2012 MLB Thread

Shortline Bus

Already said that people were stupid for buying into the hype surrounding the tigers pitching

(and this being a one-sided WS favoring the tigers, like those jackasses on ESPN baseball tonight predicted).....

Now I didn't expect the giants to be up 3-0 in the series necessarily, but not for ONE second did I think this supposed great starting rotation the tigers got, would shut down the giants, predicated on how bad the yankees performed on offense (which is all it is).... This is what happens when you have people with hive mentalities, instead of people who don't see what things are for what they are & thinking individually....

I'm not rooting for either team either way, but I will laugh (and smh @ the same time as how bad this year's playoffs was after the WC round were) if the tigers get swept out just like the yankees did.... I personally think there's a bit of a NL bias anyway surrounding the league as of late, but that's another topic.....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, I don't see any NL bias, but I am more surprised with how the AL teams have faded out the way they did. Perhaps they knocked each other out and the NL had it a little easier? Kudos to the Giants for rising past Melky's 50 game ban. I never expected them to be this good, but that NLCS showed they were fighters and it's hard to beat a team with no fear.

You may not see a bias, but I most certainly do.....

For starters, I'm not just talking about this year's playoffs when I say that.... I'm talking about the MLB in general...

The league IMO favored/favors the NL style of play anyway (why do you think there's this push to get rid of the DH, and such a backlash to actually inject the DH into the NL style of play) - FWIW, Ever since they put that rule in place regarding home field advantage in the WS, the NL has benefitted from that moreso than the AL....

I favor AL ball over NL ball, but as much as I hate to say this, I think we're entering an era where we're gonna start seeing more of the NL representative team win the WS... A bit of a power shift, if you will (I'm not talking about HR's when I say "power" either).... Not sure if it all has to do with the AL teams tiring/knocking each other out throughout the season & the NL picking up the crumbs come playoff time so to speak.... I think more NL teams are slowly/steadily getting better than the AL teams (IMO, much to the league's liking)......

As for the giants not folding after Melky got caught, yeah good for them.....

I don't follow SF ball, but to me, Sandoval > juiced Melky anyway....

...and let me turn the channel after watching the (NY) giants game, b/c I don't wanna see one second of the WS.

For me, it's either Sergio Romo or Pablo Sandoval.

EDIT: And what a HUGE pitch to end the World Series! After throwing only sliders to Jackson and Cabrera, he threw a four-seamer down the middle, completely fooling everyone! Talk about a gutsy pitch! This is why he's the closer!

And the thing is this is San Fran's second title in three years. Previously, they hadn't won a title from 1954 (their last title as the New York Giants before relocating after the 1957 season) to 2009. The celebrating is rather late, but it makes it much more refreshing.

And for some of the Giants' current core, it's even better. During the 2010 playoffs, Zito wasn't on the roster, and Sandoval was relegated to the bench. And Marco Scutaro, a thirty-seven-year-old journeyman, finally has his ring. For this trio, this win must be really sweet.

And Sandoval is the World Series MVP! Congratulations, Panda!

Detroit beat the Yankees. Then they turned into them. And that's why they lost.

Congrats San Fran!

That's one way of lookin at it....

My way of lookin at it is simply this: They got exposed.

Which makes me worry how bad the Yankees would've been embarrassed had they played the Giants. But w/e congrats to the Giants, they deserved it and I have nothing but respect for them (and just because I wanted them to beat the Tigers :) ).

IMO, If the yankees performed at least up to 50% of what they're "normally" capable of, such a series would've went at least 6....

I think this tiger team in this WS performed a little better than 50% of their capability.... I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but detroit is just not that good (and I'm not judging that on their reg. season record).... I don't know what it is with them; I mean had it not been for the white sox's collapse, we probably wouldn't be talking about this team right now......

^^ (With the whole 50% thing (case you're confused), what I'm alluding to is, the tigers performed better against the giants in the WS [although they didn't have any wins to show for it] than the yankees did against the tigers in the ALCS - It's a way of saying I think the yankees would've made more of a series against the giants if they played the way we yankee fans are accustomed to seeing them play game-in & game-out.... They probably would've still lost to this SF team though, Lol.....)

Anyway, good for SF.... How about someone with the last name of ROMO that actually isn't a mediocre professional sports player !

Archived