Ray Kelly blasts "Minority" community leaders over silence on violence

Joe

Uh, newsflash: Not all minorities are like that. It's the vast majority who fall victim to stereotyping because of a relatively low percentage of bad apples.

Agreed! It takes only a few, to ruin it for all, as they say...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, newsflash: Not all minorities are like that. It's the vast majority who fall victim to stereotyping because of a relatively low percentage of bad apples.

I understand that. I am not trying to say that all minorities are bad people. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

The racism in this post is obvious. Stop stereotyping and acting like these blacks and Hispanics act the way they do because they're black or Hispanic. I expect that if a large amount of whites were put in the same circumstances, they would show similar behavior.

I am sorry. I should have had look it through. I am going to tweak it a bit.

Actually the solution to get rid of gang violence would be to finally legalize all those drugs except if they were used in a bad way for example to commit a crime. Otherwise it should be legal. The war on drugs makes no sense at all.

Easy to say, hard to do. The government isn't going to make any money if weed is legal, it is not like they are going to sell it themselves. The government is about making money and doesn't like to do things that won't make them money.. IMO

Easy to say, hard to do. The government isn't going to make any money if weed is legal, it is not like they are going to sell it themselves. The government is about making money and doesn't like to do things that won't make them money.. IMO

If it's legal, they can authorize stores and everything to sell it, and then collect the tax dollars (not saying I'm for or against it, but just throwing that out there).

I'm gonna be honest. You say that a lot. You should really try proofreading it before you post to make sure the correct message gets across....

If it's legal, they can authorize stores and everything to sell it, and then collect the tax dollars (not saying I'm for or against it, but just throwing that out there).

I guess, but indeed they would know that they could do that if they made it legal, there has to be another reason that makes them illegal.. It would become like cigarettes (with high taxes) and if that was the case, ppl would go to dealers who wouldn't charge taxes, but that is an interesting thought...

Perpetual war gives the government something to do. This "war on drugs" nonsense exists only to further fundamentally flawed agendas. To quit now would result in a lot of egg on a lot of face.

The war on drugs causes us to lose billions of dollars every year into a hole that does nothing. It's useless like the prohibition of alcohol. It results in gang violence and the loss of stability in many other countries which only increases illegal immigration. Now that the whole picture is seen it needs to be stopped. It's over.

All I say is legalize drugs and this country becomes a lazy (and unintelligent) POS.

Correction: Lazier and dumber

Substances that take people out of a rational state of mind should not be legal regardless of how much violence takes place within it's sale and distribution. Plus most inner city crime (which results mainly from street gangs) comes down to more than just selling drugs and weapons. It's a lifestyle for the gang members. In other words, these people get a thrill over engaging in illegal activity and fighting for their territory in the process. They will only find other illegal things to sell if the illegal drugs were legalized.

For me crime in the U.S. is more of a cultural problem than a policy problem.

Ray Kelly, you power-crazed fascist, if you did your job properly and didn't persecute protestors while the whole city is shooting itself, this wouldn't be an issue. The nerve of him to pin any blame on anybody but himself.

Everyone is fascist except for you... The biggest one of them all... I really would like to see what you look like because you're either really racist or delusional. Yeah I said it and I didn't mince my words either.

That's just an ignorant perspective. Do you value constitutional rights at all? Not to mention that stop and frisk -- even if you ignore the racism and illegality of it all -- is massively ineffective.

And your perspective is so enlightening...

Well, that's disproved then. Ethan's a nice guy so cops aren't racists after all! I'd never have known, especially whatwith the blatant racism of NYPD officers regarding stop and frisk.

There are bad apples everywhere, but you can't go making a blanket statement like that. Funny how cops are so this and so that and if you were robbed or something you'd be the first one calling for them. Typical hypocrite...

Absolutely right. You're living proof.

Uh no, I think you've got the mirror pointed in the wrong direction. God forbid someone disagrees with your extreme way of thinking and they're mixed or part white... They're unpatriotic, racist and fascists. You on the other hand, you've got it all figured out.

Minorities can be Uncle Tom's you know...

Forget about Uncle Tom's... The amount of jealousy out there amongst folks of the same background is amazing.

I'm gonna be honest. You say that a lot. You should really try proofreading it before you post to make sure the correct message gets across....

The one thing this guy lacks is balls... He says stuff and then apologizes for it. I mean really... He needs to be a man and stand behind what he says for once.

Why are you blaming Ray Kelly for the criminal actions of others? :blink:

Because that's the easy way out.... He wouldn't have it any other way.

I understand that. I am not trying to say that all minorities are bad people. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

I've heard that a thousand times now... It's getting really old. <_<

I am sorry. I should have had look it through.

Uhhh huh... <_<

And what do you define as the "relatively low percentage of bad apples?"

As for your other comment about folks only carrying guns when they need them, that comment was so ridiculous and naive that I couldn't even believe you wrote it since you claim to be so street smart. Any common Joe knows that some folks carry protection on them 24/7 because so one can roll up on them at any time.

Everyone is fascist except for you... The biggest one of them all... I really would like to see what you look like because you're either really racist or delusional. Yeah I said it and I didn't mince my words either.

How exactly am I a fascist now? I think I'm about one police state behind Ray Kelly in that regard. As for the racist part, I would absolutely LOVE to hear your reasoning there.

There are bad apples everywhere, but you can't go making a blanket statement like that. Funny how cops are so this and so that and if you were robbed or something you'd be the first one calling for them. Typical hypocrite...

You act like cops work out of the kindness of their hearts...yeah, I would call them, cause I'm paying for them. Everybody in the city pays tax money which funds cops' relatively high salaries and massive overtime bills, and so everybody deserves cops working for them, not against them.

Uh no, I think you've got the mirror pointed in the wrong direction. God forbid someone disagrees with your extreme way of thinking and they're mixed or part white... They're unpatriotic, racist and fascists. You on the other hand, you've got it all figured out.

Unlike you, I couldn't care less about whether you're mixed or whatever you want to call it. That doesn't affect my opinion of you. My point is that you make awfully disparaging comments towards blacks and dark-skinned folks in general, and that is racist. I don't think I called you a fascist, nor unpatriotic -- although on that note, it is unpatriotic to not stand against polices that infringe upon the American right to liberty, like stop and frisk.

How exactly am I a fascist now? I think I'm about one police state behind Ray Kelly in that regard. As for the racist part, I would absolutely LOVE to hear your reasoning there.

lol... Let's see... If you're not a Democrat you're "unpatriotic" according to you... Sounds pretty fascist to me.

You act like cops work out of the kindness of their hearts...yeah, I would call them, cause I'm paying for them. Everybody in the city pays tax money which funds cops' relatively high salaries and massive overtime bills, and so everybody deserves cops working for them, not against them.

And you act like all cops are evil. Why would you want to call someone who you claim is out to get you and everyone else for that matter??

Unlike you, I couldn't care less about whether you're mixed or whatever you want to call it. That doesn't affect my opinion of you. My point is that you make awfully disparaging comments towards blacks and dark-skinned folks in general, and that is racist. I don't think I called you a fascist, nor unpatriotic -- although on that note, it is unpatriotic to not stand against polices that infringe upon the American right to liberty, like stop and frisk.

Well that's funny because when you thought I was white as opposed to mixed, you would make awfully disparaging comments towards me like when I was commenting on stop and frisk. According to you, I wasn't allowed to comment on stop & frisk because I was white. <_< In fact you do that quite a bit with white folks and you think you can get away with it if the individual is white, but you don't fool me at all. Racism works both ways though I'm sure you don't consider yourself to be one...

All I say is legalize drugs and this country becomes a lazy (and unintelligent) POS.

Pot is safer for you than alcohol, it needs to be legalized and regulated just like cigarettes are. The other stuff, well IDK about that, but enough is enough with pot being illegal. Pot hasn't killed anyone (though the violence caused by dealers of course has) and it isn't addictive, yet alcohol, which leads to many health problems and alcoholism is legal. Look at all the people who turn to "synthetic pot" which is much, much worse for you and has already killed people if I'm not mistaken, all because our country criminalizes the real thing. Best of all, if pot gets legalized, regulated, and taxed, then the debt problem in this country would be a hell of a lot better.

Minorities can be Uncle Tom's you know...

The odds of those types of black people being stopped aren't near as likely....

And there's nothing saying that they were just walking around carrying a gun. If you're looking to get somebody, you'll probably plan in advance. You're not going to spend a whole bunch of time carrying a gun on you: You'll try to just carry the gun when you need it.

The petty street-level criminal isn't organized.....

So, Nah, those that walk around carrying a gun, carry it for "protection".... The shit they do (or did) on any regular basis increases their need for said "protection" - and the attitude regarding that is never be caught slippin, so to speak....

Xzibit said it best on one of his tracks....

"It aint safe where I'm from.... Niggaz start beef, never knowin' the outcome....

Rather be caught with it than caught without one....."

the meaning of that line (in bold) is simply, dude in that position would rather be arrested than dead.....

Nah, you really wanna know what it is... Drugs and contraband bring in the money... People lust for the green, those that have a rough time making money the legal way are going to find other ways, even if it's illegal. Thing is, how does all that shit wind up here? Sure as hell aren't gonna buy your guns from the store, that's what!

....and there you go.

I mean for starters, "Wide Receiver" & "Fast and Furious" come to mind.....

(not talkin about the football position or the movie, respectively)

Here's what I have to say: from what I know, being stopped and frisked can be a harassing experience, whether you're innocent or guilty.

Tell me about it....

We don't believe you.... you need more people.

Sure, why not add one more to this list:

http://www.nyctransi..._20#entry545133

Agreed.... Minorities didn't implant drugs into their own communities.....

Maybe if some of these so called minority people started working harder, taking care of their children better, and contribute to their community instead of harming it then other people won't hate you so much. Instead of looking in on their problems they blame other successful people for their problems instead. People need to pick their butt up and start working harder, because sitting there isn't going to do anything.

For example: 2011 Japan Earthquake- These people instead of stealing, rioting, and hurting each other worked together to overcome their problems. There was no anger on the more successful people. Instead they worked as a whole to fix their problems.

Maybe those people that are causing trouble can look at that example and finally improve themselves.

People from a high horse position say that, but never address WHY minority families are in the unfavorable positions they're in....

I'm NOT justifying or supporting ANY criminalistic actions, but people are gonna do what they feel they have to do to survive...... The ones that are out here doin crimes for the shear f*** of it are doing so for a number of reasons that have nothin to do w/ survival..... Either scenario results from oppression.....

As far as the Japan earthquake, that's not the best of examples......

1] obviously, the Japanese are the predominant nationality in their own country... 2] they're not the minority being oppressed by another nationality in Japan 3] the Japanese are rather resourceful people.... and 4] there is no intra-racial hatred b/w the Japanese..... They did what they had to do to get THEIR country back in order/back on track......

Actually the solution to get rid of gang violence would be to finally legalize all those drugs except if they were used in a bad way for example to commit a crime. Otherwise it should be legal. The war on drugs makes no sense at all.

Albeit a major one, the drug game is only one facet behind the existence of gang violence......

Gangs want CONTROL.... drugs are the vehicle with which they use to obtain money....

Legalizing drugs won't get rid of gang violence.....

The one thing this guy lacks is balls... He says stuff and then apologizes for it. I mean really... He needs to be a man and stand behind what he says for once.
Sometimes it's good to look at yourself in the mirror and decide whether what you're saying is right or wrong, rather than blindly defending every word you say.

Guys i was hoping we could have a smart chat on this issue. Gotten little out of hand. Can we please get back on point on so called stop and frisk?

No problem man

I don't agree with the stop and frisk but as long as the in the community continues to be ignorant and listening to there dumb local politician then the stop and frisks will continue, ''if you see something say something'' And If you dress like a gangster with your pants on the grown then your asking for trouble from the cops.

Sometimes it's good to look at yourself in the mirror and decide whether what you're saying is right or wrong, rather than blindly defending every word you say.

Yes, sometimes it is, but he repeatedly says things and then says Oh I didn't really mean that. After a while that story gets old. I'm just saying that at some point he needs to be honest and stand up and say yes this is what I said and stop pretending like he meant to say something else when he knows that he didn't. There is a difference between what you're saying and what he does. No it isn't good to be stubborn, but if you renege on everything you say then that doesn't say much about what you think.

And what do you define as the "relatively low percentage of bad apples?"

I dunno. Maybe like 5-10% of the residents, if even that.

As for your other comment about folks only carrying guns when they need them, that comment was so ridiculous and naive that I couldn't even believe you wrote it since you claim to be so street smart. Any common Joe knows that some folks carry protection on them 24/7 because so one can roll up on them at any time.

Well, I wouldn't know. Do I look like a drug dealer or gang member to you? The last thing that comes to my mind in any area is getting shot. (And yeah, I have average street-smarts. I'm just not afraid to go into an area just because some people who've been there like once in their life give it a bad reputation. If it's bad enough for me to want to avoid it, then at least I found out on my own). And yeah, I've heard of people carrying like a razor blade or something for protection, but I don't see the need. I'm not going to be walking down desolate, seedy-looking side streets at midnight.

.... although on that note, it is unpatriotic to not stand against polices that infringe upon the American right to liberty, like stop and frisk.

....just like it says in your signature.... ;)

the meaning of that line (in bold) is simply, dude in that position would rather be arrested than dead.....

Makes sense. I mean, I guess if you shoot somebody, and the other gang finds out who you are, then you have to watch your back. But I was just supporting SoSpectacular's comment that not all of the shootings involved people who carry their gun on them at all times. At least some of them had to be like a hit-man-type deal, where the person who did the shooting wasn't directly involved in the conflict.

Regarding Stop & Frisk we had a pretty in-depth convo on that recently on the swing bus. Mind you all of us there were and are minorities and agreed on the fact that as long as our communities continue to embrace the "ghetto" mentality nothing will change at all. It's completely retarded brothers killing each other over turf (NYCHA developments [mind you these are gov't owned, subsidized and operated developments not their own property that they worked so hard to acquire per se])

What I don't seem to understand even more is that they know very well what the outcome of operating on the "fastlane" is and they each think that they will be exception and come out on top....news flash, living that lifestyle will only get you two things...a hearse or a cell in the penitentiary.

It's not hard to change the way your living or the people around you but I swear it's like they must have put something in their school lunches or something in elementary school because people from my old neighborhood's are just so impatient, selfish and ignorant...and it makes me sad that I've got other Latinos "hating" on me because I'm doing what I have to do to ascend from the lower class.

/let me just end this rant now haha

Regarding Stop & Frisk we had a pretty in-depth convo on that recently on the swing bus. Mind you all of us there were and are minorities and agreed on the fact that as long as our communities continue to embrace the "ghetto" mentality nothing will change at all. It's completely retarded brothers killing each other over turf (NYCHA developments [mind you these are gov't owned, subsidized and operated developments not their own property that they worked so hard to acquire per se])

What I don't seem to understand even more is that they know very well what the outcome of operating on the "fastlane" is and they each think that they will be exception and come out on top....news flash, living that lifestyle will only get you two things...a hearse or a cell in the penitentiary.

It's not hard to change the way your living or the people around you but I swear it's like they must have put something in their school lunches or something in elementary school because people from my old neighborhood's are just so impatient, selfish and ignorant...and it makes me sad that I've got other Latinos "hating" on me because I'm doing what I have to do to ascend from the lower class.

I've noticed that as well. I'm mistaken as being Latino by some Latinos and some of them get jealous instantly because I'm doing okay for myself, or better yet, they automatically assume that I look down on them, so I either get static or they're overly respectful (holding the door for me and such). I tell you when I was tutoring up in Washington Heights and coming from work in Midtown well dressed, it was almost unbearable walking around. I had all eyes on me. They weren't used to seeing a professionally dressed person up there and I think they become very intimidated. I don't know why either. Sometimes I try to have fun with it though and pretend like I don't speak Spanish, but that doesn't always work either because somehow they can sort of tell that I speak it. :lol:

lol... Let's see... If you're not a Democrat you're "unpatriotic" according to you... Sounds pretty fascist to me.

First, that's not what Fascism is just for a Government 101 breather here, and secondly, that's nowhere near anything I've ever said so don't even flatter yourself with those bullsh!t quotes.

And you act like all cops are evil. Why would you want to call someone who you claim is out to get you and everyone else for that matter??

You're missing the fundamental point here, which is that it's not a question of whether I want to call on them, it's a question of whether I CAN call on them. They're not doing their jobs, plain and simple. I was just talking to a friend about this the other day: he told me that in this climate, he's scared to call on the cops. He's a little older than me and he told me it feels just like it did when he was growing up in the 70s and early 80s, that the cops would rather arrest him for having an ounce on him than for the actual crime committed. The cops aren't protecting the people, they're serving their own army -- I pay money so I can call of them, it's not like they do it for the greater good.

Well that's funny because when you thought I was white as opposed to mixed, you would make awfully disparaging comments towards me like when I was commenting on stop and frisk. According to you, I wasn't allowed to comment on stop & frisk because I was white. <_< In fact you do that quite a bit with white folks and you think you can get away with it if the individual is white, but you don't fool me at all. Racism works both ways though I'm sure you don't consider yourself to be one...

I mean, I'm sorry but I still stand by this: if you're white or Asian, you are not reasonably in a place to make a strongly pro-stop and frisk judgement. I hate to be blunt but it's the truth. When it's a program that's as racially biased as stop and frisk, the race that isn't involved isn't in a place to go supporting it. It's the same way a black baptist isn't in a place to go support Jewish persecution -- unless you're the party being targeted, it's inappropriate to go touting how great it is. I don't think anybody of any race should support stop and frisk, but it's even more inappropriate if it's a person of a race that would never be targeted, never be subjected to the shame of being groped by a cop in the middle of the street. I don't "do anything with the white folk" or "expect to get away with anything" (whatever that means), I just call it like I see it.

Like the great philosopher Shaggy said: "You either behind the bar or six foot under." He was rapping (more like riddim-ing if you wanna call it that) about smugglers, but it's pretty applicable here too. That all said, I still say Ray Kelly has no right to even open his trap on this...his officers are no longer protecting the people but serving his own army. All the problems at the NYPD stem right from the top, and that begins with Dear Leader Kelly. The NYPD'd rather attack dissenters (OWS) than actually fight crime, and they're so badly trained and trained in such a racist way that they end up pulling sh!t like the Ramarley Graham scene. Disgusts me.

I've noticed that as well. I'm mistaken as being Latino by some Latinos and some of them get jealous instantly because I'm doing okay for myself, or better yet, they automatically assume that I look down on them, so I either get static or they're overly respectful (holding the door for me and such). I tell you when I was tutoring up in Washington Heights and coming from work in Midtown well dressed, it was almost unbearable walking around. I had all eyes on me. They weren't used to seeing a professionally dressed person up there and I think they become very intimidated. I don't know why either. Sometimes I try to have fun with it though and pretend like I don't speak Spanish, but that doesn't always work either because somehow they can sort of tell that I speak it. :lol:

Can we calm our egos in for a second here? I love the snap judgements you make that absolutely everybody is jealous of your great success...

Archived