enough time getting back to 65th pl.....

B64- Yeah, but the businesses are on Bath....

B65- One of those old school ideas that should have been happened already....

B82- Yes, agreed....

I forgot to mention replacing the B16 on 13/14th Avs will be the returning B23, which will run between VA Hospital and Downstate/Kings County Hospitals.

Route: Va, Poly, 14th, 13/14th, 36th/37th Sts, Dahill, Cortelyou Rd, Cortelyou/Beverley, New York, Clarkson

ENY LIRR. Not heavy utilized. Station is VERY DIRTY, and doesn't need any warrant of service.

B12, B20, B25, B83, Q24, Q56 all stop within 1 to 2 BLOCKS of the ENY LIRR. I feel there's no extension needed.

Yes but with the motels now open and area is not that safe for now having a bus run between alabama/fulton/jamaica ave. and the lirr could actually increase usage at that underused station. Plus Brooklyn Bus in an earlier proposal also stated one of those nearby buses such as the "B25" serve that area.

4 blocks. East NY LIRR is actually closer to the Albama (J) station than the Jct. And of course the (L) is right at the premieses of that LIRR station as well. Just trying to make it easier for why the B65 is extended to the Jct. or even Alabama Ave station that all.

Your are right about the (L) being at the premise of the station, but if you walk down Van Sinderen, its actually 1 to 2 blocks.