The official bus FAIL thread

B3 Via Av U

Old C40LF closed the door on part of my pants!

It's probably not as bad, but I have had an NG close the door on my foot as well as the NG door open and one side whack me in the head.

I ran 12 for the Q60 one time. I catched it. Bus Speed Fail.

I ran about 1/2 mile once for the S44 and caught up to it (after having already run close to 1/2 mile to reach the bus in the first place).

I remember another time the S46 floored it by the stop at Innis Street & St. Josephs Avenue, but I jogged up to the next stop and beat the bus there. The passengers were all making Forrest Gump jokes, but I didn't even break a sweat. Bus speed fail...

I guess since Gorgor mentioned something similar, I guess you could count waiting 20 minutes and then have 2 buses flag you on the S46.

Waiting over an hour for the B49 to go from Kings Hiway to Emmons Ave gave up after 75 mins, took the B100 (crushed) to the B44LTD and walked from Nostrand/Shore Pkway to Emmons/West end Ave, only to see 2 B49's back to back, 7/23 or 7/24 of 2011 IIRC.

why didnt u use the (Q) to the b1

Waiting over an hour for the B49 to go from Kings Hiway to Emmons Ave gave up after 75 mins, took the B100 (crushed) to the B44LTD and walked from Nostrand/Shore Pkway to Emmons/West end Ave, only to see 2 B49's back to back, 7/23 or 7/24 of 2011 IIRC.

When was this?

I have a fail. I'm a frequent user of the Q58. When I try to connect to the Q23, and I miss the connection. I was upset that I missed the connection. I then became angry when the 58 local flew right past the limited and caught up to the 23 . Then, whenever I decided to take the local, the limited goes faster than ever. And this time, I remember the Q58 Limited having a rookie, and we were running early, and I was happy that I would finally make the connection to the Q23. But what happens, the Q23 came early also, so basically I missed the connection. Next time I'm walkIng to the 88 for the Q23.

Bus Connection Fail.

This is the official bus fail thread!

I'll start off: Using a SBS bus for the (1) shuttle.

Why is this a fail?? If its being used in shuttle service Than the farebox is not needed. It actually makes use of otherwise useless buses on the weekend when the required amount of SBS buses is lower than on weekdays...

Took the M98 up to the GWB bus terminal on 177th. than waited at the M98 stop down the block for a half hour before looking at the schedule and realizing that the M98 only goes back downtown 4 times a day on weekdays (I was about 2 hours late for that last bus)

An express bus stop in Manhattan saying BM1: Midtown Manhattan.

Actually, I think there's a stop by Madison & 29th that says "X2/X4" (I forget what the destinations are). The X4 doesn't go near there (it ends Downtown), and the X2 is just a random bus that stops there. WTF???

There's a stop for trippers that says "S62: Tottenville", and "S59: St. George Ferry" instead of the other way around.

Another one I remember, again July 21 or 22 of 2011, waiting for the B4, around 6 PM at Shell Road, waiting close to an hour, giving up, startin ti walk, only to see one pass me by, # 985, so u run for it at Ave Z/ Shell road, Miss it, walk back to the other stop, miss an 800, then stay there and finally board 7597, and I'm the only one on the bus, so the guy decides to read a newspaper under the Sheepagead Bay station stop on the B4. Nothing beats waiting 2.5 HOURS BACK IN 2004 for the B4 at East 16th/Sheepshead Bay Road only to see around atleast 14 B49's, the B4 was the WORST UNDER UP. Are those FAILS OR NOT?

Another Fail: The Bx24. The Bx24, Q26, and Q42 do better than that POS

You mentioned the Bx24 twice...

Another one I remember, again July 21 or 22 of 2011, waiting for the B4, around 6 PM at Shell Road, waiting close to an hour, giving up, startin ti walk, only to see one pass me by, # 985, so u run for it at Ave Z/ Shell road, Miss it, walk back to the other stop, miss an 800, then stay there and finally board 7597, and I'm the only one on the bus, so the guy decides to read a newspaper under the Sheepagead Bay station stop on the B4. Nothing beats waiting 2.5 HOURS BACK IN 2004 for the B4 at East 16th/Sheepshead Bay Road only to see around atleast 14 B49's, the B4 was the WORST UNDER UP. Are those FAILS OR NOT?

All I can say is "Holy crap!" :o

Archived