Hiring Freeze

DOB2RTO

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Why don't I believe that these hirings are credible? I still say that all hirings continue to be frozen and have been this way for almost a year now. They want everyone who is working to do much more with less. I never thought the world economy would ever get this bad. :mad:

All things must come to an end eventually. This hiring freeze isn't going to last forever. I know waiting is a *****,hang in there.

I heard it over the radio this morning,the trainer was at shore rd/4th ave in Brooklyn. He had 9 students on the bus. He said they have 2 more weeks of training,mentioned something about going down for health benefits yesterday.

From what list these students are from I don't know. I will update later on if I hear anything new.

• 2 weeks later...

With MTA Armageddon looming, I think we can say the same for these hirings as there will be nothing but massive layoffs from Bus Operators to Customer Service Reps. I'm done! I'm burned out! I no longer want to pursue this as a career. It's just not worth it for me.

IMO, I think all of the DCAS/MTA/NYCT Exams should be cancelled until they can get their act straight...IF they can ever get their act straight-which is like pigs flying. Why even set up a list? Why have the exam? STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME AND MONEY! I FOR ONE DON'T HAVE IT TO GIVE!

If you are hiring, then post the exam up. If not, then DON'T. How dense and dumb can one be? :mad:

I heard it over the radio this morning,the trainer was at shore rd/4th ave in Brooklyn. He had 9 students on the bus. He said they have 2 more weeks of training,mentioned something about going down for health benefits yesterday.

From what list these students are from I don't know. I will update later on if I hear anything new.

Heard anything about anymore training?

Heard anything about anymore training?

No,I have yet to realize the full potential of my scanner. There is a lot more that I can listen to but I don't know how to program my scanner. I got Chris F into getting a scanner,hoping he can figure it out before me,haha.

Once the 5025 list starts moving again it should move fast because the longer people wait the more they will lose interest and you will have a higher rate of no shows.

i`m still in it i want it don`t care what people say against mta i like to drive i want it my list number 3,514 on 8006 exam 1,894 mabstoa 2901 list test but i`m still talking about me being a bus driver and i do have dreams about it when i go to sleep the dream is i`m a bus driver out of staten island i work at yukon bus depot

with the construction of the 2nd Ave. subway, could anybody venture a guess as to how many T/O jobs will be created? by then the recession SHOULD be over along with all hiring freezes

My guess is not many jobs at all. The TA will just add more work to existing jobs. Today we do way more work than a T/O did 20 years ago and back then there where many jobs.

so who would share the duties of operating on 2nd Ave? those from the Lex line?

Have to wait and see what they decide to do. I doubt the second avenue line will be a new line. It will most likely be an add on of another line.

Archived