2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

I say the Eagles or Seahawks, but I think that's a longshot surprise at best.

The Eagles I wont say is a "surprise" team. When healthy they an 'above team' and could be at least a wild card team. I say Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals are bigger surprises than the Eagles. The biggest one leaguewide so far IMO is the Vikings.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didyou even watch last week vs the Texans? It was pretty damn close... And they're a super bowl contender!

I tried to but I fell asleep lol, woke up sometime during the 4th Quarter and saw the score was 17 - 24.

With that being said, they surprised me today, GREAT win, I have hope for this season again, a lot of Jets fans was acting like the season was done because of Revis's injury, I think this team could make it to the playoffs now :D

I didn't see any of the afternoon games, as I was sleeping.... woke up when the giants were leading 10-3, then both teams missed a FG chance to go into halftime (tynes' got partially blocked, akers' missed just to the left)..... Good win for the giants...

How about the seahawks taking it to the pats... they're another team that's playing better than expected....

Just a question, who do you think is this years surprise team?

Easily the Vikings.... I didn't expect them to get 3 wins this entire season.... They already have 4.

Most the analysts I've heard, had them bringing up the rear in the NFC North...

Some random thoughts around the NFL. All of a sudden the NFC West can make argument for being among the best in NFL. Even the Rams are improving. And Pats losing to the Seahawks shows how New England is overrated. If Pats were not in weak AFC East, they are at best a 8-9 win team.

And finally great win by the Giants in SF. Shows Big Blue always plays well on the road and much better than at home. There a chance they could finish at season with 10-11 wins(better than last season w/ 9 wins)and not make it out of the divisional round. Just shows there NO GREAT TEAMS right now and a bunch of so-so clubs.

New England's been overrated for the past couple seasons now.... They really didn't belong in last year's superbowl....

Further proof that the NFC is slightly better "league" right now overall than the AFC. You have to go back to the late '90's for the NFL "senior" conference to have the better teams leaguewide than the AFC.

I'm impressed with both the way both NY teams played today. Too bad I couldn't watch either game.

In NCAA news the first BCS Standings have been unveiled. The SEC Dominates with 4 teams in the Top 10 including the top 2. (#1 Alabama and #2 Florida) Oregon for now ranks at #3.

MLB get hammered for having the same teams reach the world series i.e Yanks, Cards, etc and until recently the Phils and Red Sox. College Football polling system is a joke with Alabama, LSU and the SEC always in the major BCS games every year. At least in NCAA Basketball tournment, you get mid size schools as Butler getting to the Final 4.

Interesting. I thought this would be the other way around. So far no one in the AFC looks dominant.

Being fair no one is in the NFC either young man. This is the new norm for the NFL. It will be the "hottest" team (not the best) come playoff time, that will win the super bowl again. Sort of like the NCAA Hoops Tournment or the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs.

Philip rivers is a grade 'A' BUM.... The guy does everything to lose games.....

I don't wanna hear any comparisons of him to Eli Manning or Roethlisberger ever again.....

chargers once up 24-0 in this game, the broncos score 35 unanswered points in the 2nd half, thanks to charger turnovers in 5 of their last 6 possessions - including four straight turnovers to close the game out (3 INT's & 1 fumble)....

So in total, Rivers had 6 turnovers in the game (4 picks, 2 lost fumbles)

....game just ended, 35-24 broncos.... smh.

Philip rivers is a grade 'A' BUM.... The guy does everything to lose games.....

I don't wanna hear any comparisons of him to Eli Manning or Roethlisberger ever again.....

chargers once up 24-0 in this game, the broncos score 35 unanswered points in the 2nd half, thanks to charger turnovers in 5 of their last 6 possessions - including four straight turnovers to close the game out (3 INT's & 1 fumble)....

So in total, Rivers had 6 turnovers in the game (4 picks, 2 lost fumbles)

....game just ended, 35-24 broncos.... smh.

The Chagers was a *super bowl contender* 3-4 years ago. Now at best they will win 7-8 games this season in a league filled with so-so teams. San Diego's window to make a super bowl ended in January 2011 when the Jets beat them in the AFC playoffs.

LOL @ MNF "Showdown"

All i'm going to say is you have it in the bag with a 24-0 lead at the half...

I cannot wait for Week 16 for the Jets to romp the chargers. Another reason being we have a chargers fan in my school, we need to see who's got bragging rights

LOL @ MNF "Showdown"

All i'm going to say is you have it in the bag with a 24-0 lead at the half...

I cannot wait for Week 16 for the Jets to romp the chargers. Another reason being we have a chargers fan in my school, we need to see who's got bragging rights

Thanks VWM classmate is a Chargers fan (and probably never been to Calif lol)because he likes the teams colors. :o

Thanks VWM classmate is a Chargers fan (and probably never been to Calif lol)because he likes the teams colors. :o

funny thing is his brother is a Bengals fan and his dad a Cowboys fan :o talk about out of towners....

Norv Turner has a really hot seat right now. While Rivers is not an elite QB, Turner shouldn't be calling plays that allows him to force throws which end up being interceptions. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers have a coaching vacancy this offseason.

I am surprised Turner was not fired after end of last season with the Bolts. Turner and Bengals Coach Marv Lewis both have underperformed of last couple of years and should be gone by now.

And Andy Reid, should also be on the "Hot Seat" but too bad Eagles Owner Jeff Laurie treats him like a part of the family lol.

And Andy Reid, should also be on the "Hot Seat" but too bad Eagles Owner Jeff Laurie treats him like a part of the family lol.

you play in the same division as Manning #2... what can you really do, its almost impossible to win a NFC Wild Card

- I'm gonna say this, because it's annoying now....

It can't be just me that realizes that the Broncos defense got NO recognition for that comeback on monday....

You'd have thought Peyton threw for 5 touchdowns & 400+ damn yards with how he's getting damn near all the credit...

ESPN (of course) actually compared this past MNF game to a game where the colts played the bucs back in 2003 (which was also a MNF game... I remember that comeback too).... I'm like, you have to be kidding me... Those 2 games were NOTHING alike. The bucs in that game had one turnover.... The chargers on monday had SIX.... Rivers handed that game to the Broncos on a silver platter....

See, sports media knows Peyton's on the downslope of his career, so they're gonna use an occurrence (such as this) to have NFL fans believe the contrary... Of course, no one in that profession is gonna bring up what I just brought up b/c the man's been a face of the league (along w/ Ray Lewis... tough break what's happened to him) for a minute now.....

He did not will them to this comeback, nor did he really do anything individually that was all that spectacular.... If any of you saw the game, he was throwing a bunch of checkdowns the whole night.... Lot of wobbly thrown balls by Peyton in that game; hell, this season, thus far.... I'm still questioning his arm strength, but that's just me.....

The denial that he's not the same Peyton as he was during his stint with the colts, I have to say is quite sickening....

- As for the Eagles firing that defensive coordinator... Although the Eagles on defense haven't been (their trademark) blitz happy since jim johnson left, juan castillo being ousted was a convenient scapegoat.... I haven't seen every second of all 6 eagles games, but it's quite clear that something is amiss w/ that team - and it aint all on Vick either (although he aint helping matters either - he doesn't look comfortable running more plays that have him hanging in there as being more of a pocket passer, as opposed to the more scrambling, throwing on the run type of QB he's been throughout his career)....

Andy Reid's job might be on the line too if the Eagles (not just Vick) don't turn it around... They're one of the ugliest 3-3 teams in the league right now (by that I mean, their 3-3 feels more like a 1-5)....

..and for dude who asked (you know who you are), no, I'm not a sportswriter.... lol

Archived