Hiring Freeze

DOB2RTO

Some people will be getting letters in the mail next week.

letting them know when a where to report. & what to bring.

;)

Took the Boss earlier today(#706)met sealteam,just about every seat in the class filled up,there were a few late comers. Half of the room was gone by 11:30am,we started it around 11:00am. They will ask you for id(drivers license).

I think Jamar goes at the end of this week,so I think they will go up to #1,100 for this time around.

#5025 people seem quiet lately.....the calm before the storm.:cool:

lovelyday:You have your cdl permit right?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Took the Boss earlier today(#706)met sealteam,just about every seat in the class filled up,there were a few late comers. Half of the room was gone by 11:30am,we started it around 11:00am. They will ask you for id(drivers license).

I think Jamar goes at the end of this week,so I think they will go up to #1,100 for this time around.

I have my "CDL" with no restrictions.

I go on thursday 21st @ 10:30 am! What do they ask for? Just your license? Was the test easy common since, same questions worded different?

I go on thursday 21st @ 10:30 am! What do they ask for? Just your license? Was the test easy common since, same questions worded different?

75 questions,the first 26 questions had like 5 different answers(strongly disagree,disagree,neutral,agree,strongly agree). Then the other 49 questions gave you 4 different answers(a,b,c,d)

The only ID you need is your drivers license. The lady in our room had a thick jamaican accident,hard to understand her. Ya mon!,it was the same questions worded differently. They give you 1 hr 15 minutes but you will be done within 45 minutes tops.

75 questions,the first 26 questions had like 5 different answers(strongly disagree,disagree,neutral,agree,strongly agree). Then the other 49 questions gave you 4 different answers(a,b,c,d)

The only ID you need is your drivers license. The lady in our room had a thick jamaican accident,hard to understand her. Ya mon!,it was the same questions worded differently. They give you 1 hr 15 minutes but you will be done within 45 minutes tops.

This was my 3rd time taking the boss once for 2801, 8001 and 8006. The only thing that gets me with this test is that its so easy I hoped i wasnt over confident and answered wrong.

This was my 3rd time taking the boss once for 2801, 8001 and 8006. The only thing that gets me with this test is that its so easy I hoped i wasnt over confident and answered wrong.

My question with this Boss test is will it do anything for your ranking as far as when you get called. Can you actually move up or down as a result of the answers?

My question with this Boss test is will it do anything for your ranking as far as when you get called. Can you actually move up or down as a result of the answers?

Good question Fred,but the answer is no. Your list number stays the same for the duration of the list. You have a great list number,you have a great chance of being in the 1st class of the #8006 list as long as it is a big class(100+)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Good question Fred,but the answer is no. Your list number stays the same for the duration of the list. You have a great list number,you have a great chance of being in the 1st class of the #8006 list as long as it is a big class(100+)

Thanks loco,

As far as we know they're still calling the 5025 list, correct?

I figure with #474 I'd still have a good wait on the 8006- with the 5025 list still going..

Enjoy the weather everybody.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Thanks loco,

As far as we know they're still calling the 5025 list, correct?

I figure with #474 I'd still have a good wait on the 8006- with the 5025 list still going..

Enjoy the weather everybody.

Yes sir,they are still working from the 5025 list. Last number hired from that list is #2,795..list has #4,881 eligibles. However as we have been reading lately there are people with lower list numbers that were restored,so include those in the mix.

I would say 2-2 1/2 year wait tops for us.

Yes sir,they are still working from the 5025 list. Last number hired from that list is #2,795..list has #4,881 eligibles. However as we have been reading lately there are people with lower list numbers that were restored,so include those in the mix.

I would say 2-2 1/2 year wait tops for us.

Yeah, I strongly agree Loco LOL! The lady said that our list is not established yet and we should wait and call the automated number! And the Lady with the dreads(Ms. Thomas) is not Jamaican either, I think that she's Trini or something else!

does anyone know how long this hiring freeze might last? even just an estimate timeframe? has the MTA even been issued the bailout money from the state? i'm dying to know what is going on LOL

They are hiring C/R's and T/O's right now and have been all along. With the busses it's a political thing right now in my opinion. The TA want a regional bus network which makes tons of sense in every way except for the seniority of the drivers. Because of the seniority issue the union is fighting it. This is one of the main reasons the contract went to arbitration.

They are hiring C/R's and T/O's right now and have been all along. With the busses it's a political thing right now in my opinion. The TA want a regional bus network which makes tons of sense in every way except for the seniority of the drivers. Because of the seniority issue the union is fighting it. This is one of the main reasons the contract went to arbitration.

what is a C/R? i know a T/O is a train operator, but i do not know what a C/R is. i was also wondering about when the hiring freeze will be lifted for Metro North Railroad?

Now, I believe the hiring freeze has been lifted. I saw an article in the newspaper stating so.

Feel better now? lol....Your rant down below from a few weeks ago.:)

04-14-2009, 06:53 PM MLB_Mets_Citi_Field.png Bee Flexible #823 user_online.gif

"With MTA Armageddon looming, I think we can say the same for these hirings as there will be nothing but massive layoffs from Bus Operators to Customer Service Reps. I'm done! I'm burned out! I no longer want to pursue this as a career. It's just not worth it for me.

IMO, I think all of the DCAS/MTA/NYCT Exams should be cancelled until they can get their act straight...IF they can ever get their act straight-which is like pigs flying. Why even set up a list? Why have the exam? STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME AND MONEY! I FOR ONE DON'T HAVE IT TO GIVE!

If you are hiring, then post the exam up. If not, then DON'T. How dense and dumb can one be? :mad:"

so i guess this is a good thing that the freeze has been lifted. i guess it is only a matter of time for people who had passed their interviews to be called. what newspaper did you guys read that mentioned the freeze being lifted? i would like to search for it on the internet

the freeze has been in effect for a while, i think. i am really curious to when it will finally be lifted. :confused:

The ENTIRE time that you guys have been crying on here about a hiring freeze the TA has been hiring. They just didn't seem to be hiring B/O's at that time. Now there are multiple B/O classes going on with more to come along with T/O and C/R classes so I think it is safe to say that there is NO hiring freeze for the TA.

The ENTIRE time that you guys have been crying on here about a hiring freeze the TA has been hiring. They just didn't seem to be hiring B/O's at that time. Now there are multiple B/O classes going on with more to come along with T/O and C/R classes so I think it is safe to say that there is NO hiring freeze for the TA.

Yeah, right, ok. So when I have called the employment office twice over the past two months to inquire about my status, they have told me they have an across the board hiring freeze and I have to wait. So I guess what they say does not count. Sure, right.

Yeah, right, ok. So when I have called the employment office twice over the past two months to inquire about my status, they have told me they have an across the board hiring freeze and I have to wait. So I guess what they say does not count. Sure, right.

There has been hiring all along, period end of story.

There has been hiring all along, period end of story.

With Metro North from what I've heard, theyre only hiring T/Os, and C/Rs.

Nothing else. Otherwise I guess the Metro North employment office is lying to people then when they say there is a freeze. I even know someone that works at 347 Madison Ave, and they said theres a freeze too. Oh well, its all just a big mess.

With Metro North from what I've heard, theyre only hiring T/Os, and C/Rs.

Nothing else. .

So they ARE hiring so there is obviously not a freeze.

I am talking about the TA though, they have been hiring and are hiring right now.

So they ARE hiring so there is obviously not a freeze.

I am talking about the TA though, they have been hiring and are hiring right now.

If you called HR they will say list 5025 is frozen at this time. Not all lists were frozen.

Archived