Start date for Q21 and new Q52 SW Queens bus changes is 7/1/12

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does Arverne need bus serve to Elmhurst?

It's less about arverne patrons needing elmhurst and moreso about eliminating the redundancy that existed when the 21 (before a LTD counterpart was added to it) served the same part of the Rockaways that the 53 does......

52 LTD serves rockaway patrons east of the hammels wye, 53 LTD serves rockaway patrons west of the wye......

i see the B20 giving people from Howard Beach and Lindewood another option to the A, and 3. or even a direct connection to the L and J at Broadway junction. Then there are several other routes that the people in Lindenwood can connect with like B13,14,15 not so faraway at General Post Office. The problem i see is the Diversity of Brooklyn entering Howard beach. sorry to get off topic about Q21 and Q52.

No worries about going o/t....

Lindenwood tries hard to separate themselves from Brooklyn.....

They are content w/ the Q21 or Q41 to the (A) [for local service] and especially the QM15 [for express bus service].... an extended B20 wouldn't really do anything for them.... don't see Lindenwood patrons wanting to take the (3) for any reason really.....

It's not like the situation w/ the riders down in the Rockaways that take the Q35 into brooklyn for the (2)(5) b/c dealing w/ the shuttle to the (A) w/i the rockaways is too cumbersome a commute.... well that, and the Qm16 doesn't run near as often (compared to what Lindenwood has w/ the Qm15)..... Lindenwood riders seeking the A have dibs on A's coming from Lefferts or A's coming from far rockaway (whichever comes first, of course)......

As for the (3), I doubt people from those areas would want to make a transfer in East NY.

See above.

Yes because Arverne is a growing community

That only applies to the Rockaway Beach Blvd section of Arverne, where the new homes are built. The Beach Channel Drive side has the Q22, and the Rockaway Freeway has the Far Rockaway Branch of the A. Still, I think it's neat that Arverne has a bus route that goes to mainland Queens.

How much you want to bet Far Rockaway residents are gonna beg for access to mainland Queens

Far Rockaway Residents already have access to mainland Queens. The Q113 takes them to Southeastern Queens and the A train that runs along Rockaway Freeway makes a couple of stops between Mott and Beach 67th before heading to the mainland. Far Rockaway even has a couple of buses that takes people to certain parts of Nassau County.

I meant direct access to Queens Center

The buses in Far Rockaway usually terminate at Beach 20th and Seagirt (N31, N32, Q113), or Beach 19th and Mott (N33,Q22) near the train station. Unless its going to those places or serve both somehow, there's no need for the Q52 to Far Rockaway.

The buses in Far Rockaway usually terminate at Beach 20th and Seagirt (N31, N32, Q113), or Beach 19th and Mott (N33,Q22) near the train station. Unless its going to those places or serve both somehow, there's no need for the Q52 to Far Rockaway.

It could always be extended there, and in any case, it does serve some portion of the Rockaways.

My plan has it serving both in case it does get extended to Far Rockaway

My plan has it serving both in case it does get extended to Far Rockaway

Its easier said than done. The Q22, N31, N32, and N33 all use Beach 19th Street, Beach 20th Street, and Beach 21st Street to serve those two places. Adding another frequent route like the Q52 would affect service on one of those buses. Then there's the matter of getting there, which might be a headache thanks to the baffling intersection where Seagirt, Beach Channel, and Rockaway meet.

How much you want to bet Far Rockaway residents are gonna beg for access to mainland Queens

I knew what you meant, and I can see that happening too - especially the minute when (A) service gets any worse than what it is now....

Don't think that should happen, though....

my qusetion is, how long till the ta conbime the 52/53 into a branch route like the m101/102/103 spit at the bribge.

Both routes combined to form two branches of 1 route? can't see that happening w/ the 52/53...

Having the Q11/21/52/53 all under one schedule I think'll happen before that would....

Dont need "Direct" acces to QC Mall. Having the Q52 is an improvment to going all the way to B 95th St, then the old way. Which was praying for a seat on the Q53 after a Q22 transfer.

..or having to fight for one...

I never cared for that corner/bus stop...

To me I don't think it's neccessary to run the Q11 the Q21 the Q52 and the Q53 on wood haven I think the Q21 should be cut it only runs about every 20-30 mins and is just a local feeder off the Q11 and Q53. If you remember back in the private bus days it had all these crazy headways. I believe it was 30 for am hours 60 for noon 30 for pm and 72 for evening.

The new Q52 is doing what the Q21 should of done for years.

To me I don't think it's neccessary to run the Q11 the Q21 the Q52 and the Q53 on wood haven I think the Q21 should be cut it only runs about every 20-30 mins and is just a local feeder off the Q11 and Q53. If you remember back in the private bus days it had all these crazy headways. I believe it was 30 for am hours 60 for noon 30 for pm and 72 for evening.

The new Q52 is doing what the Q21 should of done for years.

Then Lindenwood residents would scream about losing woodhaven service. If needed run the Q21 only between 164th/cross bay and liberty via Lindenwood.

Thanks B35. I should've worded it as, how much you wanna bet Far Rockaway residents are gonna beg for direct access to Queens Center. To me IMO, the Rockaway's biggest "hot spots" are Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park

Thanks B35. I should've worded it as, how much you wanna bet Far Rockaway residents are gonna beg for direct access to Queens Center. To me IMO, the Rockaway's biggest "hot spots" are Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park

As long as the Far Rockaway Branch of the A is still active, Far Rockaway Residents aren't going to beg for direct access to Queens Center.

Why does the A feels so slow when it goes to and from the Rockaways?

Because it is slow... lol...

I wouldn't want the A breezing through the causeways b/w Howard Bch & the rockaways..... Safety first.

Then Lindenwood residents would scream about losing woodhaven service. If needed run the Q21 only between 164th/cross bay and liberty via Lindenwood.

You wanna give those residents (namely Q21 riders) an orgasm? Get rid of the 21 & have a third branch of the Q11 run to 164th/cross bay via lindenwood...... Guaranteed the MTA would dedicate most of the service to it....

Outside of Riis Beach during summer time, I say that's the Rockaway's only hot spots !

Archived