2012 MLB Thread

Shortline Bus

Would they need a double header if the game gets pushed back again and the Yankees manage to win game 4?

Man oh man that is a tough one, that could be possible.

As for the A-Rod news...the media loves twisting his words and make everything he says what it isn't. I'm referring to what he said about going to Detroit and facing Verlander which is a hostile environment.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 4's been rained out. According to TBS there's a very good chance of rain tomorrow too.

Yup. A major rainstorm hitting the Midwest. Game (3) of Cards/Giants included a long rain delay. St Louis won that game 3-1 that ended Tuesday night and are just (2) wins from returning and probably winning back-back world series.

- I'm still laughing at sending a-rod off to the marlins.... Marlins been trying to bring in as many latin players as they can get their hands on....

Whether true or false, I don't think it's all that outlandish to send the guy packing... then again, I'm not the one that gotta eat that contract if they do get rid of him......

- IINM, the last thing baseball can afford is a double-header in the playoffs.... That would pretty much guarantee the tigers moving onto the WS; whatever the % is of a team winning both games in a double-header..... Ratings for these playoffs haven't been great anyway....

- I'm still laughing at sending a-rod off to the marlins.... Marlins been trying to bring in as many latin players as they can get their hands on....

Whether true or false, I don't think it's all that outlandish to send the guy packing... then again, I'm not the one that gotta eat that contract if they do get rid of him......

- IINM, the last thing baseball can afford is a double-header in the playoffs.... That would pretty much guarantee the tigers moving onto the WS; whatever the % is of a team winning both games in a double-header..... Ratings for these playoffs haven't been great anyway....

Actually game (1) of Tigers/Yanks was the 2nd highest playoff in TBS/cable tv history (after of course game 7 of 2008 ALCS Rays/Red Sox) It beat in ratings all of the college football games on ABC/ESPN, NBC, Fox and CBS this past Saturday.

Probably alot of people tuned in after the Raul game tying HR. However for rest of this years playoffs on TBS, TNT MLB Network and now in later rounds Fox has not been great. This despite for 1st time ever (since '95)all of the Divisional playoff round games going to full 5 games.

Why people hate Alex Rodriguez so much? He's just a millionaire weirdo like Lebron James. People treat him like he's evil or something. Guy never murdered anyone from what we all know..

I know it sounds stupid that I'm asking this question but it's not like he's some sort of criminal that everyone has this hate on him.

Why people hate Alex Rodriguez so much? He's just a millionaire weirdo like Lebron James. People treat him like he's evil or something. Guy never murdered anyone from what we all know..

I know it sounds stupid that I'm asking this question but it's not like he's some sort of criminal that everyone has this hate on him.

I never had the hatred for A-rod a lot of ppl. have for him either, but it boils down to two things...

1- His arrogance (especially during his days w/ the texas rangers)

2- Envy (of his social standing/status)

A lot of it is simply bandwagon hating too, having nothing to do w/ those 2 things I mentioned....

In any case, the hating on A-rod just b/c he's A-rod has long gotten tired AFAIC......

I never had the hatred for A-rod a lot of ppl. have for him either, but it boils down to two things...

1- His arrogance (especially during his days w/ the texas rangers)

2- Envy (of his social standing/status)

A lot of it is simply bandwagon hating too, having nothing to do w/ those 2 things I mentioned....

In any case, the hating on A-rod just b/c he's A-rod has long gotten tired AFAIC......

Guys i dont think you see the AROD record breaking $200 Million Plus (average of $20 Million a season)10 year contract for a long long while. It's true some of the highest paid sports now get $20 Million a year i.e Soccer Ronaldo, the length of it these 7-10 year agreements will be almost non existence. That why the Angels are idiots IMO for signing Albert for that long. Especially now, MLB starting will have their form of a "moderate" salary cap aka expanded luxury tax starting in 2014 season.

For Yankees, they are lucky they are a Billion Dollar-plus Business and more than likely, can afford to 'Eat" as much as 75% of his contract in a trade. For the 99% of other MLB teams including even the Red Sox, it (AROD contract)would destroyed their team salary for up to 5 years or more.

Well, season's gonna end in a few minutes. Time to switch to full football mode. I hope the Yankees get rid of Swisher, Granderson and I hope the A-Rod to Miami rumors are true somehow...

Optimistic season wasted by ineffective hitting. Shame. I don't expect to see either Swisher or Granderson in pinstripes next year.

Congrats to the Detroit Tigers on winning the 2012 AL Pennant. Now it's time to get smacked around by either St.Louis or San Fran in the World Series.

Very true statement. :P Tigers are on mission as their long time owner Mike Illitch(also his family owns the NHL Red Wings)who is in his early/mid '80's agewise. Still with most MLB analysts across America they will be an "underdog" in world series to either SF or STL.

Illitch is a beloved owner/excutive in Mich. for not only winning several Stanley Cup with the Wings but declining offers to move the club in the '90's to Phoenix and Tampa as well.

- Didn't think CC would put a domineering performance for a 3rd straight game... also didn't think the yankees would hit for him in this game... I didn't even know the game was coming on at 4pm, to even bother watching it online.... so it was 8-1 tigers, smh...... This 2012 squad set a record for the lowest postseason BA - Now that's what I call teamwork !

- Anyway, last I checked, Cardinals leading 4-1 in their game right now.... This might be the first year I get every pick right.

- Didn't think CC would put a domineering performance for a 3rd straight game... also didn't think the yankees would hit for him in this game... I didn't even know the game was coming on at 4pm, to even bother watching it online.... so it was 8-1 tigers, smh...... This 2012 squad set a record for the lowest postseason BA - Now that's what I call teamwork !

- Anyway, last I checked, Cardinals leading 4-1 in their game right now.... This might be the first year I get every pick right.

And not to mention a chance to be lowest rated WS on TV in America of all time (Cards vs Tigers). :o

Incredible pitching by Max Scherzer. Only two hits for 5.2 innings, both in the sixth. Smyly, Dotel, and Coke completed the sweep. How ironic is that, after Valverde blew a four-run lead in the ninth, the bullpen didn't allow another run. The Yankees never lead in the entire series.

Phil Coke's slamming of his glove was hilarious. :lol: We don't see that a lot during celebrations, but I love that raw emotion. :D

A few pieces of info regarding this sweep.

1. It was the first time the Yanks got swept in a seven-game series since the 1976 World Series by the Reds.

2. It was the first time they got swept, period, since the 1980 ALCS when the Royals swept them three straight.

3. It was the first time since 1921-'22 when the Yanks were eliminated by the same team: the Giants in the last nine-game Fall Classic in 1921 and then a four-game sweep in 1922.

4. If I read that TBS stat right, it was only the fifth time in a seven-game series that the team in the elimination game (via a sweep) only had two hits. Both came in the sixth inning.

5. Delmon Young, the ALCS MVP, drove in as many runs as the Yanks scored.

And now the Cards are four outs away from taking a 3-1 series lead.

The Yankees have always struggled against inconsistent strikeout pitchers. A.J. Burnett, Brandon Morrow, & now Max Scherzer.

I want to say this somehow, goodbye Nick Swisher!!!

A-Rod and Granderson are not going anywhere, Granderson has a team friendly contract and who the hell is going to take on a contract that is an albatross. Besides, Alex Rodriguez would have to approve or veto any trade given his 10-5 rights. Meaning that A-Rod has 10 years in the majors and 5 years with the same team.

Yeah, I was more surprised CC gave up that many runs, but I wasn't surprised the hitting flat lined again. I was expecting a 2-1, 3-1 loss, but 8-1 really brought back 2004 all over again. Game just got out of control and no hope to recover. Now it's time to start cleaning house...

Yeah, I was more surprised CC gave up that many runs, but I wasn't surprised the hitting flat lined again. I was expecting a 2-1, 3-1 loss, but 8-1 really brought back 2004 all over again. Game just got out of control and no hope to recover. Now it's time to start cleaning house...

Main thing. You dont want as a Yankee fan a complete drop like the 2012 Red Sox who went from just missing the playoffs to a last place team and worst season since the mid 1960's.

Barry Zito? Damn, I forgot he was still pitching after how badly he did in his first year as a Giant.

Main thing. You dont want as a Yankee fan a complete drop like the 2012 Red Sox who went from just missing the playoffs to a last place team and worst season since the mid 1960's.

Does it really matter? This is a regular season only team. I'd rather take my chances with 'scrappy' players willing to do whatever it takes just to drive in a run than an overpaid hitter to strike out trying to hit a homer.

Guys. To show how histroic this infamous playoff sweep is. ESPN 2 showing sportscenter few minutes ago really put it on focus. As college football game is on the 'main mothership espn" Sportscenter spent almost 15 minutes on Tigers blowout win in alcs. I am sure B35 lol would say ESPN is rubbing it in and last major focus on MLB this season before they turn 98% of their coverage to NFL, start of new NBA season and college football.

And lead news story on AOL, NY Daily News, NY post and USA Today headline website naming a few.

Guys. To show how histroic this infamous playoff sweep is. ESPN 2 showing sportscenter few minutes ago really put it on focus. As college football game is on the 'main mothership espn" Sportscenter spent almost 15 minutes on Tigers blowout win in alcs. I am sure B35 lol would say ESPN is rubbing it in and last major focus on MLB this season before they turn 98% of their coverage to NFL, start of new NBA season and college football.

And lead news story on AOL, NY Daily News, NY post and USA Today headline website naming a few.

Yep, time to start talking football.

I didn't take it as ESPN "rubbing it in" at all.... I took it as ESPN "overrating the Detroit Tigers"...

Everything about the yanks that was pointed out, was well deserved.... Everyone from mgmt. on down to the players themselves should let that all sink in.... And don't believe these athletes that wanna make like they don't watch the ESPN's & the MLB Network's of the world, either....

The part that sucks for the tigers is that no one outside of detroit will give them their just dues as being 2012 ALCS champs.....

(meaning, not even mentioning the yankee offensive collapse as part of it all)

Now you're gonna start seeing ESPN d*ckriding the Cardinals......

Archived