Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

Thank you, very much.

1 hour headways, and if necessary, the headways can be increased to every half/hour.

Threxx sorry if before i sound rude to you and not trying to berate you. My point was how could you provide an 'honest' view of a bus route riding it once in that case the X27/28. I rode the X27/28 reguarly(at least 2-3x a month) when i used to live in Sea Gate a decade ago. And even in recent years living now in upstate Dutchess County, before the June '10 cuts, I still use the X28 between Metro North at Grand Central. I would of course walk between GCT 41 and 5th/Madison for that route. The X27/28 on weekends sometimes was a life saver compared to the "GO'S that would often affect (D)(N)(Q)(F) subway service.

With that I always said, IMO Saturday X27/28 should have *never been cut.* My point Threxx is ridership was terrible and low on the X27/28 to run Sunday service. The reason Threxx i said to take an economics course to better understand monies dont grow on trees.

I would the (MTA) use the monies wasted to run X27/28 Sunday service to instead for example restore Weekday B39 and B51 service. That my whole point. Hope Threxx and everyone now understands.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threxx sorry if before i sound rude to you and not trying to berate you. My point was how could you provide an 'honest' view of a bus route riding it once in that case the X27/28. I rode the X27/28 reguarly(at least 2-3x a month) when i used to live in Sea Gate a decade ago. And even in recent years living now in upstate Dutchess County, before the June '10 cuts, I still use the X28 between Metro North at Grand Central. I would of course walk between GCT 41 and 5th/Madison for that route. The X27/28 on weekends sometimes was a life saver compared to the "GO'S that would often affect (D)(N)(Q)(F) subway service.

With that I always said, IMO Saturday X27/28 should have *never been cut.* My point Threxx is ridership was terrible and low on the X27/28 to run Sunday service. The reason Threxx i said to take an economics course to better understand monies dont grow on trees.

I would the (MTA) use the monies wasted to run X27/28 Sunday service to instead for example restore Weekday B39 and B51 service. That my whole point. Hope Threxx and everyone now understands.

You did, and apology accepted.

I know money dosen't grow on trees. With all of the exp. buses, Sun. serivce would start at every 2 hours. If needed, it will go up to 1 hour.

You did, and apology accepted.

I know money dosen't grow on trees. With all of the exp. buses, Sun. serivce would start at every 2 hours. If needed, it will go up to 1 hour.

I don't like the idea of routes running every 2 hours. Maybe I'd accept it in the suburbs (and no, VG8, SI doesn't count), but not within the 5 boroughs.

Good point. Let me ask this: wouldn't it be convenient to implement a 'free' transfer between the B48 and the Shuttle to compensate for the cutback?

Possibly, but the thing is that it's still an extra transfer, so you might be able to recover some of the lost ridership, but not all of it.

I don't like the idea of routes running every 2 hours.

Neither did Woodlawn & Yonkers riders (see BxM4b), especially for the sake of a branch that no one took (see BxM4a b/w Lehman coll & grand concourse) ;)

Seriously though (well, not that the above was a joke), I'm not too fond of 2 hr. headways....

I was gonna point that out, but I didn't bother at the time I read his post....

I don't like the idea of ANY express bus service on a sunday to have 2 hour headways. Simply point, blank and PERIOD.. Just don't have the service at all. I understand that NYC transportation network needs extreme re-building, however, there is a reason to why brooklyn express service isn't needed on sundays. 2 simple things. ACCESS to Manhattan when certain G/O's aren't in effect and LOW ridership.

Now I CANNOT SPEAK FOR x27/28 service cuz I don't live in Coney Island or Seagate or bensonhurst, HOWEVER, for the x29, that bus line does need to be restored, but it doesn't have to run all day. Have to run similar to the X63/64/68. 4 Round trips (AM), and 4 round trips PM rush, and no weekend service.

HOWEVER, for the x29, that bus line does need to be restored, but it doesn't have to run all day. Have to run similar to the X63/64/68. 4 Round trips (AM), and 4 round trips PM rush, and no weekend service.

I used to take the x29, and I also share these same sentiments....

I didn't like how the MTA thinned service (and even went as far as changing the span to deter usage on top of it) on that route before they cut it, and then mentioned oh how the route had low ridership..... Ridership was actually Increasing on the route if you asked me.....

They did just about everything to get rid of the route....

I don't like the idea of ANY express bus service on a sunday to have 2 hour headways. Simply point, blank and PERIOD.. Just don't have the service at all. I understand that NYC transportation network needs extreme re-building, however, there is a reason to why brooklyn express service isn't needed on sundays. 2 simple things. ACCESS to Manhattan when certain G/O's aren't in effect and LOW ridership.

Now I CANNOT SPEAK FOR x27/28 service cuz I don't live in Coney Island or Seagate or bensonhurst, HOWEVER, for the x29, that bus line does need to be restored, but it doesn't have to run all day. Have to run similar to the X63/64/68. 4 Round trips (AM), and 4 round trips PM rush, and no weekend service.

What is the X29? Never heard of it.

EDIT: Ok, I looked up the old 2009 schedule & found it. I'll add it to my overhaul proposal...

X29: Weekday and Saturday service restored.

I also added these new express bus routes, any comments?

BM6-10:

6: Brownsville-Manhattan

7: Greenpoint-Manhattan

8: Ridgewood-Manhattan

9: Kensington/Red Hook-Manhattan

10: Belt Parkway Express.

Edited by ThrexxBus

Threexx i think honestly stick to making proposals to Local Brooklyn bus routes where your ideas are much more better until your ride more of the express buses. You making proposals on express bus routes is like me making a judgement on "Glee" "Jersey Shore" "Justin Briber" or "Rhinna' i am not that hip lol into today's current 2012 songs or teen culture lol. You admit yourself you been on Brooklyn express buses and never on the X29. Trust me if the X29 came back it should as (B35) and couple of guys suggested suggested a few trips to/from Manhattan on rush hours that it.

I don't think the X29 is coming back though as you more likely to see Sunday X27 or X28 BM1, 2, 3 Sunday service.

I much more agree with many of Brooklyn and Queens bus ideas so stick to that IMO. So briefly my replies.

The X29 never had weekend service. Second you be wasting monies i.e you have the (Q) train (B) train (weekdays) and (F) train in addition to the BM3 nearby. Second Ridgewood has a MTA express route but it was cancelled due to low ridership during the June '10 Doomsday Cuts. Greenpoint is better off with a proposed local bus since it close to Manhattan. Before the June '10 Doomsday Cuts, the (MTA) had made a propsal for a Greenpoint-Midtown bus line via the Midtown Tunnel but was cancelled due to "Doomsday."

And Threexx the Belt Parkway can not handle MCI coaches due to design/height restrictions by Robert Moses the designer of that highway and many of NYC Bridges. Threxx do a search on who he is?)and that my honest takes. I am a honest guy and trying to make you smarter.

FYI. There other teenagers on this site who make great ideas IMO so it's not picking on you because of your age. Just a tough teacher lol and hope you understand. Guys if this young man is making serious proposals just provided a real 'adult' reply and sorry if sound rude

Good point. Let me ask this: wouldn't it be convenient to implement a 'free' transfer between the B48 and the Shuttle to compensate for the cutback?

I assume you mean a free transfer that would not count as one of the allowed transfers. Of course they should do that if they cared about the passengers. I believe the B61/62 extra free transfer is the last one they created. Of course none of these are even publicized to help riders plan their trips. Besides that and the B6/11 transfer, I wonder how many others still remain.

Threexx i think honestly stick to making proposals to Local Brooklyn bus routes where your ideas are much more better until your ride more of the express buses. You making proposals on express bus routes is like me making a judgement on "Glee" "Jersey Shore" "Justin Briber" or "Rhinna' i am not that hip lol into today's current 2012 songs or teen culture lol. You admit yourself you been on Brooklyn express buses and never on the X29. Trust me if the X29 came back it should as (B35) and couple of guys suggested suggested a few trips to/from Manhattan on rush hours that it.

I don't think the X29 is coming back though as you more likely to see Sunday X27 or X28 BM1, 2, 3 Sunday service.

I much more agree with many of Brooklyn and Queens bus ideas so stick to that IMO. So briefly my replies.

The X29 never had weekend service. Second you be wasting monies i.e you have the (Q) train (B) train (weekdays) and (F) train in addition to the BM3 nearby. Second Ridgewood has a MTA express route but it was cancelled due to low ridership during the June '10 Doomsday Cuts. Greenpoint is better off with a proposed local bus since it close to Manhattan. Before the June '10 Doomsday Cuts, the (MTA) had made a propsal for a Greenpoint-Midtown bus line via the Midtown Tunnel but was cancelled due to "Doomsday."

And Threexx the Belt Parkway can not handle MCI coaches due to design/height restrictions by Robert Moses the designer of that highway and many of NYC Bridges. Threxx do a search on who he is?)and that my honest takes. I am a honest guy and trying to make you smarter.

FYI. There other teenagers on this site who make great ideas IMO so it's not picking on you because of your age. Just a tough teacher lol and hope you understand. Guys if this young man is making serious proposals just provided a real 'adult' reply and sorry if sound rude

I am making serious proposals. Thank you for at least giving me credit for my local routes.

Don't bring that racist Robert Moses into the discussion. That's asking for a flame war.

Any way, I ride the BM2 often, and it can beneifit from LIMITED Sunday service.

The Greenpoint bus will have a express variant via the Queens Midtown Tunnel, and a downtown variant via Battery.

Edited by ThrexxBus

I am making serious proposals. Thank you for at least giving me credit for my local routes.

Don't bring that racist Robert Moses into the discussion. That's asking for a flame war.

The Greenpoint bus will have a express variant via the Queens Midtown Tunnel, and a downtown variant via Battery.

Threxx relax. As a teen i give you credit as many new yorkers of all ages have never heard of Robert Moses. With that said, I am sure if the Belt Parkway was able to handle MCI buses they would have created a Bay Ridge/SI-JFK express bus already. The MCI and RTS/ other 40 foot size that you sometimes see on the Belt are only allowed between Knapp Street and the VZ Bridge or BQE merger.

The purpose for express buses is to provide bus service between the outerboros of Brooklyn, Queens, SI and the Bronx and Manhattan in areas far away from a subway or LIRR/Metro North access. Areas in Brooklyn like Park Slope/Red Hook, Greenpoint/Williamsburg only needs a local bus.

As far as a Greenpoint bus IMO they only a need for a weekday route between say the Lorimer/Metro Av (G)(L) station and East Midtown. Not every neighborhood Threexx can have a 1-seat ride to/from Lower and Downtown Manhattan. They can transfer to the Lex, 7th Ave and 8th Ave subway lines from say a Greenpoint-Midtown bus or take the (G) to Hoyt and transfer to/from the (A)(C).

Also for Red Hook/Park Slope before 2010 the (MTA) proposed extending the old B71 to South Ferry via the Battery Tunnel. That makes more sense than an express bus.

For Brownsville/East NY/Crown Heights, IMO there no need for a express bus. The (MTA) will agrue that the (A)(C)(3)(4) is nearby. A better argument is for the B51 to return connecting with the crosstown buses in Downtown Brooklyn mainly the B25, B45, and B65.

Hope this is fair honest reply Threxx.

There is also the B83 that uses the Belt for passenger service between Pennsylvania Ave and Erskine Street.

The MTA actually was considering an express bus on the Belt from Bay Ridge to JFK in the early 90s. They changed their mind because they thought the bus would get stuck too often in traffic. The weight limit problems with bridges actually didn't occur until around 2000, making a route past Knapp Street unfeasible, but with all the bridges being rebuilt scheduled for completion in 2014 or 2015, it will be a possibility again, but the MTA now probably just would not want to spend the money because of their cost neutral policy which makes any major improvements impossible. The taxi and limousine industry would probably also oppose it because it would cut into their business.

There is also the B83 that uses the Belt for passenger service between Pennsylvania Ave and Erskine Street.

The MTA actually was considering an express bus on the Belt from Bay Ridge to JFK in the early 90s. They changed their mind because they thought the bus would get stuck too often in traffic. The weight limit problems with bridges actually didn't occur until around 2000, making a route past Knapp Street unfeasible, but with all the bridges being rebuilt scheduled for completion in 2014 or 2015, it will be a possibility again, but the MTA now probably just would not want to spend the money because of their cost neutral policy which makes any major improvements impossible. The taxi and limousine industry would probably also oppose it because it would cut into their business.

That is a reason. Taxis are expensive. Anyway, the route could use a side street in the incapable section.

I totally disagree with that analysis .. None of the BM's including the BM2 need sunday limited service..

Even though there are infrequent (L) G/O's bwn Bway Junction and Lormier Street.. The (L) does a good job with the sunday service.

This is where the B103 compensates for Flatbush/Nostrand (2) and Downtown Brooklyn service where commuters can catch the (A)(C)(2)(3)(4)(D)(Q)(N)(R) into Manhattan.. The only time the BM's make $$$ on saturday is EARLY AM service. I know for fact b/c I board the bus, and live along the BM2 route (Junction/E.32nd-Ave H)

Now, if you tell me that the Rockaway Parkway line would have MAJOR construction and the whole line being closed, than you have a decent argument (IMO). So during the years when the line shut down, where was the BM2 on Sundays? Do remember when Command ran it was ONLY Saturday service, and last bus to Manhattan was at 11PM from Canarsie/E 94th!

*Sorry for using the train references, but needed to state my point on this analysis*

I used to take the x29, and I also share these same sentiments....

I didn't like how the MTA thinned service (and even went as far as changing the span to deter usage on top of it) on that route before they cut it, and then mentioned oh how the route had low ridership..... Ridership was actually Increasing on the route if you asked me.....

They did just about everything to get rid of the route....

I always felt that portion of Sheepshead/Coney Island/Gravesend needed the x29, although it ended near Stillwell/Mermaid, it was a good bus, and its directly minutes to UP. Yes, I can agree that ridership was Increasing AND not Decreasing. Definitely a great bus that was used for Checkpoint purposes when the BM1,2,2s,3,4 were acting up, and not show up for periods of time. (MTA) needs to reinstate the service. There's $$$ in the budget to do that.

I think the Spring Creek BM2 may possibly need a re-name to BM6.. Although it runs 4 roundtrips in PM rush ONLY from DOWNTOWN, and NOT midtown, I find it rare that there are no Spring Creek to Midtown express via BM2. I've always believed that the BM2 should serve as a backup to the BM5.

Yeh, they aint goin bring it back...

Wouldn't matter now anyway; those riders done successfully shifted to the brighton line or the BM's....

The purpose for express buses is to provide bus service between the outerboros of Brooklyn, Queens, SI and the Bronx and Manhattan in areas far away from a subway or LIRR/Metro North access. Areas in Brooklyn like Park Slope/Red Hook, Greenpoint/Williamsburg only needs a local bus.

As far as a Greenpoint bus IMO they only a need for a weekday route between say the Lorimer/Metro Av (G)(L) station and East Midtown. Not every neighborhood Threexx can have a 1-seat ride to/from Lower and Downtown Manhattan. They can transfer to the Lex, 7th Ave and 8th Ave subway lines from say a Greenpoint-Midtown bus or take the (G) to Hoyt and transfer to/from the (A)(C).

Also for Red Hook/Park Slope before 2010 the (MTA) proposed extending the old B71 to South Ferry via the Battery Tunnel. That makes more sense than an express bus.

For Brownsville/East NY/Crown Heights, IMO there no need for a express bus. The (MTA) will agrue that the (A)(C)(3)(4) is nearby. A better argument is for the B51 to return connecting with the crosstown buses in Downtown Brooklyn mainly the B25, B45, and B65.

You really took those ideas seriously.....

They need to be taken seriously...

See (B35) i replied to his brooklyn bus suggestion honestly. I know he a teen and may disagree with me but i tell the honest not politically correct replies to everyone here on the boards whether they are 35 years old or 15 years old. Plus i been riding the NYC subways/buses before Threxx was even born. :D

See (B35) i replied to his brooklyn bus suggestion honestly. I know he a teen and may disagree with me but i tell the honest not politically correct replies to everyone here on the boards whether they are 35 years old or 15 years old. Plus i been riding the NYC subways/buses before Threxx was even born. :D

You should take everyone seriously.