2012 MLB Thread

Shortline Bus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ibanez and Kuroda to the rescue tonight. So thanks to them, the crowds won't be asking for Cashman to be fired due to Montero hitting a solo shot against his former team. In a way Cashman was 2 for 3 tonight for the off season aquisitions.

Yep, and like I just said in the chatbox, yankee relief pitching did their thing tonight as well.... Kuroda been pretty good, esp. w/ Pineda gone for the season.... just wish the Yankees would score more for Kuroda though....

speaking of their bullpen, I didn't know Wade was still on the team.... lol....

Cano had a great night (4-4) as he is now on a 9-game hitting streak!

Word...

Good hitters always find a way to get back on stride.... didn't he go 3-4, or 3-3 with a walk last night....

he's been tearing the cover off the ball lately !

Good. I do feel bad for the guy. He's been shifted around the place from if and of. He needs consistency, so hopefully time in the minors will do him some good. Because if this stint doesn't work out, he's going to be a DH/trade bait because the Yankees don't have room for a full time DH with the older players and ideally Nunez is supposed to replace Jeter.

Happy birthday to Yankee legend Yogi Berra! He is now 87 years old.

Oh yes. Thanks for reminder buddy. :D A little video tribute to an all time MLB great.

FYI. Don't forget Yogi also has a place in Mets history leading them as skipper to the 1973 World Series as well.

Aside from the second inning, Noesi pitched pretty well. But Phil Hughes was just dominating today. A fitting birthday present for Yogi indeed.

Pettite pitches tomorrow.

Great to see Phil keep it up. Even if it's against the lowly Mariners, it's good to see him bounce back from a terrible April.

Yup. No one can blame Andy. If not for those 2 2-run shots, he was pretty good today for the first time since the ALCS in 2010.

I would say it was a meh start by the numbers but once you saw Andy pitch today, he pitched pretty well for someone who hasn't made a start in nearly 2 years. Getting dominated by Kevin Millwood (who WAS a very good pitcher) is just inexcusable. I guess that's why you can't predict baseball.

Yankees win today but the bad news is that 4 Yankees are injured.

Raul Ibañez (HBP in elbow)

Ivan Nova (ankle, foot)

Clay Rapada (viral infection)

David Robertson (ribcage)

With Nova hurt, we might see more Phelps if he goes to the DL. Rafael Soriano for now is the closer. Pray for Soriano to stay healthy, otherwise Boone Logan and Cory Wade might have to matchup in the 9th and things will not go well if the Yanks have to call up organizational fillers like Cody Eppley and Kevin Whelan to pitch the late innings. Although Freddy is hiding in the bullpen, who knows if he can help.

Damn, and of the 4, Ibanez is the big loss since he's been hitting pretty well as of late. Robertson is obvious as he's the insurance if Soriano has a meltdown. Nova looks 'mortal' now (and with Andy back) he's probably the #4. If Hughes starts to rebound, Nova could be the 5th guy.

Ibañez is fine thank goodness. Hopefully he plays against the Blue Jays tomorrow.

Robertson is placed on the DL today with an oblique injury. Cody Eppley got recalled, he better face only righties that's all I'm sayin..Yankees are getting shut out through 6 by Taiwanese lefty Wei Yin Chen.

And the 'can't beat some new guy' streak continues...

Thank god about Ibanez. the way everyone but Jeter and maybe Granderson have been hitting, they need him healthy.

Oh noes Drew Hutchinson is going to pitch tomorrow!! A rookie!!! Yankees are doomed!!

On a serious note, Doug Drabek's son wasn't that dominant, this game is all on the Yankees offense. Compared to Wei Yin Chen, W. Chen pitched better than Drabek did. I will tip my cap to Chen, he has pitched well so far this season.

Let's see what happens with Hughes and the Yankees offense.

Much as I want to like Kuroda, this was a bad game and he's becoming like AJ Burnett 2. The only thing so far is he's at least dominated in the games he won, but bombed 'spectacularly' in games he lost. Otoh, even if he pitched decently, once again scoring just 1 run wouldn't have helped either. The offense is really worrying me. If they can't hit against average pitchers, how are they going to fare against the more elite pitchers in the playoffs?

CBS 11 - DFW :

85707075.jpg?w=420&h=315

A general view of the exterior of Citi Field on March 25, 2009 in the Flushing neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City. (credit: Mike Stobe/Getty Images)

"NEW YORK (CBS SPORTS) -

Mr. Met stood near the podium with baseball commissioner Bud Selig, Mets owner Fred Wilpon and New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg. “Thanks for bringing your boss along,” Bloomberg said to the mascot. “Does he pay you well?”

After more than three years of trouble on and off the field, the Mets feel things are looking up. Major League Baseball finally announced Wednesday that the 2013 All-Star Game will be hosted by the New York Mets at Citi Field on July 16 — the latest date for the game since 1985.

The Mets last hosted the All-Stars in 1964, the year Shea Stadium opened, when Johnny Callison’s three-run homer capped a four-run ninth inning and gave the NL a 7-4 win. The game was last in New York in 2008, the final season of the old Yankee Stadium, when the AL won 4-3 in 15 innings.

“I think we are headed in the right direction,” Wilpon said, using a cane following left hip-replacement surgery two weeks ago. “I know Major League Baseball believes in the Wilpons and the Mets.”

Source Link: http://dfw.cbslocal....-all-star-game/

Read More via CBS Sports: http://www.cbssports...ince-64-at-shea

Much as I want to like Kuroda, this was a bad game and he's becoming like AJ Burnett 2. The only thing so far is he's at least dominated in the games he won, but bombed 'spectacularly' in games he lost. Otoh, even if he pitched decently, once again scoring just 1 run wouldn't have helped either. The offense is really worrying me. If they can't hit against average pitchers, how are they going to fare against the more elite pitchers in the playoffs?

3-for-40 with RISP through 6 in tonight's game, sum total of the five previous.

As I (think I) said a few pages back, the Yankees barely give Kuroda any run support..... that plays into it too.... I wouldn't compare him to that bum A.J....

Although Burnett would have bad 1st & 2nd innings also, the difference is, Burnett would get the run support - Thing is, he couldn't hold a 4-5-6 run lead to save his life.... You had the feeling that No lead was safe when he was on the mound, unless he was K'ing (striking out) batters from the start.... If he wasn't racking up K's early, he was stinking....

As the Yanks lose, They drop to Forth place in the AL east standings... No offense whatsoever... I still have faith but the Yankees need to get the bats working.

NYCtrainfan being 'fair' no body anywhere in MLB is off to a blazing start although Texas has the best record as of this writing 5/17/12. I think the AL East top to bottom is the closest it has been since the early 1980's. The only team i think that will not have a good season is the Red Sox.

Archived