Hiring Freeze

DOB2RTO

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ummm...with the bailout, is the hiring freeze now over? i know the layoffs have been canceled but the news didnt mention anything about the hiring freeze

I was wondering the same thing myself,what are we almost 1 yr into this hiring freeze? What needs to happen is for the economy to improve first so more mta workers retire,then the hiring pace will pick up.

Beeflexible has a right to be angry,they have all these B/O's lists so close together,#2801(07)#2901(08) #5025(06)#8006(08). The people who decided to have these exams without being spread out more should be slapped around. :mad:

The hiring freeze was only put into place about two weeks ago.

Yes you're correct. Before a few weeks ago the TA was hiring all along. If they weren't hiring B/O's during that time it is because they didn't need them.

Yes you're correct. Before a few weeks ago the TA was hiring all along. If they weren't hiring B/O's during that time it is because they didn't need them.

So this must be related to a different hiring freeze?:confused:

07-11-2008, 11:30 PM

75px-MTA_NYCSubway-bull-tra.png DOB2RTO user_offline.gif

Train Operator

Transit System(s): WCDOT (Bee-Line) and MTA

Subway Car(s): R160B (Siemens), R143, R142A

Bus Model(s): Van-Hool T2145, Eagle M15 45ft

Commuter Rail(s): LIRR, NJT, and MNRR

Commuter Rail Car(s): LIRR/MNRR M7(a), NJT Arrow III

Locomotive(s): ALP-46, ALP-44, PL42AC, P32AC-

Statistics Join Date: Jul 2007

Gallery: 36

Referrals: 2

reputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gif

im_yahoo.gif

icon9.gifHiring Freeze

Those calls to Employment can take a rest for now. There is a hiring freeze for now. They will cut other non-safety expenses also.......

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ne...,2244388.story

There may have been a hiring freeze but it DIDN"T include essential employees until just recently when it was made official. B/O's are essential employees.

That's why they were hiring T/O's and C/R's during this time.

Their has been a hiring freeze since May or June of 2008. I missed a call in April 08 for B/O 5025. I got taken off the list. I had to go to DCAS and put myself back on in Sept. 08 I have went to and called 180 Livingston religiously since and I always get "We're on a freeze" or "We won't be calling for a long time" one time although I was told "Try to give us a call in May" I went to 180 Livingston on Tuesday and saw people there for the Boss which I have taken for TA and now wonder what's going on? I've also taken and passed the Drug Test for MTAB. I've also taken the Boss for OA now I'm just waiting.

Their has been a hiring freeze since May or June of 2008. I missed a call in April 08 for B/O 5025. I got taken off the list. I had to go to DCAS and put myself back on in Sept. 08 I have went to and called 180 Livingston religiously since and I always get "We're on a freeze" or "We won't be calling for a long time" one time although I was told "Try to give us a call in May" I went to 180 Livingston on Tuesday and saw people there for the Boss which I have taken for TA and now wonder what's going on? I've also taken and passed the Drug Test for MTAB. I've also taken the Boss for OA now I'm just waiting.

Rob is correct. For the record they are up to #2795 for the 5025 list.

" 06-11-2008, 08:32 PM

Nogimmicks user_offline.gif

"For anyone waiting to be hired off list 5025, This past monday they had a new class of 108 people. They said that was the last big class for a while. Now it will be 50-70 per class."

thats good news to hear they are having a big class of 100 or more then back to 75 which is the normal size i remember the instructor telling us that it took 300 to 400 people to get a class of 75 people due to not having permits,accidents,failing the drug test ,eye test, hearing test,blood pressure etc.i wish everyone good luck because its not a cake walk landing a job with the nycta .with those statistics :eek:

thats good news to hear they are having a big class of 100 or more then back to 75 which is the normal size i remember the instructor telling us that it took 300 to 400 people to get a class of 75 people due to not having permits,accidents,failing the drug test ,eye test, hearing test,blood pressure etc.i wish everyone good luck because its not a cake walk landing a job with the nycta .with those statistics :eek:

With those numbers I can see the list moving rapidly,figure about 4-5 B/O classes to go before the #5025 list is finished.

well right now i`m try to get more crazy hours at my job so i get more money for my cdL lessons well that`s how fast i`m trying to get my cdl lincese and i took the school bus endoursment and failed u needed 4 wrong to pass but i got 6 wrong i`ll take it again

well right now i`m try to get more crazy hours at my job so i get more money for my cdL lessons well that`s how fast i`m trying to get my cdl lincese and i took the school bus endoursment and failed u needed 4 wrong to pass but i got 6 wrong i`ll take it again

I failed the school endorsement also,passed the 2nd time. I didn't really study for it and took it for granted. Sucks that you have to go back on a different day to take it again. Good luck Igor!

I know we don't need the (S)endorsement for the MTA,but our driving schools told us that we needed it to take our dmv road test on a school bus. It doesn't hurt to have that endorsement on your CDL.

They Lied! You don't need a school bus endorsement to take a road test on a school bus! All you need is P endorsement! You have to have the S endorsement for school bus driving work only! A few years back, there wasn't a such thing as S endorsement but them school bus drivers had too many accidents killing and injuring kids so the skills and endorsement was made!

They Lied! You don't need a school bus endorsement to take a road test on a school bus! All you need is P endorsement! You have to have the S endorsement for school bus driving work only! A few years back, there wasn't a such thing as S endorsement but them school bus drivers had too many accidents killing and injuring kids so the skills and endorsement was made!

Ah,thanks for clearing that up Jamar. One of the many lies that my driving school told me.;)

Archived