2012 MLB Thread

Shortline Bus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't take it as ESPN "rubbing it in" at all.... I took it as ESPN "overrating the Detroit Tigers"...

Everything about the yanks that was pointed out, was well deserved.... Everyone from mgmt. on down to the players themselves should let that all sink in.... And don't believe these athletes that wanna make like they don't watch the ESPN's & the MLB Network's of the world, either....

The part that sucks for the tigers is that no one outside of detroit will give them their just dues as being 2012 ALCS champs.....

(meaning, not even mentioning the yankee offensive collapse as part of it all)

Now you're gonna start seeing ESPN d*ckriding the Cardinals......

Tigers are a good team. Big reason Bro(B35)why they wont get their props is because they only won 88 times in regular season and was hampered by injuries middle of the year. Assuming they face the Cards, they both (Cards only won i think 88 games themselves) would set an infamous world series record for lowest total amount of regular season wins to ever make the world series. Similar to this spring in 2012 Stanley Cup when the LA Kings an #8 seed beat a #6 seed in NJ Devils.

The Yankees have some nerve blaming their fans for this collapse

Straight up punk shit to the fullest... these guys make 7 figures & I, the Yankee fan, are partly to blame for them getting swept in the CS & batting below the interstate [i-95; .195] in the entire playoffs this season, yeah, any Yankee that's on that tip can go f*ck themselves.... and I'd tell any NYY that to their faces too, no BS.....

Like I said, swisher's oversensitive ass can take a hike.... He's one of these tree-hugging, inner feeling type of dudes anyway (he's admitted to being sensitive on numerous occasions anyway)... Guess someone forgot to tell him in his welcome to New York that we hold athletes to a standard of "What have you done for me lately".....

... and I aint talkin bout that Janet Jackson song either.

Straight up punk shit to the fullest... these guys make 7 figures & I, the Yankee fan, are partly to blame for them getting swept in the CS & batting below the interstate [i-95; .195] in the entire playoffs this season, yeah, any Yankee that's on that tip can go f*ck themselves.... and I'd tell any NYY that to their faces too, no BS.....

Like I said, swisher's oversensitive ass can take a hike.... He's one of these tree-hugging, inner feeling type of dudes anyway (he's admitted to being sensitive on numerous occasions anyway)... Guess someone forgot to tell him in his welcome to New York that we hold athletes to a standard of "What have you done for me lately".....

My guess is that it was Mr. Swisher who was the Yankee *privately and off the record* in that interview that was upset by the boo birds.

My guess is that it was Mr. Swisher who was the Yankee *privately and off the record* in that interview that was upset by the boo birds.

He made disparaging comments about yankee fans in a radio interview, after some yankee fans chastised him for dropping that ball in RF (going on to blame swisher for jeter's injury - As if to say, had he caught that ball, jeter would not have been injured).....

If anyone cares the Giants might be on verge extending series of game (6) by leading the Cards 4 to 0 in 7th inning (as of this writing.)

And was it a great game, too. Zito pitched his best game as a Giant, throwing 7.2 scoreless innings. If there's one thing he's been all year, it's being the third best pitcher for the Giants. Lincecum struggled all season, and Bumgarner struggled over the past month-plus. Zito has been consistently good since the second half, posting an ERA of around 3.3, and the Giants have won the last thirteen games he started.

I ain't never heard of a team blame its fans for screwing up. Swishalicious my ass

I ain't never heard of a team blame its fans for screwing up. Swishalicious my ass

Like B35 said, this team needs players that are mentally tough, not cheesecakes like Swisher. I think Jeter is the only one that has that toughness. If Swisher don't want to get booed for his bad performances, go to a small market team who loves to lose a lot at least he won't have to worry about going to the postseason. At least A.J. Burnett had his moments in the postseason and he's an enigma, not like Swisher who ever since coming to the Yankees has not done nothing in the postseason.

So it seems Granderson's gonna be a lock because of his contract, so much for him going.. I'm still hoping Kuroda, Ichiro, Pettitte, and Ibanez are kept.

He made disparaging comments about yankee fans in a radio interview, after some yankee fans chastised him for dropping that ball in RF (going on to blame swisher for jeter's injury - As if to say, had he caught that ball, jeter would not have been injured).....

To Swisher's defense, even if he did caught the ball, the way the team kept stranding runners, it wouldn't have mattered anyway since they couldn't close out the game when all they needed to do was score 1 friggin run in the 1st game. Like I predicted, Nunez picked up the slack for Jeter in terms of hitting, sadly they didn't bring him in sooner and to replace Arod or Cano in the infield.

Shifting gears for minute. The Red Sox in a shock to no one have hired current Blue Jays Skipper as their new manager. The Bosox send back to Toronto Mike Aviles. It's only 7th time in MLB history (going back to 1900)that a existing manager has been "transfered" to another team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/farrell-benefit-valentines-2012-fiasco-164038546--mlb.html

While in NLCS (you never count out the Cards)Giants on verge of forcing a winner take all game (7) up on St Louis 5-1.

Shifting gears for minute. The Red Sox in a shock to no one have hired current Blue Jays Skipper as their new manager. The Bosox send back to Toronto Mike Aviles. It's only 7th time in MLB history (going back to 1900)that a existing manager has been "transfered" to another team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/farrell-benefit-valentines-2012-fiasco-164038546--mlb.html

While in NLCS (you never count out the Cards)Giants on verge of forcing a winner take all game (7) up on St Louis 5-1.

Maybe it's good for Boston. When Farrell was their pitching coach, they won the World Series

The Giants will have a very short turnaround to begin hosting the world series on Wed. I make my prediction on Tuesday but right now i am leaning on picking the orange and black team that once called NYC "home."

Same here. Although I feel Detroit will win it

Well the Big Mouth has been quiet. The marlins after spending tens of millions of dollars to put together a playoff contender have fired Ozzie Gullien. And off topic. Why does these sports leagues websites have to be so political correct not using the "F" word aka "fired" now ? :o

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...ws_mlb&c_id=mlb

Well the Big Mouth has been quiet. The marlins after spending tens of millions of dollars to put together a playoff contender have fired Ozzie Gullien. And off topic. Why does these sports leagues websites have to be so political correct not using the "F" word aka "fired" now ? :o

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...ws_mlb&c_id=mlb

Although I think Guillen is funny as hell, he's been relegated to the status of being a gimmick... a sideshow... a straight up ratings/headlines grabber in the majors.... Too bad, since he has those rings from that 03 marlins team & that 05 white sox team..... I would've been more stunned if the marlins actually kept him for longer than a full season.... I think they hired him, solely on the reason that he'd draw more fans down in Miami to the games.....

Although I think Guillen is funny as hell, he's been relegated to the status of being a gimmick... a sideshow... a straight up ratings/headlines grabber in the majors.... Too bad, since he has those rings from that 03 marlins team & that 05 white sox team..... I would've been more stunned if the marlins actually kept him for longer than a full season.... I think they hired him, solely on the reason that he'd draw more fans down in Miami to the games.....

So bro(B35) or anyone else? Does say ESPN hire him to replace Franconia (he now 'new' skipper in Cleveland)or their Sunday Night games and starting next season also the wild card games? Or even Fox "groom him" to replace McCarver as their lead MLB analyst?

So bro(B35) or anyone else? Does say ESPN hire him to replace Franconia (he now 'new' skipper in Cleveland)or their Sunday Night games and starting next season also the wild card games? Or even Fox "groom him" to replace McCarver as their lead MLB analyst?

Good chance ESPN will nab him as part of their baseball "expert analysis" team.... He's too crass to replace a guy like Tim McCarver....

Good chance ESPN will nab him as part of their baseball "expert analysis" team.... He's too crass to replace a guy like Tim McCarver....

I suggested it since McCarver(I read somewhere he is now 71-72 years of age) is expected to retire from broadcasting in next couple of years.

And if figures Ozzie would join the clowns at Bristol University lol.

Archived