2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

Send out the third string, I'm sick and tired of this sh*t. 34 - 0 is inexcusable.... It's not even the defense's fault! The offense couldn't get moving, even when San Fran lit a fire under their ass with a 10 - 0 at halftime...

Why do the jets have to suck?

EDIT: if the jets can pull it together, they have some hope... Minus the Patriots and the Texans (next week's MNF), they have a fairly easy schedule

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would replace him then? Another mediocre quarterback?

The bottom line is that the Jets have no choice but to stick with Sanchez. Tebow is not an NFL QB and Greg McElroy (3rd string QB) has never played a down of NFL regular season football. You could say in hindsight that Sanchez is a draft bust, but I think he may be the only starting QB from his draft class. For now the Jets just need to make do with what they have and find a good QB in the offseason.

At this point, I'd consider doing it if I was tony sporano or Rex...

If I were Sporano or Ryan I would instead consider featuring Tebow as a FB and TE more often. I feel like they haven't utilized him enough at those positions. We all know how the OL is struggling so the extra big body can't hurt. It also can't hurt to utilize someone who makes big plays with his feet (not his arm). So why isn't Tebow playing FB/TE?

52-28, just the patriots asserting themselves in the division... no doubt they'll win the AFC east.

It could be argued that the AFC East which only few years ago was among the better divisions in the NFL. Now in 2012 it maybe the worst. In a blowout scenrio the Pats might clinch the division by Mid Nov. Also neither the Jets, Bills or Fish finish even with 8 wins. :o

Yeah, I just got through watching that shit.... The whole tempo of the game favored the Eagles favor from start to finish....

Basically a field position game throughout the 1st half..... Entire game for the most part was more lackluster offense than it was good defense by both teams....

And I have to say this..... Damn puttin yourself in these positions where you have to set yourself up for 4th qtr. comebacks... One (main) reason I don't watch the giants week in & week out..... You live & die by that BS, and tonight the giants died by it..... Having Tynes kick a 54 yard FG.... Unbelievable.... All the giants had to do before that last pass interference call (on barton) was keep doing running plays when they got into that down & 19 situation.... Quite sure that's barely (if not totally out) of Tynes' range....

Speaking of calls, hell, the game should've been over anyway...

That first pass interference call (on rogers-cromartie) was not pass interference....

Yeah, I just got through watching that shit.... The whole tempo of the game favored the Eagles favor from start to finish....

Basically a field position game throughout the 1st half..... Entire game for the most part was more lackluster offense than it was good defense by both teams....

And I have to say this..... Damn puttin yourself in these positions where you have to set yourself up for 4th qtr. comebacks... One (main) reason I don't watch the giants week in & week out..... You live & die by that BS, and tonight the giants died by it..... Having Tynes kick a 54 yard FG.... Unbelievable.... All the giants had to do before that last pass interference call (on barton) was keep doing running plays when they got into that down & 19 situation.... Quite sure that's barely (if not totally out) of Tynes' range....

That first pass interference call (on rogers-cromartie) was not pass interference....

Agreed. It was at best "boderline" on that interference. However the last 2 interference (including the offensive one that forced Tynes very diffcult FG attempt at the last minute)was legit.

Speaking of lackluster offense, the other New York team clearly displayed that. It was shameful.

Very, very disappointed. I feel that Coughlin was too conservative with 15 seconds left. I felt that on 3rd down, he should have at least attempted to get 5 or more yards by getting a quick pass to the sidelines. If Sebastian Janikowski was our kicker, I would have no problem with a 54 yard attempt. Unfortunately, Tynes is no Janikowski and his career long was only 53...

Something that really perplexes me is that the Giants never run the hurry up outside of the 2 minute warning. You see all these great offense from the Saints, Packers, Patriots etc and they all master the hurry up. Eli Manning plays best in the hurry up offense. When the offense is struggling, Coughlin never goes to the no huddle. It mind boggles me a bit that you wouldn't play to your QB's strength...

Once again, disappointed at the loss last night. At least we play the Browns next..

It could be argued that the AFC East which only few years ago was among the better divisions in the NFL. Now in 2012 it maybe the worst. In a blowout scenrio the Pats might clinch the division by Mid Nov. Also neither the Jets, Bills or Fish finish even with 8 wins. :o

The AFC East has been lackluster for quite a while... The only real challenging division to play in is the AFC North, 3/4 teams are playoff contenders, and the West is coming down to anyones game nowadays... But as for the records, jets and bills probably go 9-7... Miami 8 at the most.

The AFC East has been lackluster for quite a while... The only real challenging division to play in is the AFC North, 3/4 teams are playoff contenders, and the West is coming down to anyones game nowadays... But as for the records, jets and bills probably go 9-7... Miami 8 at the most.

Sounds like you an AFC East fan VWM? The AFCE is not that great to have all 4 teams finish with 8 wins. I dont think ever in full 16-game non strike season any division since the modern NFL started in 1970, had all it's teams finish at least .500..

Sounds like you an AFC East fan VWM? The AFCE is not that great to have all 4 teams finish with 8 wins. I dont think ever in full 16-game non strike season any division since the modern NFL started in 1970, had all it's teams finish at least .500..

Yeah, I'll support an AFC east team for the most part, unless they're playing the Jets or Cardinals (yes, I support the Arizona Cardinals)...

Lol, I even supported New England in the last super bowl :D

Speaking of lackluster offense, the other New York team clearly displayed that. It was shameful.

Yes, they did.... Quite Embarrassingly at that.

I aint see the whole game, but what, they only crossed midfield like what, twice? 3 times.....

Looks like my theory on the Jets signing Tebow is being proven more & more.... They're using him & his name to sell tickets & keep themselves relevant in the media - Because god knows they aren't relevant out there on the field..... The Jets are not lettin go of their baby Sanchez no time soon.... They raised him, breastfed him, coddled him, and now he's a full grown BUM....

As long as Sanchez is a NY Jet, he's never going to grow as a QB....

Today's Sanchez will be the same sanchez 4 more NFL seasons down the line, if he even plays that long....

They really have nothin to lose by at least having Tebow QB for 1 full game this season - Outside of hurting the fragile little ego of Sanchez (well that, and making the NY Jets franchise out to be a bunch of hypocrites)..... The blatant idiocrity to have Tebow lining up as a wideout & on punt coverage so far this season.... Next they'll be having him hold for PAT's & drying footballs on the sideline for the damn punter !!!

AFC East = Patriots.... and those other 3 teams - that's how uncompetitive & insignificant they are.... Too bad the colts didn't/couldn't remain in that division.... I'm giving (Andrew) Luck a better chance to have a better overall career than Sanchez, that pass happy Fitzpatrick, and that kid Tannehill.... I don't know if it's their offensive system or what, but the Dolphins can't find a franchise QB to save their lives.....

AFC West I think is gonna be the most competitive division from top to bottom in the AFC in the future...

I mean, No one stands out in that division... Would not be surprised if everyone in that division ends up 8-8 at season's end....

Lol, I even supported New England in the last super bowl :D

Did you support these New England Patriots.... God did they suck !

!BzRtBcQBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!hoEw5GYZGe8BMVYs-0KO!~~_35.JPG

Did you support these New England Patriots.... God did they suck !

!BzRtBcQBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!hoEw5GYZGe8BMVYs-0KO!~~_35.JPG

Lol, they aren't the Giants...

But honestly, at some point they are going to start realizing Sanchez isn't the QB who led them to the playoffs in 2009-2010 (pretty sure those years) and putting in Tebow for a drive or two....

DIdn't know Romo threw 5 picks last night... I'm checking the boxscore in today's paper...

I only caught some of the 3rd quarter; didn't plan on watchin MNF in full anyway....

This man continues to be THE most overrated QB in all the NFL right now.... Even more than Philip Rivers...

DIdn't know Romo threw 5 picks last night... I'm checking the boxscore in today's paper...

I only caught some of the 3rd quarter; didn't plan on watchin MNF in full anyway....

This man continues to be THE most overrated QB in all the NFL right now.... Even more than Philip Rivers...

Romo is a descent but not great QB. While i agree he and Mr. Rivers are overrated, Romo would still be a starter for at least 50% other NFL teams. This Bears/Cowboys game on ESPN did a great rating and yet these teams are at best wild card contenders.

My friend sure is happy, he had Bears D/ST on Fantasy, lol

He should be.... I'd bet against Romo every single time.

Romo is a decent but not great QB. While i agree he and Mr. Rivers are overrated, Romo would still be a starter for at least 50% other NFL teams. This Bears/Cowboys game on ESPN did a great rating and yet these teams are at best wild card contenders.

That just tells me that half the league's QB's are bums (or young/rookies that aren't fully developed as NFL QB's); it doesn't say much about Romo himself....

Anyway, the ratings were good because because of the cowboys being either extremely liked or extremely hated (also, you don't know which team's gonna show out there; they're too inconsistent) & the fact that people want to see if the bears are good as advertised this year... NFL analysts have them going pretty far in the playoffs, since they gave forte the money he wanted & grabbed brandon marshall before season's beginning..... I also think that the over-praise that the bears are getting is due to how the packers went out in last year's NFC divisional playoffs (against the giants)....

Anyway, the ratings were good because because of the cowboys being either extremely liked or extremely hated (also, you don't know which team's gonna show out there; they're too inconsistent) & the fact that people want to see if the bears are good as advertised this year... NFL analysts have them going pretty far in the playoffs, since they gave forte the money he wanted & grabbed brandon marshall before season's beginning..... I also think that the over-praise that the bears are getting is due to how the packers went out in last year's NFC divisional playoffs (against the giants)....

And then the Vikings came along...

Week 5 Picks

Philadelphia 21 Pittsburgh 24

Baltimore 31 Kansas City 20

Cleveland 10 NY Giants 41

Miami 13 Cincinnati 27

Atlanta 34 Washington 23

Green Bay 31 Indianapolis 14

Seattle 17 Carolina 21

Chicago 24 Jacksonville 14

Tennessee 17 Minnesota 24

Denver 24 New England 41