North Carolina Man Shoots 4-Year-Old Boy He Thought Was Gay

mark1447

You've been saying that a lot recently...

Worse than that, He has a history of making slick little comments about blacks.... The term negro doesn't bother me, but it does bother a lot of black people.....I've said this before, he comes off as a closet racist....

1) http://www.nyctransi...ay/#entry420096

(brawl on the subway... oh my, such a SURGE of crime coming from Latinos & Blacks)

2) http://www.nyctransi...le/#entry391166

(two teens slashed & pummeled on a bus in SI.... Solution - TEAR DOWN those housing projects & send its inhabitants to Canarsie)

3) http://www.nyctransi...en/#entry420708

(15 year old shot in Harlem... Solution - move the projects & the homeless people to NJ)

^^ guess Canarsie's not enough of a punishment for those that live in any projects in Harlem..... it's enough for those that live in SI's projects though..... smfh....

4) http://www.nyctransi..._20#entry418747

(shooting in Brighton Beach... wow.... Didn't think that could happen there, since it's a high income area occupied by Italians & Russians... thought it would happen in a ghetto like Canarsie)

^^ then the follow up to the above link:

http://www.nyctransi..._20#entry418755

(He's sorry... he really is....)

5) http://www.nyctransi...ay/#entry544660

(NC man shoots 4 year old boy... hmpf, there goes those negroes again.... How dare they not OBEY MLK Jr.)

^^ the follow up to this:

http://www.nyctransi..._20#entry544955

(He's sorry, he should have thought it through)

LMAO... I can't believe you went & dug up those posts... :lol:

lol.... just in case he tries to claim falsity.....

I didn't care what word he used; the racist part is that he made a racial issue out of a situation that wasn't related to race.

Neither do I, but I'm gonna attack him on what he said.... which clearly illustrates & magnifies his agenda.....

This is just a general statement for both the topic at hand and the comments in this forum ..

Smh at the closed minded ppl in this world.... Racists and homophobes alike... And for the record, ppl of ALL races commit crimes, its absolutely absurd to call on particular race for crime or whatever, but thats what closed minded ppl do.. I'm a proud multiracial boy (African American, Italian, Irish & French) and racism just makes me angry... No culture should be disrespected like that.. and everybody makes assumptions off of others (He's black, he might rob me, or he's asian, he must be smart, or he's gay, so he's weak...) its so stupid and prejudiced, its sad....

And for the topic of the thread, I think its not right for ppl to dislike gay ppl because they are gay.... This guy had NO right for killing a boy cuz he "thought" he was gay. The kid is four, like you're not gonna know if he was or not, he's too young, and second of all, its a kid... The guy was religious and he may say "Being gay is a sin" well actually MURDER IS A SERIOUS SIN, if he didn't know... I just hate when ppl say bad stuff about gay ppl, some of my best friends are gay and they are the nicest ppl ever but again, thats what closed minded ppl do, stereotype others without getting to know them...

Sorry for the rant, but this type of stuff is very personal for me....

Don't you just love how this never happened if it's a girl who'se a lesbian?

Americans are much more accepting toward lesbians and I think most of us know why...

he's asian, he must be smart

Well, obviously there's something wrong with the comments about Blacks and gays, but I'd be flattered if I were Asian and people automatically assumed I was smart because of it. I mean, there's nothing offensive about people thinking you're smart (Hell, I have the highest average in the class and I have plenty of friends)

Well, obviously there's something wrong with the comments about Blacks and gays, but I'd be flattered if I were Asian and people automatically assumed I was smart because of it. I mean, there's nothing offensive about people thinking you're smart (Hell, I have the highest average in the class and I have plenty of friends)

Lol, i used those as examples of stereotypical comments that ppl generally make.... We all have heard those before of course lol.... That's another type of stereotype you have brought up... ppl in my school that don't get very good grades call the honors kids nerds and no-lives, but they have lives and friends like everybody else...

Lol, i used those as examples of stereotypical comments that ppl generally make.... We all have heard those before of course lol.... That's another type of stereotype you have brought up... ppl in my school that don't get very good grades call the honors kids nerds and no-lives, but they have lives and friends like everybody else...

Well, as the saying goes, "birds of a feather stick together". I'm a nerd and I hang out with all my other nerdy friends. :D All the non-nerds hang out with each other, and everybody's happy (I mean, of course, I do have a couple of friends with average grades and everything, but you get the point)

And that's the thing: People assume that all smart kids spend all their time studying and have no lives. I mean, I almost never study: I just do the assignments and everything, and I usually understand the material from that. It's very rare that I actually study (and it'll usually just be some last minute review for an AP test or something big). And still have some free time to do what I want (Like hang out on here. :D )

Well, as the saying goes, "birds of a feather stick together". I'm a nerd and I hang out with all my other nerdy friends. :D All the non-nerds hang out with each other, and everybody's happy (I mean, of course, I do have a couple of friends with average grades and everything, but you get the point)

And that's the thing: People assume that all smart kids spend all their time studying and have no lives. I mean, I almost never study: I just do the assignments and everything, and I usually understand the material from that. It's very rare that I actually study (and it'll usually just be some last minute review for an AP test or something big). And still have some free time to do what I want (Like hang out on here. :D )

We're almost exactly alike! I'm not a nerd lol, all my friends have lower grades than me tho... in my school I'm well known (its Catholic school) and I have a wide group of friends and everybody does their thing and everyone is happy too. I do my Homework for every class but I dont copy notes or study (unless its Math or Religion), its just simple and elementary to me... And I get a lot of free time too, I get home fairly late (my commute from school to home is something like 1 hr and 45 minutes ; and i get home at like 7, except weekends and fridays) I go to parties like the average teen, but I do relax at home too (and go on here, which I love doing lol :D )

Never consider yourself smart by association. I went to pretty good schools and would be at the top of my class if not the school, started thinking I was a really smart kid. Then I went to a *really* good school and I was treading water just trying to stay above, realizing I was just as average as everybody else there. It's all relative. When you start to be around people who challenge you, you start to see where your skills are and you find out where you fit. Then you start to give yourself the challenges instead of taking them from the curriculum. Proving yourself around smart people is the difficult thing to do, not proving yourself against the standardized test. So that's when it gets interesting. Anyway, just my little shtick for today, back on topic!

Never consider yourself smart by association. I went to pretty good schools and would be at the top of my class if not the school, started thinking I was a really smart kid. Then I went to a *really* good school and I was treading water just trying to stay above, realizing I was just as average as everybody else there. It's all relative. When you start to be around people who challenge you, you start to see where your skills are and you find out where you fit. Then you start to give yourself the challenges instead of taking them from the curriculum. Proving yourself around smart people is the difficult thing to do, not proving yourself against the standardized test. So that's when it gets interesting. Anyway, just my little shtick for today, back on topic!

Well, FWIW, I'm taking AP classes, and I'm still getting pretty good grades, and on tests like the SAT, my scores are well above average (I got a 2150, and the average score is like a 1600). When I took the SHSAT, I got a 572, so I could've gotten into (*with a southern accent*) one of them there fancy specialized schools, including Stuyvesant. :D I guess it would've been cool to prove myself to the kids at Stuy, but it just wasn't worth the commute IMO.

But I'm sure there are plenty of kids out there who are as smart or smarter than me.

- I stayed away from the nerdy kids.... I was the quiet, smart kid that stayed to himself mainly.... I wasn't the one getting orgasms over the fact I got 90+ on tests, and whimpering like a little female dog b/c I didn't get a grade I felt I deserved.... The slackoffs took a liking to me I guess b/c they could read that I was up on game (so to speak), and wasn't some bookworm that looked down on the kids that weren't near as book smart..... The slackoffs respected that I didn't get into the (amount of) mischief that they did..... all in all, they were cool as hell to me....

- Studying in the traditional/widespread sense, I never did.... adds more pressure, causing me to get lower grades on tests.....

Always thought the notion of "cramming" was stupid....

- Asian kids being known for being smart (well, to the tune that they used to be anyway) is a thing of the past....

- I stayed away from the nerdy kids.... I was the quiet, smart kid that stayed to himself mainly.... I wasn't the one getting orgasms over the fact I got 90+ on tests, and whimpering like a little female dog b/c I didn't get a grade I felt I deserved.... The slackoffs took a liking to me I guess b/c they could read that I was up on game (so to speak), and wasn't some bookworm that looked down on the kids that weren't near as book smart..... The slackoffs respected that I didn't get into the (amount of) mischief that they did..... all in all, they were cool as hell to me....

- Studying in the traditional/widespread sense, I never did.... adds more pressure, causing me to get lower grades on tests.....

- Asian kids being known for being smart (well, to the tune that they used to be anyway) is a thing of the past....

Really great post, B35.

The way you were in H.S. is kind of the way I wanted to be... I was quiet and shy but then I became mean and made fun of ppl and then ppl got to know the real me... but if I had gone the way you did, it may have been better for me . And I was a slacker in freshman year but in sophomore year, I was shown as one of the smartest (I sometimes feel uncomfortable, being one of the smart ones, its hard to explain) and I noticed that cramming actually made me get lower grades than if I had just taken the test w/out studying at all...

I never understood the idea behind studying. Generally, you either know the subject or don't. No amount of studying is going to help you get 90+ on a test in which the subject matter is one you have trouble grasping. My belief has always been that you can study your way to a B but not an A. I never studied for a test in my high school life and that goes for AP exams as well and graduated top of my class. :) I haven't even studied in college so far but that could change as I take more demanding classes. I also respect the fact that you weren't the stereotypical nerd. I tried not to be one but I naturally got along with the honor students at my school and that didn't help the fact that my average was highest in the school for 2 years running. No matter how cool I was, the "nerd" label got applied to me.

Well, FWIW, I'm taking AP classes, and I'm still getting pretty good grades, and on tests like the SAT, my scores are well above average (I got a 2150, and the average score is like a 1600). When I took the SHSAT, I got a 572, so I could've gotten into (*with a southern accent*) one of them there fancy specialized schools, including Stuyvesant. :D I guess it would've been cool to prove myself to the kids at Stuy, but it just wasn't worth the commute IMO.

But I'm sure there are plenty of kids out there who are as smart or smarter than me.

APs are alright, but that's still not the point. It's not the numbers on the tests that actually get you ready for the world, it's the actions you take, and that's where being around people who challenge you is important. Least, that's how I've always seen it. In any case, no use bragging about it, cause that means the least of all.

@B35: Gotta say that stereotype is still alive and well, and schools like Stuy having a 70% Asian population with maybe two-three dozen black kids in the whole school don't really help to kill it.

I think that the "real" nerds are the people who just love learning ideas and information, not the ones who only care about proving that they're better than someone else.

I agree! Those who want to prove that they are better than someone else aren't nerds, they are just cocky and insecure ppl..

Well, I like to joke around that I'm a nerd, but it's only in the sense that my grades are high. I'm not one of the people who puts an obvious look of shock on their face when I get back a paper that has an 80 instead of a 95. I will argue if it's something like me handing in an assignment and not getting credit for it, but I don't go after every last point.

As far as slackoffs, I am friends with a few people who slack off, but they're not like an extreme slackoff (I mean, if your average is an 85, you've at least got to be putting in some effort, even if it's just doing a few of the assignments). None of them seem to get into any real trouble, though. As Via Garibaldi would say, they do sometimes like to put those "pantyhose things" (referring to do-rags) on their head, and sometimes they get loud in the library or in the classroom, but that's about it. I mean, anybody who's really loud and obnoxious I don't hang out with.

I wouldn't really say I'm even known as a "nerd". It's something my friends and I joke about, but most people just know me as a "really smart kid". I mean, I even tell my friends how I almost never study (and I never "study" in the sense where I'm actually sitting down and getting immersed in the subject matter. It's more of just a quick review, and sometimes it's because I'm not paying attention in class so I get the material from the textbook. A lot of people seem to be genuinely interested in "the secret to my success" so-to-speak, since I manage to get high grades while still being a laid-back type of guy.

APs are alright, but that's still not the point. It's not the numbers on the tests that actually get you ready for the world, it's the actions you take, and that's where being around people who challenge you is important. Least, that's how I've always seen it. In any case, no use bragging about it, cause that means the least of all.

@B35: Gotta say that stereotype is still alive and well, and schools like Stuy having a 70% Asian population with maybe two-three dozen black kids in the whole school don't really help to kill it.

I know that. I mean, there have been some cases where I was around some really smart people, like when I took an engineering internship at Cooper Union. We had to design a plant that would produce a certain type of polymer, and it involved a ton of complicated calculations and figuring out a bunch of reactions and how much material it would take to cool down the reactors and a whole bunch of stuff. Plus, it involved work with computers which I was never too good at. In fact, there was one equation which my partner and I couldn't figure out, and when we showed it to the teacher, even he couldn't figure it out (we tried putting it into a computer program, but it just didn't work out). Of course, we still got credit, but I'm telling you, that was some hard sh*t. I mean, part of it was because I was one of the younger people in the class, but I wouldn't consider myself to be the top student the way I am in high school.

And yeah, I checked out the numbers for Staten Island Tech, and it's like 30% Asian, even though SI as a whole is only 7% Asian. And there are very few Black kids there. There are 1,000 kids going there, and only like 10 are Black, and another 20 are Hispanic. :( Diversity doesn't too rank high (for me) as far as choosing a school goes, but it's definitely a plus of going where I go now.

I agree! Those who want to prove that they are better than someone else aren't nerds, they are just cocky and insecure ppl..

Come to think about it, I don't actually know anybody who really fits the bill as far as wanting to be better than anybody. I know people who are obsessed with their grades, but I don't think they care what grade anybody else gets. I mean, I sure as hell don't get any satisfaction out of seeing people fail.

Come to think about it, I don't actually know anybody who really fits the bill as far as wanting to be better than anybody. I know people who are obsessed with their grades, but I don't think they care what grade anybody else gets. I mean, I sure as hell don't get any satisfaction out of seeing people fail.

I haven't met anyone like that either yet, and I hope I never do... I would never be friends or associate myself w/someone who thinks they are better than anyone else or like seeing ppl fail....

@checkmate... I don't feel like quoting your whole post

my high school is no where near diverse... 97% of it is either Black or Latino.

In fact students joke around about the 1-2 white students wanting to know who they are.

The few Asians we have do quite well. 2010's Valedictorian in my school was an immigrant from China, I had AP Stats with him and this year's Salutatorian is an Asian girl who could have been Valedictorian if she had all her Regents. She immigrated from Vietnam and I happened to have AP Calculus with her. That's impressive considering there are only about 4-5 Asian students in the school.

Archived