The official bus FAIL thread

B3 Via Av U

There is only one route I can't write a book on that I have had a fail with, the only NON FAIL ROUTE has been, yes, the B82, for me, and I take it very often, LCL/LTD from Ulmer Park to Flatbush Ave and it is always on time, I have more stories but for now, I'll leave it at what I have posted, the other routes I've had MAJOR FAILS with are the B36 20+ times, the B68 (worst bunching route), B1, UGH THE B3, well u get it.

Thanks for reminding me about shorties on Artic lines, or else I never would have mentioned this...

I noticed a hybrid on the Bx9 on Saturday. I could understand this happening on a weekday even though it should not be happening period, but on a Saturday? Come the f--- on.

Another one I remember, again July 21 or 22 of 2011, waiting for the B4, around 6 PM at Shell Road, waiting close to an hour, giving up, startin ti walk, only to see one pass me by, # 985, so u run for it at Ave Z/ Shell road, Miss it, walk back to the other stop, miss an 800, then stay there and finally board 7597, and I'm the only one on the bus, so the guy decides to read a newspaper under the Sheepagead Bay station stop on the B4. Nothing beats waiting 2.5 HOURS BACK IN 2004 for the B4 at East 16th/Sheepshead Bay Road only to see around atleast 14 B49's, the B4 was the WORST UNDER UP. Are those FAILS OR NOT?

Ulmer Park deserves the official "fail" title out of all of the depots for the WORST service... Think about the routes that they have and they're all pretty unreliable... The B6s run bunched CONSTANTLY, no matter what time of day it is. The B4 was horrendous... B36 comes whenever it wants and so on and so forth. The only thing half decent is maybe express bus service, but I've seen 6 X37s come in a span of 10 - 15 minutes down 5th Avenue, so that isn't so great either.

Thank God Bus Time is coming to Brooklyn because South Brooklyn gets some of the crappiest service these days.

Ha, no kidding, there is not one good bus, ok MAYBE the B100, but I have had waits of 40 minutes in Rush Hour while waiting for a Kings Hiway bus at Flarbush Ave, the B49 which used to be reliable has gone to shit, like u said, the B36 runs on its own terms, the B3 bunches as it damn leaves Ulmer Park, yesterday I saw 5 B6's in a row, THE B4, the B74 is alright I guess. And the B44, I've had issues, nothing major though. WHEN WILL BROOKLYN GET BUSTIME, End of 2012????

Ha, no kidding, there is not one good bus, ok MAYBE the B100, but I have had waits of 40 minutes in Rush Hour while waiting for a Kings Hiway bus at Flarbush Ave, the B49 which used to be reliable has gone to shit, like u said, the B36 runs on its own terms, the B3 bunches as it damn leaves Ulmer Park, yesterday I saw 5 B6's in a row, THE B4, the B74 is alright I guess. And the B44, I've had issues, nothing major though. WHEN WILL BROOKLYN GET BUSTIME, End of 2012????

I believe so... It's really a shame that buses have to be tracked just for depots to get their act together... That's why I laughed when I saw that article with the B/Os from Ulmer Park supposedly "protesting" the cuts to the B64 and I'm thinking well don't they realize that they're part of the problem?? I don't totally blame them because of course you have good and bad, but it's a mix of poor management which trickles down to the B/Os there.

Not good to make statements like "they are part of the problem" since it makes even the innocent and hard-working employees look bad. It kinda sounds like you were generalizing there, just sayin'.

Their main reason for protesting service cuts is that service cuts make it harder for them to pick what they want and in severe situations can lead to layoffs. In some cases they do it because they have formed relationships with their passengers over time and thus look out for them when things that will affect them, such as service cuts, are impending.

I would have had no objection if you had brought up the fact that CERTAIN bus operators are part of the problem (because they are dirty workers that play road games up the ass).

Ulmer Park deserves the official "fail" title out of all of the depots for the WORST service... Think about the routes that they have and they're all pretty unreliable... The B6s run bunched CONSTANTLY, no matter what time of day it is. The B4 was horrendous... B36 comes whenever it wants and so on and so forth. The only thing half decent is maybe express bus service, but I've seen 6 X37s come in a span of 10 - 15 minutes down 5th Avenue, so that isn't so great either.

Thank God Bus Time is coming to Brooklyn because South Brooklyn gets some of the crappiest service these days.

If you REALLY want give Ulmer Park the fail title.. You can, but the BIGGEST is GRAND AVENUE

B47, B62 and (pre-B61 before sending to Jackie gleason) BUNCHING is at a ALL TIME HIGH especially during evening rush-hours and weekends. I can understand certain delays, but when you have buses bunching 3 to 4 at a time in each direction, that means the buses are not kept on schedule, thus inconveniencing passengers..

Yes, I can understand that buses can be late, we are human, BUT however, schedule coherence would be the best thing. (That's through experience and good observation)

How we gonna have the best system in the world, but you have buses bunching. and that's a total #FAIL.

Bustime needs to be citywide. Hope it gets here sooner or later.

If you REALLY want give Ulmer Park the fail title.. You can, but the BIGGEST is GRAND AVENUE

B47, B62 and (pre-B61 before sending to Jackie gleason) BUNCHING is at a ALL TIME HIGH especially during evening rush-hours and weekends. I can understand certain delays, but when you have buses bunching 3 to 4 at a time in each direction, that means the buses are not kept on schedule, thus inconveniencing passengers..

Yes, I can understand that buses can be late, we are human, BUT however, schedule coherence would be the best thing. (That's through experience and good observation)

How we gonna have the best system in the world, but you have buses bunching. and that's a total #FAIL.

Bustime needs to be citywide. Hope it gets here sooner or later.

Maybe I just get really lucky, but I take the B62 about every two-three days (including on weekends) and it's been exactly on schedule for the past couple weeks. Is that uncommon though? I usually catch it in South Williamsburg or in LIC on the way to Downtown.

Maybe I just get really lucky, but I take the B62 about every two-three days (including on weekends) and it's been exactly on schedule for the past couple weeks. Is that uncommon though? I usually catch it in South Williamsburg or in LIC on the way to Downtown.

It is very uncommon for the B62 to be on time. You have some luck!

______

And the fail award goes to: LGA Depot! For the worst maintenance on diesel buses in the whole country!

Not good to make statements like "they are part of the problem" since it makes even the innocent and hard-working employees look bad. It kinda sounds like you were generalizing there, just sayin'.

Their main reason for protesting service cuts is that service cuts make it harder for them to pick what they want and in severe situations can lead to layoffs. In some cases they do it because they have formed relationships with their passengers over time and thus look out for them when things that will affect them, such as service cuts, are impending.

I would have had no objection if you had brought up the fact that CERTAIN bus operators are part of the problem (because they are dirty workers that play road games up the ass).

You clearly didn't read the full post... Perhaps you should re-read it before commenting.

I dunno if this falls on the #FAIL category, but spotted 5200 Run 07 on the M23 this AM. but RTS are needed back on the M23 if you ask me. I thought my eyes were deceiving me, but this is actually true.

I missed this, that's an odd one. Probably due to the artic problems at Quill, usually 40-footers only run on artic routes during the wee hours but when there's a shortage they run them all day. I remember seeing 3812 on the M23 a while ago (during the last shortage), would love to see an RTS on the M23. Opposite of a fail for me.

From Bus Tim

MTA Bus Time

TIP: Enter an intersection, bus route or bus stop code.

Routes:

• Q31 via Bell Blvd / Utopia Pkwy
    Bayside - Jamaica LTD

e

Guest MTA Bus

I was at Jamaica LIRR a few weeks ago. There was a Orion V CNG on layover. The sign was stuck on the Q65 sign while the bus was off. Destation sign Fail.

Another on the bus #FAIL list.. RTS 5017 from quill on the M23 this AM. Since when RTS buses are working the M23?. I guess the realization is setting upon the good folks at quill that the M23 is one of the slowest bus lines. If you bring in 2-3 RTS buses especially AM rush, the trips become just a bit faster. Quicker boarding and unloading = Faster trip.

lmfaoo werdd!!!! b36 comes whenever it wants too...and b6 really gets bunched!

I have a fail. I'm a frequent user of the Q58. When I try to connect to the Q23, and I miss the connection. I was upset that I missed the connection. I then became angry when the 58 local flew right past the limited and caught up to the 23 . Then, whenever I decided to take the local, the limited goes faster than ever. And this time, I remember the Q58 Limited having a rookie, and we were running early, and I was happy that I would finally make the connection to the Q23. But what happens, the Q23 came early also, so basically I missed the connection. Next time I'm walkIng to the 88 for the Q23.

Bus Connection Fail.

well I guess you dont remember my previous post created an indirect fix. not going into details.

The Q102 running the oddest frequencies in the world...

AM Rush (Weekday) 17

All other times: 30

Well it duplicates the (N) mostly what do you expect. It barely gets ridership on that segment but ask a queens native they would know more than me.

The B41 was a fail today, twice!

First, at Empire Boulevard, I need a local to get to Plaza Street, 3 LTD's pass to one local!

Then, at Plaza Street to get to Atlantic Terminal, 4 LTD's pass, then 3 locals come and another LTD.

Buses have no schedule, come in whatever way they want... smh...

Archived