2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

The Best the AFC has to offer is (in my opinion)

Patriots (who barely squeaked by the Jets)

Ravens (who are not the AFC Title team they were last year)

Texans (Blown out by Green Bay)

Steelers (Cant win on the road)

Broncos, Jets, Bengals, Miami, & Chargers (inconsistent)

look forward to a long NFC era, men.

In other news, Oakland comes back from something close to a 20 point deficit...

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Best the AFC has to offer is (in my opinion)

Patriots (who barely squeaked by the Jets)

Ravens (who are not the AFC Title team they were last year)

Texans (Blown out by Green Bay)

Steelers (Cant win on the road)

Broncos, Jets, Bengals, Miami, & Chargers (inconsistent)

look forward to a long NFC era, men.

In other news, Oakland comes back from something close to a 20 point deficit...

Hey VWM why you care about the NFC return of being the "better league" lol? Last time the NFC was superior you were not born yet. Not to mention they kicked the AFC butts for over 15 years when the Raiders won their last super bowl after '83 season to when John Elway's (heard of him lol)Broncos won back-back super bowls in '98 and '99 lol.

IDon't care what any cocky gaines fan thinks, the jets have the ability to go 12-4...

With a 1% chance of it happening :(

They better beat Miami...

With Revis out and also some good role players from teams that made the AFC Final 2x in a row now gone, you must be a die in the wool Jets fan VWM? :o At best this squad can go as maybe 10-6 and a playoff spot even in a very weak AFC and NFL as a whole lol.

Well, I mean even w/ the supposed "big injuries" and "lack of skill" they forced overtime on the patriots, that ain't N easy thing to do... Thier schedule is extremely easy from here on out maybe except the pats rematch.

Since you (Jubaion)always mention announcers for NFL games on CBS and Fox, I make a rare comment. I am surprised Simms/Nantz are going to London for Pats/Rams game. I would thought they cover either the Jets/Fish or even Jacksonville/Green Bay game. Probably the weakest set of games this season. Usually during weekend of the world series the nfl schedules much of their "bye" weeks or less than sexy games.

And Giants/Cowboys being shown to about 95% of US viewers(basically a prime time game)except for the Bay area, Kansas City and couple of markets That huge audience should help Fox for game (4) of Giants/Tigers world series after the Big Blue/Boys matchup.

Since you (Jubaion)always mention announcers for NFL games on CBS and Fox, I make a rare comment. I am surprised Simms/Nantz are going to London for Pats/Rams game. I would thought they cover either the Jets/Fish or even Jacksonville/Green Bay game. Probably the weakest set of games this season. Usually during weekend of the world series the nfl schedules much of their "bye" weeks or less than sexy games.

And Giants/Cowboys being shown to about 95% of US viewers(basically a prime time game)except for the Bay area, Kansas City and couple of markets That huge audience should help Fox for game (4) of Giants/Tigers world series after the Big Blue/Boys matchup.

I'm wondering whether Giants vs Cowboys will outrate the SNF matchup between New Orleans (Brees) and Denver (Manning).

So far on the NCAA front... #2 Florida loses 17-9 against Georgia, #3 Kansas State and #4 Oregon get blowout victories at home and #1 Alabama and #5 Norte Dame earn statement wins to stay unbeaten. Outside of the top 5 there were some interesting results. #9 USC loses 39-36 to conference rival Arizona while #15 Rutgers loses it's undefeated record against Kent State 35-23. The Top 4 heading into next week all look like title contenders. This would have been a good year for the playoff.

NFL Week 8 Picks

New England 23 St. Louis 21 (London)

Carolina 14 Chicago 31

Miami 16 NY Jets 24

San Diego 35 Cleveland 13

Seattle 17 Detroit 14

Atlanta 41 Philadelphia 21

Washington 21 Pittsburgh 30

Jacksonville 10 Green Bay 20

Indianapolis 21 Tennessee 24

Oakland 20 Kansas City 13

NY Giants 41 Dallas 13

New Orleans 30 Denver 27

San Francisco 21 Arizona 16

Meanwhile the Pats over in merry old England vs. the Rams destroy them 45-7. Looks like another losing season for the Jets and fatso rex ryan. :D

FYI. I saw the highlights of Pats/Rams game on NFL Network and although the game in London was offically a "sellout' there were some empty seats especially in the front row at Webley. No doubt IMO that within a decade, Goddell is seriously thinking to put an expansion team in London(maybe also new or relocated teams in LA and Toronto)as well.

Outside of the Giants vs Cowboys game it was a pretty dull week 8 in the NFL. Next week Super Bowl Champion QB's face off as the Pittsburgh Steelers come to visit the New York Giants.

London does not need a NFL team. The travel that would be involved with that team going to and from road games would be horrible.

With 6-8 teams having the week off, and also the world series taking place this weekend, the NFL has always scheduled the less sexy games of the season and usually scheduling majority of teams for "bye week" during the weekend they up against the MLB fall classic.

No doubt NBC if league rules allowed it would have much rather show the Cowboys-Giants rematch again instead of the Broncos featuring Peyton and the Drew Brees Saints.

With 6-8 teams having the week off, and also the world series taking place this weekend, the NFL has always scheduled the less sexy games of the season and usually scheduling majority of teams for "bye week" during the weekend they up against the MLB fall classic.

Archived