2012 MLB Thread

Shortline Bus

As last year showed, every game counts. Early as this season maybe, every game matters especially if they want to avoid a 1 game playoff for the WC spot.

=

Another Yankees loss, another game the hitting is ice cold. Hughes may not have been great, but giving up 2 2run shots isn't terrible. If they remain like this by the ASG, either they need to fire the hitting coach or Girardi needs to go. This is absurd with how a line up like this and they can't score more than 1-3 runs against Baltimore and Toronto.

Also with how some are saying Josh Hamilton is on some sort of enhancement drugs, I would hope people pass the same cloud of suspicion on Jose Batista. I friggin hate Batista more than Hamilton.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As last year showed, every game counts. Early as this season maybe, every game matters especially if they want to avoid a 1 game playoff for the WC spot.

=

Another Yankees loss, another game the hitting is ice cold. Hughes may not have been great, but giving up 2 2run shots isn't terrible. If they remain like this by the ASG, either they need to fire the hitting coach or Girardi needs to go. This is absurd with how a line up like this and they can't score more than 1-3 runs against Baltimore and Toronto.

Also with how some are saying Josh Hamilton is on some sort of enhancement drugs, I would hope people pass the same cloud of suspicion on Jose Batista. I friggin hate Batista more than Hamilton.

If we going to pass doubt on Hamilton and Batista can we do the same for Matt Kemp as well? I know the Dodgers just put Kemp on Injury reserve but he also been been on fire.

Yeah, it drives ya nuts when the Yankees have these 1, 2, 3 run games....

As far as Roidtista (I call him), not suspect him, are you kidding... LMAO.

How could anyone not suspect a man that had no 20HR seasons 5-6 seasons prior... and all of a sudden, he up jumps the boogie with 54 HR's in 2010, and 43 (I think it was) last year.....

I can't stand either one of them (hamilton, bautista) equally.... don't dislike one more than I do the other.....

If we going to pass doubt on Hamilton and Batista can we do the same for Jeff Kemp as well? I know the Dodgers just put Kemp on Injury reserve but he also been been on fire.

Matt Kemp is probably on something too.... He aint special.

Good points. I guess I hate Batista more since he's playing within the division and the Yankees faces them more often. Lol Roidtista! very true.

I also hope when Ortiz retires, they throw the book at him too, he's in the same boat where he came out of nowhere with monster seasons. That sob crushed the Yankees in 2004 and had the nerve to throw Aroid under the bus when that list came out on the users. It's one thing to deny, but another to blame others first...

Good points. I guess I hate Batista more since he's playing within the division and the Yankees faces them more often. Lol Roidtista! very true.

I also hope when Ortiz retires, they throw the book at him too, he's in the same boat where he came out of nowhere with monster seasons. That sob crushed the Yankees in 2004 and had the nerve to throw Aroid under the bus when that list came out on the users. It's one thing to deny, but another to blame others first...

I remember that, and I didn't like that either.... Not that I'm giving ortiz a pass, but I think his power comes from his weight his fat also.... like omar epps, ortiz had the juice too.... But since A-roid is a bigger figure in the media, they shined the spotlight on him... I feel as if Ortiz avoided media suspicion just like Pujols did.....

Man, I would not be surprised if half the frickin league is dirty..... it's either they're juicing the damn baseballs or the damn players are juiced themselves....

....including Ryan Braun.... He's just as innocent as OJ Simpson is.... FOH.... lol....

This MLB 'Business update" is presented by Forbes. Well this morning at the MLB Executives/GM meetings, the league formally approved the sale of the Dodgers to Magic Johnson's group and also rubber stamped the added wild card 1-game play-in game starting this October.

However there (1) move that will bound to create controversy. MLB and their TV partner TBS announced that a couple of 'conflict' games in the division series playoff round will now shown on MLB Network effective this post season in Oct. 2012. What a dumb move. Another example why MLB needs a separte businessperson and not a former owner in Bud Selig for important decisions like this.

In much of America, MLB network is not on many cable systems or only available on premuium tier. This switch is a move by MLB Owners and Selig to force cable companies to carry the MLB Network, If anything Sister station TNT or even ESPN should gotten the extra games. Often in recent years, TNT already shows the extra games that start late so why not make it offical.

MLB just like the NFL should have all playoff games shown in both teams home market when on digital cable channels like ESPN or Network.

Oh thank god, something other than that 40s rendition. I do hope they keep Donna's version for... forever, anything is better than a dated version. As for the game, sadly the team still can't hit with risp. Andy did everything and more, though it was against the Reds, but don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the win.

North of the boarder the Mets gets slaughtered by the Jays. Maybe Hughes is turning things around if he only lost by 2 2run homers.

I can't believe backup catcher Rob Johnson pitched an inning yesterday. I've wanted to see a Mets position player pitch, and it just happened that I stopped watching after the first half of the 8th inning.

I can't believe backup catcher Rob Johnson pitched an inning yesterday. I've wanted to see a Mets position player pitch, and it just happened that I stopped watching after the first half of the 8th inning.

That reminds me when a few years back, Nick Swisher pitched an inning for the Yankees against the Rays. Nick actually struck out someone too.

Despite all of the crap over the last 20 years MLB has faced, i.e strikes/work stoppages, steroids/ped's, Bud Selig, etc. got to post this. This is a clip that almost brought a tear to my eye and I am no Cubs fan. Kerry Wood, the Dwight Gooden and Don Mattingly of this era who busted on the scene with his 20 strike out game in the late 1990's, has decided to retire. Injuries cut short what could have been a possible HOF carrer. Check out this clip as he retires after the Cubs game vs Crosstown rivals the White Sox on Friday May 18, 2012. This is example of the greatness of baseball and why I am a lifelong fan of this game. And other than Ernie Banks and Ryan Sandberg, he is retiring among the most popular Cubs players ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwozEf9jrw

Boy do the Yankees suck right now. Yeah they're not the only ones but still, they have to play better.

On Kerry Wood: Die you know he pitched in 2010 for the Yankees? Yeah he was pretty good and the Yanks wanted him back. The Cubs offered him less money on 2011 and he returned there instead of pitching back in NY. Oh well I will remember him for his 20 strikeout performance and sadly his injuries.

smh at this team. I mean CC ace as he is can't work with a measly 2 run lead. Where the hell is the offense? Seriously, this slump has been going on for a month now. At this rate they'll be lucky to be the 2nd wc team.

As for Wood, yeah, he was pretty good as a reliever. I guess returning to his first team mattered more. I can't fault him for that. Kudos for closing out his career with a good note.

I always thought Wood was better than Prior (back when they were a young tandem on the Cubs)....

About the yankees.... I didn't see yesterday's (wasn't in town) or today's (slept most of day away) game, but wtf at losing 2 of 3 to the reds..... Their bats usually heat up as summer approaches, but I'm startin to get real impatient w/ this (seemingly) team-wide slump offensively..... what is it now, only a game up on the red sox for last in the east.... jesus freakin christ....

Based loaded, no outs, 3-4-5 coming up. Guess what happens?

Strikeout looking (granted, that one should have been ball 4), strikeout swinging, flyout to the track in left center.

Even watching them now is an exercise in futility.

Based loaded, no outs, 3-4-5 coming up. Guess what happens?

Strikeout looking (granted, that one should have been ball 4), strikeout swinging, flyout to the track in left center.

Even watching them now is an exercise in futility.

Again??

They also had a bases loaded & no one out situation in the 1st game of that reds series (back on friday) & failed to drive in any runs...... luckily they got some insurance runs in the 8th & ended up winning that game

Archived