Ray Kelly blasts "Minority" community leaders over silence on violence

Joe

He was being sarcastic... Jesus... Talk about uptight. Apparently neither of you have read his other threads...

We have enough people being "sarcastic" on this forum. That may have been a bit overboard, but some people need to know the difference between being firm and being cocky....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's summer, you know how these negroes get, the time is ripe for drug deals and gang wars

I was just thinking that last night.....can't wait for winter so folks take their asses back in the house!

The alternative is put undercover cops in the bad neighborhoods to catch the criminals instead of assuming every damn person in the neighborhood is a criminal and just stopping random people.

They already have undercover cops in certain neighborhoods and on top of that the NYPD is also putting in watch towers in select areas.

Tell me why we don't?? I still see nothing to support why we don't need it. The communities with the highest amount of crime are being targeted as they should be.

No, the communities with the highest amount of minorities are being targeted. In most neighborhoods, sadly, they two things mentioned correlate, but minority communities with low crime rates are also being targeted.

No, the communities with the highest amount of minorities are being targeted. In most neighborhoods, sadly, they two things mentioned correlate, but minority communities with low crime rates are also being targeted.

I don't buy that... They would be wasting their time going to low crime neighborhoods. Let's see some proof...

Well, because half the force is racist anyway, they don't think they are...

You can't just make a statement like that without anything to back it up with... A good friend of mine Ethan is an NYPD cop and he's not racist at all. He's from Gerritsen Beach but his girlfriend and long time love is a Latina.

You can't just make a statement like that without anything to back it up with... A good friend of mine Ethan is an NYPD cop and he's racist at all. He's from Gerritsen Beach but his girlfriend and long time love is a Latina.

I didn't name any specific people. Too much of police forces across the country are corrupted in some way. I have all the info I need. The lopsided incarceration rates, the lopsided wrongful incarceration rates, the lopsided arrest rates, it's too obvious to ignore.

Read the link:

http://online.wsj.co...2323002420.html

53% of the NYPD is made up of minorities.

That dosen't mean they can't be corrupted. I didn't say how they were racist...

Apparently quite a few are if there were 77 shootings last week...

And there's nothing saying that they were just walking around carrying a gun. If you're looking to get somebody, you'll probably plan in advance. You're not going to spend a whole bunch of time carrying a gun on you: You'll try to just carry the gun when you need it.

Back to issue. Not trying to sound dumb could not Chief Kelly and Deputy Commish Bloomberg(woops i mean Mayor :o )go to the Black/Latino communites on specific suggestions in cutting crime that is better than "stop & frisk?"

LA has seen a larger decrease in its crime rate and it doesn't use stop-and-frisk. Whatever they're doing appears to be working.

I remember an article on TheAtlanticCities that talked about where most gang-related conflicts occur, and it said that they often occurred along the boundary between the territory between the 2 gangs (instead of deep into gang territory). I remember a video talking about the projects in Brownsville, and a guy was talking about how one side is controlled by the Bloods and the other side is controlled by the Crips. I mean, I guess that makes sense why Brownsville has the highest murder rate in the city. I guess if an area's controlled by only one gang, at least shootings are a little less common, even if everything else about the surrounding neighborhood is similar.

Now, obviously, if an area's controlled by one gang, it's obviously not good if they have free reign. But I'm just pointing out one fact.

So as far as that article is concerned, some people had a debate on the best way to combat crime and where the resources should be directed: Should they be on the boundary line, or "deep in the lion's den"?

They already have that in certain neighborhoods and the NYPD is also putting in those damn watch towers.

I don't see how the hell that's supposed to help. I mean, I highly doubt they can see around the entire neighborhood. I mean, there's one across from the West Brighton Houses, and I guarantee you the view is blocked by the actual buildings. Like "Yeah, if something happens on the side where the tower is, then yeah, maybe you'll catch the criminals", but if something happens on the opposite side, then what? (And I'm 99% sure there's only one tower in that area, so there wouldn't be one on the other side).

Ray Kelly, you power-crazed fascist, if you did your job properly and didn't persecute protestors while the whole city is shooting itself, this wouldn't be an issue. The nerve of him to pin any blame on anybody but himself.

If Stop & Frisk means one kid not being shot, then I think it's great.

That's just an ignorant perspective. Do you value constitutional rights at all? Not to mention that stop and frisk -- even if you ignore the racism and illegality of it all -- is massively ineffective.

You can't just make a statement like that without anything to back it up with... A good friend of mine Ethan is an NYPD cop and he's not racist at all. He's from Gerritsen Beach but his girlfriend and long time love is a Latina.

Well, that's disproved then. Ethan's a nice guy so cops aren't racists after all! I'd never have known, especially whatwith the blatant racism of NYPD officers regarding stop and frisk.

In ThreexxBus' defense, minorities CAN be and ARE racist too, so that doesn't mean anything.

Absolutely right. You're living proof.

Stop and frisk is totally constitutional...if the officer has a valid reason to stop a person. For instance, wearing a extra tall bubble jacket in the middle of last week's heat wave...with long metallic objects sticking out the bottom of it. Cop has a valid reason to stop you. Hell, i'd stop you to tell you you're crazier than a (S)(H) % (T) house rat for wearing it in this heat. Now, if a cop stops someone just to get his/her rocks off because he/she has that authority...which DOES happen...then it's unconstitutional and the stoppee has grounds for suit.

That's where the problem with it lies: Cops who are less than professional, who act like jerks, treat people like play things...shove people against walls or knocks 'em to the ground...rifles through their pockets and bags...even assaults MEN AND WOMEN SEXUALLY by groping private parts...then gets back into their car and drive off like nothing happened...simply because they can. Not saying that civilians don't get out of hand because yes that happens a lot and when it happens it's usually a reaction to the above actions the officer is doing.

That's near the norm. Rarely do you get cops that'll explain the situation or apologize and admit they made a mistake.

End of the day, stop and frisk isn't going anywhere. And nothing will get done by both sides as long as they continue to play their little "Blame The NRA" card.

Ray Kelly, you power-crazed fascist, if you did your job properly and didn't persecute protestors while the whole city is shooting itself, this wouldn't be an issue. The nerve of him to pin any blame on anybody but himself.

Why are you blaming Ray Kelly for the criminal actions of others? :blink:

Minorities can be Uncle Tom's you know...

Yes they can... Yes they can... But in all seriousness it's no fun getting pulled over by D's and getting patted down like you got something on you.

No.

If you know your rights you can refuse getting searched. Let's see how they respond...

Maybe if some of these so called minority people started working harder, taking care of their children better, and contribute to their community instead of harming it then other people won't hate you so much. Instead of looking in on their problems they blame other successful people for their problems instead. People need to pick their butt up and start working harder, because sitting there isn't going to do anything.

For example: 2011 Japan Earthquake- These people instead of stealing, rioting, and hurting each other worked together to overcome their problems. There was no anger on the more successful people. Instead they worked as a whole to fix their problems.

Maybe those people that are causing trouble can look at that example and finally improve themselves.

Maybe if these so called minorities started working harder, taking care of their children better, and contribute to their community instead of harming it then other people won't hate you so much. Instead of looking in on their problems they blame other successful people for their problems instead. People need to pick their butt up and start working harder, because sitting there isn't going to do anything.

For example: 2011 Japan Earthquake- These people instead of stealing, rioting, and hurting each other worked together to overcome their problems. There was no anger on the more successful people. Instead they worked as a whole to fix their problems.

Maybe the minorities can look at this example and finally improve themselves.

Nah, you really wanna know what it is... Drugs and contraband bring in the money... People lust for the green, those that have a rough time making money the legal way are going to find other ways, even if it's illegal. Thing is, how does all that shit wind up here? Sure as hell aren't gonna buy your guns from the store, that's what!

Maybe if these so called minorities started working harder, taking care of their children better, and contribute to their community instead of harming it then other people won't hate you so much. Instead of looking in on their problems they blame other successful people for their problems instead. People need to pick their butt up and start working harder, because sitting there isn't going to do anything.

Uh, newsflash: Not all minorities are like that. It's the vast majority who fall victim to stereotyping because of a relatively low percentage of bad apples.

Here's what I have to say: from what I know, being stopped and frisked can be a harassing experience, whether you're innocent or guilty.

It's the police's job to catch criminals. When the police don't catch criminals, they have failed at their job. But I believe that when the police harass large amounts of non-criminals, they've also failed at their job. It's pretty clear, based on how many non-criminals get stopped, that the police aren't doing a good job of judging who is and who isn't a criminal.

The racism in this post is obvious. Stop stereotyping and acting like these blacks and Hispanics act the way they do because they're black or Hispanic. I expect that if a large amount of whites were put in the same circumstances, they would show similar behavior.

Archived