Ray Kelly blasts "Minority" community leaders over silence on violence

Joe

Ray Kelly blasts community leaders over silence

kelly1.jpg

"New York City's top cop is ripping local community leaders for their silence after a string of violence this summer.

NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly claims they have not spoken out after a rash of shootings, and now some local leaders want to hold a summit with Kelly.

Kelly says the leaders in the city's minority communities are not doing enough in response to the violence, complaining that the leaders who rail against the NYPD's Stop and Frisk campaign are "shockingly silent" after a week in which 77 people were shot in the city."

http://abclocal.go.c...york&id=8731980

Popeye finally grew a pair and said what no one else has been willing to: that there's no fame in crime perpetuated by blacks. The rabble rousers only get involved when whitey is suspected of something. It's a shame that such stark truth is so unwelcome in NYC.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! I saw this on Good Day NY this morning, but I didn't bother to post it. I'd be called a "racist" if I did. :lol: I've been saying the exact same thing that Kelly has been and he's 100% right. Let's not use Stop & Frisk, but no one has no other ideas on how to stop these sorts of things from happening. 77 people shot... Mainly minorities... Ridiculous.

Stop and frisk wasn't doing anything either

Well what do you suggest??? That's the question no one ever seems to answer. I also find it funny how the usual "leaders" (i.e. Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and the like) are quiet on these issues but so vocal about stop and frisk and offer no alternatives.

Same, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson take advantage of there own community and playing the race card, trying to be leaders but there really cowards that see dollars not the people, and it's not just the leaders but the community for being stupid, it no wonder charlie rangel got re-elected and staying quite letting it go unreported and letting crime continue in the there neighborhoods.

Well what do you suggest??? That's the question no one ever seems to answer. I also find it funny how the usual "leaders" (i.e. Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and the like) are quiet on these issues but so vocal about stop and frisk and offer no alternatives.

Uh... finding out the REAL SOURCE of the guns, instead of patting down some random guy in the streets for "drugs and guns", saying that you're going to randomly stop and frisk people is stupid, that's why the plan has a had a LOW success rate thus far. What idiot is going to carry around his damn pistol for when he knows he could be stopped at any random time?

Yes, only like 2-3% of those idiots were only caught, whoop-dee-doo

Same, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson take advantage of there own community and playing the race card, trying to be leaders but there really cowards that see dollars not the people, and it's not just the leaders but the community for being stupid, it no wonder charlie rangel got re-elected and staying quite letting it go unreported and letting crime continue in the there neighborhoods.

And I always notice how well dressed Sharpton is... Not my style but I can tell expensive stuff so he sits there yelling and fussing in his expensive suits and shirts and such, but only when it is to his benefit. I chuckle when I see him because he is playing the communities he represents and they don't even see it. As for Rangel it is amazing how a guy like him or rather a scumbag can take 3 was it? apartments from folks that actually need affordable housing and keep them for himself and the folks he represents still backs him and re-elects him... I mean there is a seriously problem with that.

Uh... finding out the REAL SOURCE of the guns, instead of patting down some random guy in the streets for "drugs and guns", saying that you're going to randomly stop and frisk people is stupid, that's why the plan has a had a LOW success rate thus far. What idiot is going to carry around his damn pistol for when he knows he could be stopped at any random time?

Yes, only like 2-3% of those idiots were only caught, whoop-dee-doo

Apparently quite a few are if there were 77 shootings last week...

Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson are racists themselves.... Can't stomach either of them.

Me either. And I am half Black Man myself. Problem is if some one in the Afro-American community speak out against rev. al and jesse they are called "uncle toms."

Back to issue. Not trying to sound dumb could not Chief Kelly and Deputy Commish Bloomberg(woops i mean Mayor :o )go to the Black/Latino communites on specific suggestions in cutting crime that is better than "stop & frisk?"

This is exactly why term limits should be for everyone, not just the president. People will keep electing the same guy that delivers the pork. New blood is needed to keep things from becoming status quo.

IAWYP.... and what's worse, these two clowns are self-appointed "leaders".....

The alternative is put undercover cops in the bad neighborhoods to catch the criminals instead of assuming every damn person in the neighborhood is a criminal and just stopping random people.

Back to issue. Not trying to sound dumb could not Chief Kelly and Deputy Commish Bloomberg(woops i mean Mayor :o )go to the Black/Latino communites on specific suggestions in cutting crime that is better than "stop & frisk?"

Why would they do that when both back Stop & Frisk and believe that it has been effective in fighting crime? Doing that would make them look weak...

The alternative is put undercover cops in the bad neighborhoods to catch the criminals instead of assuming every damn person in the neighborhood is a criminal and just stopping random people.

Okay fine... Undercover cops... That still doesn't explain how they would catch the criminals?? Stop & frisk works because it makes folks think twice about committing crimes if they believe there is a possibility of them being caught. It's the same thing with kids... If they think there's a chance they could be busted doing something wrong, they may reconsider it. No different here. Stop & frisk does not assume that everyone is "guilty" since people are chosen at random. As I said before if they have nothing to hide then it shouldn't be a problem and I still stand by that statement.

If Stop & Frisk means one kid not being shot, then I think it's great.

It's summer, you know how these negroes get, the time is ripe for drug deals and gang wars

Ok, that's not funny at all, making racial stereotypes into jokes dosen't make the situation any better.

Thank you. That was really uncalled for.

He was being sarcastic... Jesus... Talk about uptight. Apparently neither of you have read his other posts...

Same thing with undercover cops.

Yes and no.... I mean if it was really so horrible everyone would be up in arms over it. I think the real issue here is paranoia. I've never had issues with them and if anything cops have looked out for me, especially when I worked security for a short time. If you have an attitude that cops are against you and that you've got something to fear well then that's what will happen.

Archived