2012 MLB Thread

Shortline Bus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching the giants outplay the hell out of the 49-ers (right now it's 23-3), and still I gotta see in-game updates of these losers getting shutout again..... You know what, good for them....

Dumb Question. Should Joe Giradi in out of blue idea put AROD at shortshop?

What good would that do though? The problem's not his defense.....

.....this ALCS will be over quick with Tigers winning in 4 or 5 games.

As it should.....

Batting order for today:

Cano 2nd

A-Rod 6th

Granderson 7th

Swisher 8th

Someone's been listening...

....but none of em's been hitting....

Cano, ARod, Swisher and Granderson have been nothing more than automatic outs. Swisher and Granderson should be gone after this season. If we eat half his salary some idiot might take A-Rod and as for Cano... what a damn shame. Ended the season hitting over .600, now has shattered the record for most ABs without a hit in a single postseason series.

It'll take a 2004 Red Sox style comeback to win this series..

I don't say this often unless a team is down 0-3 games down but IMO the Yankees season is over. I may give them a win in Detroit but the Tigers who had the 7th best record in AL (behind even the Rays and Angels who missed the playoffs)barring a 2004 ALCS collapse will be going to the 2012 World Series.

I'll comment about their offseason in the next 2-3 games when they'll be done....

What is it, the 2-3-2 format...... I'd be surprised if this series comes back to NY....

Don't think I ever saw a team's playoff run with consecutive good outings out of their SP's & this bad a performance at the plate in consecutive games offensively.... Doesn't make any sense..... I didn't see today's game, but regardless, Luck doesn't win championships - and it seems to me that they're relying on that shit.... lol....

I'll comment about their offseason in the next 2-3 games when they'll be done....

What is it, the 2-3-2 format...... I'd be surprised if this series comes back to NY....

Don't think I ever saw a team's playoff run with consecutive good outings out of their SP's & this bad a performance at the plate in consecutive games offensively.... Doesn't make any sense..... I didn't see today's game, but regardless, Luck doesn't win championships - and it seems to me that they're relying on that shit.... lol....

Bro yup. The LCS and World series format still remains 2-3-2.

Wow @ the yanks being down 0-2 going to detroit, the brooms might bought be out... when's the last time the Yankees got swept in the playoffs? I don't think it ever happened in this 96 - current day run.

With that being said this Cards - Giants game is fun as hell, its too bad its going up against Packers - Texans, so this NLCS probably won't do too good in the ratings.

Wow @ the yanks being down 0-2 going to detroit, the brooms might bought be out... when's the last time the Yankees got swept in the playoffs? I don't think it ever happened in this 96 - current day run.

With that being said this Cards - Giants game is fun as hell, its too bad its going up against Packers - Texans, so this NLCS probably won't do too good in the ratings.

Wow it 6-4 Cards. They(St Louis) jumped out to early 6-0 lead and thought the redbirds was out to easy win. Now i may put back on the tv at least with sound down while i listen to Packers/Houston game on WFAN.com. I agree trainfan that unless the Giants/.Cards go to (7)games it wont be that great in the ratings either. I am sure Fox was pulling for the Nats to make the NLCS as with the Strasburg 'shutdown' would got a few more casual viewers.

Methinks the Tigers clinch the series, possibly in a sweep...

BUT MAN, was that a botched call in the 8th, the guy was no where near the plate at 2nd... what are these guys, the NFL replacement officials?

Methinks the Tigers clinch the series, possibly in a sweep...

BUT MAN, was that a botched call in the 8th, the guy was no where near the plate at 2nd... what are these guys, the NFL replacement officials?

Never count out the Yankees. Despite the core lineup's horrific slump and Jeter's injury, they still have the ability to flourish anytime. Last night, they tied the game at 4-4 after being down, 4-0, in the ninth.

As for that call, I was at the game today, and that call was completely horrendous. The fans had every right to boo the umpire, especially since the inning would've ended and have the Yanks down 1-0 (with the bullpen loaded) instead of 3-0 after the inning.

Also, Game 1 of the NLCS went final. The Cards won, 6-4. Edward Mujica got the win, Madison Bumgarner the loss, and Jason Motte the save. Chris Carpenter and Ryan Vogelsong will start tomorrow.

I'm probably going to go with Detroit-Cards. Both teams just seem well rounded and are better suited for the long haul. This of course pisses me off because that'll mean the teams with the lowest records respectively will have made it over the more deserving teams with better records. What message does this send? Just be good enough to get in? BS. Desolve the the Central divisions!

9th inning heroics will only get you so far, and blown calls and 15,000 strikes that should have been called balls don't help.

But there definitely needs to be some kind of shakeup in the Yankees this offseason. Everyone saw this coming in May.

My keep/get rid of list:

Keep: Ibanez, Kuroda, Ichiro, Andy (if he doesn't retire)

Get rid of: Swisher, Martin, Granderson, Lowe, Cano (only if he tries to extort anything more than $20 mil per year. His playoff record right now is f*ckng abysmal, I refuse to give him a pass along with the others I listed).

I'm probably going to go with Detroit-Cards. Both teams just seem well rounded and are better suited for the long haul. This of course pisses me off because that'll mean the teams with the lowest records respectively will have made it over the more deserving teams with better records. What message does this send? Just be good enough to get in? BS. Desolve the the Central divisions!

lol.... That's how I felt about the MLB playoffs for years now.

(I mean you can say that for any sport, but I find it's even moreso in baseball.... it's starting to become more apparent in the NFL too as of late, with wildcards making it to the superbowl or w/e)

^^ Of course, this is where the parity mongers swoop through with their arguments.

Yup. The NFL has way too many teams in the playoffs and too many divisions. They should just lump everyone into either 2 divisions or one super division and just let the best 4 teams play. No off weeks for the top 2 seeds and no .500 teams allowed.

Otoh, the NFL has practically uneven schedules/match ups for each teams. As I said before, the NFL should have 1 team play all 15 teams in the same league and the 16th against a team from the other league or an interstate/regional rival. That would be the most fair way to decide which team gets the record for the playoff spots.

I know it doesn't make a big deal when the Giants played the Patriots in 2008 in the regular season and then the Super bowl the way it is with the MLB and the regular season vs playoffs. But still, why does the NFL allow the inter divisional games for the regular season? Keep the leagues separate or merge them.

lol.... That's how I felt about the MLB playoffs for years now.

(I mean you can say that for any sport, but I find it's even moreso in baseball.... it's starting to become more apparent in the NFL too as of late, with wildcards making it to the superbowl or w/e)

^^ Of course, this is where the parity mongers swoop through with their arguments.

You know what i would do guys (Concourse and B35)is make changes to seeding. So that in the division series, i would rank all teams by regular season wins/records. Thus a wild card like the Orioles would been a #3 seed instead of the Tigers since they had more wins. Plus the lowest seed only gets '1' home game in the division series.

With that said, shows how close all of the teams in the '4' major sports are. Dont forget the #8 seed LA Kings in hockey this past spring winning the Stanley Cup. Or last Feb. the NFL Giants with only '9' wins winning the super bowl.

And as i said in the NFL thread, the hottest team (not the so called team with "Best record")will win the super bowl again. Has to do with fact, maybe team with a #1 seed clinched their playoff spot early and slowed down. While the low seed/wild card team, got hot just to sneak into the playoffs and got "red hot' to win it all.

PS. Assuming the Cards and Tigers make it, they both would have the lowest win totals in world series history(or close to it)to make the fall classic.

I'd just drop the Central and lump the teams back to east vs west again. The only thing I'd do is keep the 2 WCs only this would apply either to the 2nd best team in each division or the non division leaders with the next best record. Then the 4 teams that makes it would be seeded accordingly by record and it'd be 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3. None of this 2 WC 1 playoff game do or die crap. Talk about a double slap in the face to Atlanta by St Louis.

For the NBA and NHL, I'd drop 2 seeds and let only the best 6 teams in each league play. Records should mean something. It's unfair to see a team with a soso record bounce a team with a fairly good record. I get that the best record means nothing, but still, it should not be this 'out of control'.

Off topic but related. Looks the NY fans are jumping off the Yankee playoff bandwagon. The first (2) games of the Tigers ALCS series was not sell outs. And even though game (5) of the Orioles series was considered a "sell out" there was a few bleacher seats as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/14/yankee-stadium-crowd-empty-seats-game-2/1633317/

Gardner

Suzuki

Ibanez

Texiera

Martin

NIx

Cano

Swisher

A-Rod

A change of scenery and a new lineup could help.. I hope. I hope that Giradi is smart enough to put everyone who is hitting on top and everyone who isn't on the bottom... too many times I've seen a cold hitter in a clutch situation.. group all the hot hitters together and maybe they'll start something before the deadweights come up.. maybe -_-

Archived