2012 MLB Thread

Shortline Bus

Well, the Yankees won 3 to 1 against Baltimore. I was hoping the Os would win though. Does that mean more Lo-Vs?

I believe it does.

Great win for the Yankees, 8th inning was the big scare, but Jeter with the fine throw to first to end the inning. To me that's the big defensive play of the game that could've gone either way. Congrats to CC for getting his first playoffs CG. It doesn't get any pressure intense than this.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 2 is on Sunday at 4:07 PM. What f*cking genius at MLB decided to schedule the Yankees game at the same time as Fox's America's Game of the Week, which is Giants @ 49ers. Wow. Smh. How pathetic. MLB and NFL need to learn how to stop putting important games at the same time. NFL should move the GMen 49ers to SNF or MLB should more Yanks Tigers to 7:30.. I can't stand when two critical games are put at the same time.

I was listening to the game on the bus.... about time this guy granderson does something right offensively for a change....

What more can you say about CC... this time girardi gives him the CG (I wouldn't have put robertson or soriano in tonight's game either).....

How about the cardinals tryna show heart... once down 6-0 after 3, now only down 6-5 going to the bottom of the 8th...

Edit: after a kurt suzuki RBI to make it 7-5, Storen (nats closer) gives up a double to lead off the inning & two straight walks with 2 outs in the 9th.... descalso with a game tying base hit past the SS.... 7-7 right now

Edit2: after a stolen base by descalso, kozma laces a ball to RF, cardinals score 2 more.... 9-7 cardinals

now it's the nationals down to their final out....

Damn... Why can't the Cards just go away? Argh! Oh well, in a way if this is the baseball gods' way of punishing the Nats for shutting down Strassberg, then looks like justice might be served.

Cardinals were down to their final strike too before storen gave up those 2 walks....

So it's set... yanks/tigers & cards/giants.... as predicted.

Heh, I wonder if you made any bets? So far you're spot on.

And with that, looks like a long winter for the Baltimore-DC area.

Hey the Ravens should make the NFL playoffs. However the Skins and Wizards don't look like playoff teams in their leagues. And the NHL Captials may not even play this season with the NHL lockout. :D

The last major sports championship was the Ravens winning the Super Bowl (over the Giants)in 2000-'01 season. While the Redskins last won a NFL Title since winning the super bowl following the '91 season.

I am sure the next few days (probably longer)the Strasburg situation will be talked about.

Now my LCS picks.

NLCS

Cardinals in 6 games. The Redbirds are becoming baseball's NJ Devils. Lower playoff seeds that go deep in the playoffs and win a championship every few years.

ALCS

Yankees over Tigers in 7 games. Close series. If Vandelander was pitching 3x I would have picked the Tigers. However if Yanks offense goes to sleep again this series, Motown could win this in 5 games.

I think that it being a best of 7 series benefits the Yankees more than best of 5. I think if the Yankees had 2 more games in the past 2 matches against the Tigers, they might've won ...eventually. So it could be the same deal like in 2009 with the Angels: the ALCS, Yankees finally beat the Angels in 6 games.

I may have been against a best of 7 for all rounds, but now I think this is set up is pretty fair.

Game 2 is on Sunday at 4:07 PM. What f*cking genius at MLB decided to schedule the Yankees game at the same time as Fox's America's Game of the Week, which is Giants @ 49ers. Wow. Smh. How pathetic. MLB and NFL need to learn how to stop putting important games at the same time. NFL should move the GMen 49ers to SNF or MLB should more Yanks Tigers to 7:30.. I can't stand when two critical games are put at the same time.

All of the sports leagues stopped caring about us, the fans a long time my friend. It's only now about getting the most money. This 49ers/Giants game should be a Sunday or Monday Night Football "Prime Time" game. If this game involved the cowboys it would been done. However good teams like the 49ers and Giants are often given the low end of the pole in terms of tv coverage. That for another discussion.

Back to MLB TV biz. At same time it's a shame that all of the Divisional playoffs and half of the LCS round games are only on digital cable. Like the NFL, for instance in NYC area, Ch.9 should be showing the local feed to the TBS games of all Yankee playoff games thru the world series for tens of thousands of homes who cant afford cable.

Regarding the schedule, since this involves 2 east coast teams with Motown and the Bronx Bombers why not even schedule the game (2) at 1:35pm? Yes it's against the Jets game but it's not a huge game with playoff seeding like the Giants/49ers.

I knew this would bite Washington in the ass. Shutting down Strasburg

The loss had nothing to do with shutting down Strasburg. Gio Gonzalez, the Nat's other best pitcher, did well in his outing. It was the bullpen that blew it up for the Nats, specifically Storen.

People keep assuming Strasburg is gonna dominate very outing.

I think that it being a best of 7 series benefits the Yankees more than best of 5. I think if the Yankees had 2 more games in the past 2 matches against the Tigers, they might've won ...eventually. So it could be the same deal like in 2009 with the Angels: the ALCS, Yankees finally beat the Angels in 6 games.

I may have been against a best of 7 for all rounds, but now I think this is set up is pretty fair.

Sucks that the yanks gotta go right back out & play the tigers today after winning the DS in a clinching game 5 yesterday....

They should guarantee/schedule at least a day off in-between rounds (from the DS to the CS & from the CS to the WS)....

Sucks that the yanks gotta go right back out & play the tigers today after winning the DS in a clinching game 5 yesterday....

They should guarantee/schedule at least a day off in-between rounds (from the DS to the CS & from the CS to the WS)....

The Giants/Cards got a day off... They play Sunday * Nods head in disbelief *

The loss had nothing to do with shutting down Strasburg. Gio Gonzalez, the Nat's other best pitcher, did well in his outing. It was the bullpen that blew it up for the Nats, specifically Storen.

People keep assuming Strasburg is gonna dominate very outing.

I'm not expecting him to dominate, but Strasburg would've given them a chance

The Giants/Cards got a day off... They play Sunday * Nods head in disbelief *

smh.... because they're gonna have the ALCS aired on TBS & the NLCS on channel 5....

(usually, it's the other way around)

Damn it! 2 times they had the bases loaded and 2 times it's the effing infield that makes the plays to end the inning. Of course it happened to be ARod and Cano in each times at bat. the only good thing is that this is just the 1st 2 innings, so hopefully, the Tiger's starter's luck will run out soon...

Ibanez was out @ 2nd (base) in the 1st inning.... Cano was safe @ 1st (base) in the 2nd inning...

We got screwed in that 2nd inning

Second and third and no one out and A-Rod and Granderson strike out. Of course no one scores.

Wanna cut payroll? Cut Granderson, keep Ichiro.

@b35 TBS and Fox swap leagues every year I believe.

True. Get use to it as both Fox and TBS just signed a contract *extension* to be the post season home for MLB playoffs until end of 2021 world series. Only change in divisional playoffs starting in 2014 is that Fox Sports Net will return and games will be split between TBS, Fox Sports Net and MLB Network,

FYI. Tigers lead in 7th inning 2-0.

For MLB Network games, they should really put it on a local channel.. for ex a Yanks game on MLB Network should also be put on the YES Network for NY viewers to see...

Or even better a local 'free tv' home such as channel 9/WOR for all post season cable games that air on TBS, Fox Sports Net or MLBN.

FYI. Prince just hit a solo bomb and barring a big comeback seals Game #1 for Motown.

Second and third and no one out and A-Rod and Granderson strike out. Of course no one scores.

@b35 TBS and Fox swap leagues every year I believe.

I'm starting to have my doubts about Cano as well. If he asks for ARod money, then I'm sorry, let someone else over pay for him. Smh at the game right now. All those chances and they can't score 1 effing run. Last I checked, they are down 4*-0. Hitting has been their weak point, what a waste of another decent game for the starter.

The yankees aren't gonna escape a 7 game series playing like this - It's one of the main reasons I'm predicting the tigers in 5...

True to form, Fister had trouble getting out of the first - and what happens? They bail his ass out.....

Win or lose tonight, I wasn't planning on watching too much of this series anyway, but when you see derek freakin lowe come into the 7th/8th inning, to me that's waving the white damn flag.....

Like I keep saying, you keep this yankee team close (which is basically playoff baseball; close games) & you can beat them....

They're not gonna get all these multi-HR games in the playoffs like they did during the regular season.... Pitching is what got them past the Orioles b/c the Orioles at the plate are very similar to this team.... Tigers offensively & the Orioles offensively are very different - these guys aren't tryna jack every pitch out the freakin ballpark.....

This.

I'm starting to have my doubts about Cano as well. If he asks for ARod money, then I'm sorry, let someone else over pay for him.

Cano I'm not worried about, long term.....

They say hitting is contagious - That goes for good & bad hitting.

And this game shows that the Tigers are no pushovers either despite their record. I wasn't expecting an easy series either. But so far this game is more the Yankees beating themselves or getting tough breaks.

I don't even consider reg. season records when i make playoff predictions.... The tigers are a team that'll either keep striking out, or will keeping hitting you all night... The latter is one of those types of games I think will happen in this series, and it's a game I don't wanna end up seeing.....

Hell, this playoff run so far has been the yankees beating themselves... Good thing we have Sabathia.

I mean, look at these guys tryna keep from gettin shutout tonight.....

Edit: So they finally scored... big whoop.

(although I'm glad it's off that f****r Valverde... if it were anyone else pitching right now, I wouldn't care.)

Archived