2012 MLB Thread

Shortline Bus

Now Donald Trump has voiced his comments on the AROD slump/benching. And also his now former tenant Derek Jeter and it's connection to why the Yankees Capt. is out for season.

http://www.nydailyne...83?comment=true

And back to MLB TV Biz. Both the game (1) of Yanks-Tigers and Cards-Giants LCS matches was the highest rated LCS in several years. Only bad news for MLB is that NBC's Texans-Packers NFL game did beat the Giants-Cards LCS game in ratings.

http://tvbythenumber...the-day/152882/

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic but related. Looks the NY fans are jumping off the Yankee playoff bandwagon. The first (2) games of the Tigers ALCS series was not sell outs. And even though game (5) of the Orioles series was considered a "sell out" there was a few bleacher seats as well.

http://www.usatoday....game-2/1633317/

IDK why the Saturday night game didn't sell out, but I'm pretty sure the Yankees playing the same time as the Giants playing a etite football team could be a reason Game 2 of the ALCS didn't sell out.

Also Jeter was out hurt and most Yankees fans thought that was the nail in the coffin for their season. As based on these posts on here and other forums it seems like the Yankees are struggling offensively.

IDK why the Saturday night game didn't sell out, but I'm pretty sure the Yankees playing the same time as the Giants playing a etite football team could be a reason Game 2 of the ALCS didn't sell out.

Also Jeter was out hurt and most Yankees fans thought that was the nail in the coffin for their season. As based on these posts on here and other forums it seems like the Yankees are struggling offensively.

Also if you remember Saturday night (game 1 of alcs vs Tigers)temps were only in the upper 40's by game time. They could been a factor as well.

Could have been the Giants game. I watched the NY SF game over the baseball game. My cousin flew out to California to visit his girlfriend at Stanford (he works at Harvard) and went to Candlestick to watch the game as well instead of watching the Yanks game. Many Yankees fans are also Giants fans so I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to stay home over go watch the Gmen.

If MLB really wants to start getting its ratings up, those dips*ts should stop putting games at the same time as important Jets/Giants/Rangers/Knicks games. Next thing we know a Yankees game will the same time as the Knicks' Game 1 of the Finals, and while MLB has crap ratings and no attendance, everyone else is at home watching some other important game. MLB really doesn't know how to schedule properly do they?

Gardner

Suzuki

Ibanez

Texiera

Martin

NIx

Cano

Swisher

A-Rod

A change of scenery and a new lineup could help.. I hope. I hope that Giradi is smart enough to put everyone who is hitting on top and everyone who isn't on the bottom... too many times I've seen a cold hitter in a clutch situation.. group all the hot hitters together and maybe they'll start something before the deadweights come up.. maybe -_-

Well the Yanks lineup for game (3) of ALCS. In a surprise AROD is benched despite having "good career" numbers vs. Tigers Ace Mr. Vanlander.

.1. Brett Gardner, LF; 2. Ichiro Suzuki, CF; 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B; 4. Robinson Cano, 2B; 5. Raul Ibanez, DH, 6. Russell Martin, C, 7. Eric Chavez, 3B; 8. Curtis Granderson, CF, 9. Eduardo Nunez, SS

Could have been the Giants game. I watched the NY SF game over the baseball game. My cousin flew out to California to visit his girlfriend at Stanford (he works at Harvard) and went to Candlestick to watch the game as well instead of watching the Yanks game. Many Yankees fans are also Giants fans so I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to stay home over go watch the Gmen.

If MLB really wants to start getting its ratings up, those dips*ts should stop putting games at the same time as important Jets/Giants/Rangers/Knicks games. Next thing we know a Yankees game will the same time as the Knicks' Game 1 of the Finals, and while MLB has crap ratings and no attendance, everyone else is at home watching some other important game. MLB really doesn't know how to schedule properly do they?

MLB doesn't know how. And if you think MLB's ratings would worsen going up against a football game, imagine tonight when the Tigers/Yankees game 3 airs at the same time as the Presidential Debate, while tomorrow's game 4 goes up against the X-Factor.

MLB doesn't know how. And if you think MLB's ratings would worsen going up against a football game, imagine tonight when the Tigers/Yankees game 3 airs at the same time as the Presidential Debate, while tomorrow's game 4 goes up against the X-Factor.

The X Factor is a hit. However lets not make it out to be "Idol"(between 2003-'10)in the ratings.

If the Knicks made the finals, it would be in june against a regular season yankee game, NY sports fans would just have to take the L and filp channels between the two games lol.

Didn't watch any of it... went to mlb.com & saw that texieira got a base hit of some sort... started following it from there....

A lucky 9th inning HR by Nunez screwed up the chance of gettin shutout for a 2nd straight time.... smh.....

It's clear that Coke wanted no part of Ibanez (judging by pitch location), but he bailed him out anyway....

Fat chance though that Martin would've actually drove in any of the runs with the bases loaded (had Ibanez walked)....

Regardless of the above, After what Swisher said about Yankee fans (something about It'll be better to get away from the hostile home crowd for the next 3 games), I'm not gonna watch another yankee game on TV this year, win or lose.... I hope he's the first to be shown the door out of NY... Matter fact, I hope he's the last out in tomorrow's game if they lose.

Didn't watch any of it... went to mlb.com & saw that texieira got a base hit of some sort... started following it from there....

A lucky 9th inning HR by Nunez screwed up the chance of gettin shutout for a 2nd straight time.... smh.....

It's clear that Coke wanted no part of Ibanez (judging by pitch location), but he bailed him out anyway....

Fat chance though that Martin would've actually drove in any of the runs with the bases loaded (had Ibanez walked)....

Regardless of the above, After what Swisher said about Yankee fans (something about It'll be better to get away from the hostile home crowd for the next 3 games), I'm not gonna watch another yankee game on TV this year, win or lose.... I hope he's the first to be shown the door out of NY... Matter fact, I hope he's the last out in tomorrow's game if they lose.

So pathetic how the pitching has been the only constant for this team. This team needs less sluggers and more people who can hit bloop singles or draw walks/steal bases. I fully hope for a shake up regarding letting the free agents walk or see if they have any trade value and rebuild with prospects or players that aren't the one dimensional homer or bust mentality. If Hal's smart he'll let them go and try to go under the luxury tax.

So pathetic how the pitching has been the only constant for this team. This team needs less sluggers and more people who can hit bloop singles or draw walks/steal bases. I fully hope for a shake up regarding letting the free agents walk or see if they have any trade value and rebuild with prospects or players that aren't the one dimensional homer or bust mentality. If Hal's smart he'll let them go and try to go under the luxury tax.

Very true Concourse. Because if the Yanks dont do a "shake up' or a some form of rebuliding, they be joining the Red Sox as a former world series winners that be old and a last place team. Because coming in 2013, the Orioles and Rays will be playoff contenders just in the AL East. Plus the AL West winners A's and also teams such as the Royals(yes I said them)are up and coming teams as well.

The Yankees have historically been a team that always valued the Home Run, hence their nickname "Bronx Bombers". To me it looks like players like Granderson, Cano and Swisher have adjusted their swings accordingly to "fit in" with the Yankee mentality. The Yankees need a change in mentality more than anything because for all I know whoever replaces these guys will also swing like that.

Actually last night (Tuesday)AROD benching might actually been a semi suspension. According to this NY Post article, AFRAUD lol will busy flirting and exchange phone numbers with a model.

http://www.nypost.co...EtKsGdycIMse1PM

Of course, the Yankees lost last night because A-Rod was flirting around. Yeah, nice distraction.

I heard the Yankees are in talks with the Marlins... Yankees wanna trade A Rod to Miami...

Dude has a house down there and he grew up in the area... seems legit to me.

Listening to WFAN/YES-TV Mike Francesa show earlier this evening about it. GM Brain Cashman in off air reply to Francesa has denied these rumors calling this proposed trade "NOT TRUE."

Archived