The official bus FAIL thread

B3 Via Av U

Bx9 turns on Southern Blvd & Fordham while Bx19 just takes off, bus driver stops at green light while Bx19 takes the entire bus stop space i get aggrivated , get off in 182 run after bx19 & nearly missed it on 180. thank you red light!

Bus Schedule is a FAIL!

wrong the schedule adheres to ME!!!! Get it I make buses showup I am the chuck norris of transit buses come when I say so. Just effin But seriously I have very good luck with buses everywhere I go from DC to philly to LI and even NYC. I dont understand my luck

The B41 was a fail today, twice!

First, at Empire Boulevard, I need a local to get to Plaza Street, 3 LTD's pass to one local!

Then, at Plaza Street to get to Atlantic Terminal, 4 LTD's pass, then 3 locals come and another LTD.

Buses have no schedule, come in whatever way they want... smh...

Technically not a FAIL.. You could of took the limited 1 stop to GAP/Central Library (Grand Army Plaza).. Plaza Street connects there perfectly, than cross over Eastern Parkway/Plaza Street. Than from Plaza street/Flatbush Ave, you could of walked to 7th Avenue (LTD Stops there) to Atlantic Avenue... Just suggesting alternatives for you for next time.

Back in the old Green Lines days---bus 279 taking off while the rear door was still open and people were still getting off. (The MTA never ran this bus, scrapping it upon takeover.)

Another fail---the Bx9 schedules on Southern Boulevard list no Sunday service.

Technically not a FAIL.. You could of took the limited 1 stop to GAP/Central Library (Grand Army Plaza).. Plaza Street connects there perfectly, than cross over Eastern Parkway/Plaza Street. Than from Plaza street/Flatbush Ave, you could of walked to 7th Avenue (LTD Stops there) to Atlantic Avenue... Just suggesting alternatives for you for next time.

I needed to get to Plaza Street/Vanderbilt, and I didn't want to walk, so yes, it was a fail...

wrong the schedule adheres to ME!!!! Get it I make buses showup I am the chuck norris of transit buses come when I say so. Just effin But seriously I have very good luck with buses everywhere I go from DC to philly to LI and even NYC. I dont understand my luck

So if you miss the last bus of the day to new york, one will magically come. That is cool!

An old lady traveling with a companion boarded our RTS today on the B49, and she had one of those carts that turns into a seat/storage area. Then she takes out a bottle of Coke and holds a pack of cigarettes, thank heavens NOT smoking them, while talking to her companion about yelling at a b**** for not giving a damn about something. FAIL @ old lady.

• 2 weeks later...

This is kind of a fail: At Castleton Avenue & Alaska Street, there's a sign for the S46/53/54 that reads "Castleton Avenue & Elizabeth Street", even though directly in front of the sign, the street poles say "Castleton Avenue & Alaska Street" (Elizabeth Street is a block further back).

Waiting over 30 minutes for a B35 to come...at the terminal. Then about 8 come down (both local and limited) all at once

Happened to mr quite a few times. Once Church Av gets messed up in even the slightest way, the whole line is jacked up

Lets see, B8 to V A Hospital was late because of traffic, and then 4 buses ended up showing at the same time with the 3rd bus stuck at McDonald Av waiting for the other two buses to move.

NONE of the buses are crowded. Each one has like 5-8 passengers.

2 (2000 New Flyer C40LF #903 and #917)

2 (2012 New Flyer C40LF #376 and #371)

Order: #917 --> #903 --> #376 --> #371

I rode the C40LF #376, which is the 3rd bus. By the time all buses reached 18th Av and 64th St, it was crowded and full of people.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While waiting for the bus before riding the C40LF #376, there's another thing too.

B8 to Rockaway Av was late for some reason at 18th Av and McDonald Av. 4 Buses ALSO showed up at that time.

2 (2002 Orion 7 CNG #7604 and #7618) - #7604 has its vinyl decal design.

1 (2011 New Flyer C40LF #260)

1 (2000 New Flyer C40LF #859)

Order: #7604, #260, #7618, #859

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While 18th Av and 64th St was crowded because the bus was crowded THE OTHER DAY, there was a 2000 New Flyer C40LF (I forgot the number) and 2011 New Flyer C40LF #255. The old C40LF is not so crowded (All seats are taken though) while the new C40LF is.

The old bus came first and there were lots of people waiting for the bus. As the second bus came, a lot of people prefer taking the second bus, which is the new one, but it was crowded. The old bus left and only a few people can fit in the bus, so the rest of the people are left behind, so they have to wait for the next bus.

They would've took the old one instead. Either they like riding the newer buses, or they're more used to the first bus being more crowded than the others.

Archived