2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to go off topic but further proof ESPN only promotes "Stars" and "Controversy" in their Sportscenter coverage. Up until Tebow busted on the scene in the NFL couple of years, their "golden boys" in pro football has been Brady, "Big Ben"(Until he got into legal trouble)and Peyton. Teams dont matter that much in the TMZ-themed Sportscenter. It's about "Hollywood" as we seen with Peyton, Tebow and Lebron.

- I'm gonna say this, because it's annoying now....

It can't be just me that realizes that the Broncos defense got NO recognition for that comeback on monday....

You'd have thought Peyton threw for 5 touchdowns & 400+ damn yards with how he's getting damn near all the credit...

ESPN (of course) actually compared this past MNF game to a game where the colts played the bucs back in 2003 (which was also a MNF game... I remember that comeback too).... I'm like, you have to be kidding me... Those 2 games were NOTHING alike. The bucs in that game had one turnover.... The chargers on monday had SIX.... Rivers handed that game to the Broncos on a silver platter....

See, sports media knows Peyton's on the downslope of his career, so they're gonna use an occurrence (such as this) to have NFL fans believe the contrary... Of course, no one in that profession is gonna bring up what I just brought up b/c the man's been a face of the league (along w/ Ray Lewis... tough break what's happened to him) for a minute now.....

He did not will them to this comeback, nor did he really do anything individually that was all that spectacular.... If any of you saw the game, he was throwing a bunch of checkdowns the whole night.... Lot of wobbly thrown balls by Peyton in that game; hell, this season, thus far.... I'm still questioning his arm strength, but that's just me.....

The denial that he's not the same Peyton as he was during his stint with the colts, I have to say is quite sickening....

- As for the Eagles firing that defensive coordinator... Although the Eagles on defense haven't been (their trademark) blitz happy since jim johnson left, juan castillo being ousted was a convenient scapegoat.... I haven't seen every second of all 6 eagles games, but it's quite clear that something is amiss w/ that team - and it aint all on Vick either (although he aint helping matters either - he doesn't look comfortable running more plays that have him hanging in there as being more of a pocket passer, as opposed to the more scrambling, throwing on the run type of QB he's been throughout his career)....

Andy Reid's job might be on the line too if the Eagles (not just Vick) don't turn it around... They're one of the ugliest 3-3 teams in the league right now (by that I mean, their 3-3 feels more like a 1-5)....

..and for dude who asked (you know who you are), no, I'm not a sportswriter.... lol

Not to go off topic but further proof ESPN only promotes "Stars" and "Controversy" in their Sportscenter coverage. Up until Tebow busted on the scene in the NFL couple of years, their "golden boys" in pro football has been Brady, "Big Ben"(Until he got into legal trouble)and Peyton. Teams dont matter that much in the TMZ-themed Sportscenter. It's about "Hollywood" as we seen with Peyton, Tebow and Lebron.

All true, but with this Manning comeback thing, it's not just ESPN.......

http://the506.com/nf...s/2012/wk7.html

Brennaman and Aikman have the Giants call for FOX and Nantz/Simms have the Jets vs Pats.

No offense but other than playoff games what so important about the announcers list Jubaion. Man you must dream and sleep calling the super bowl lol.

Best annoucning teams in NFL history IMO.

1)Summerall/Madden

2)Enberg/Olson

3)Gowdy/DeRogatis,

4)Micheals/Gifford/Dierdorf

No offense but other than playoff games what so important about the announcers list Jubaion. Man you must dream and sleep calling the super bowl lol.

Best annoucning teams in NFL history IMO.

1)Summerall/Madden

2)Enberg/Olson

3)Gowdy/DeRogatis,

4)Micheals/Gifford/Dierdorf

To answer the question in bold it's has more to do with the importance of the game than the announcers themselves. For example, Nantz/Simms are the lead team for CBS, meaning that whatever game they get assigned is the best one on the CBS lineup that week. I like sharing the announcers because the network's assignments of them (not them themselves) shines light on which games are being hyped and which ones aren't.

To answer the question in bold it's has more to do with the importance of the game than the announcers themselves. For example, Nantz/Simms are the lead team for CBS, meaning that whatever game they get assigned is the best one on the CBS lineup that week. I like sharing the announcers because the network's assignments of them (not them themselves) shines light on which games are being hyped ahs which ones aren't.

Lets see. Natnz and Simms will always be at a Jets, Pats, or Steelers game. When was last time they were at a Jaguars game lol. Or Buck/Simms at a Vikings game? I thought the NFL was suppose to mean all 32 teams on national tv across america all the time! (Not)

On serious matter although i know about the maxium amount of times a team can appear on SNF, MNF or Thursday games dont it was seems the Cowboys(who have not won a super bowl in over 15 years) Pats, Steelers, Packers and now he with the Broncos Peyton is on every damn week.

In NFL news, it is evidently clear that the NFL is America's #1 sport. The ten most viewed programs of the fall so far are ALL NFL games.

http://www.awfulanno...ving-in-it.html

Correction. The NFL is the most popular entertainment shows in America not just "sport." Hell NBC's Sunday Night Football was the #1 entertainment show for 2011-'12 season beating long time #1 "American Idol."

So this is already old news Jubaion. NFL is like the Olympics it's own "unquie" sport.

So... who else is PISSED that they took the NFL Network off channel 11 on cablevision & put the OWN (oprah) channel in it's place ???

I planned on watchin that seahawks/49ers game this past thursday too..... Looking at the score, guess I didn't miss much; then again w/ the way the 49ers play, I can't expect much offense.... But I still wanna see this seahawks defense that's being glorified as of late & this Wilson kid as well....

Week 7 Picks

Washington 17 NY Giants 28

Tennessee 10 Buffalo 20

New Orleans 23 Tampa Bay 24

Dallas 20 Carolina 14

Baltimore 24 Houston 26

Cleveland 10 Indianapolis 13

Green Bay 31 St. Louis 13

Arizona 13 Minnesota 20

NY Jets 20 New England 24

Jacksonville 21 Oakland 27

Pittsburgh 30 Cincinnati 21

Detroit 23 Chicago 29

- They needed a last second td to beat the redskins?

Exactly why I don't follow the giants like that.... last time I watched a giants game was back when they played the eagles like 3 weeks ago.

- Dallas is even worse, needing 2 FG's in the latter stages of the game to hold off the stinkin panthers.....

- As for the Texans, I knew there was nothin to worry about with them after last week's packers matchup.... They blew out the ravens by 30 points today...

Wow Cromartie, who is supposedly one of the best receiving DBs drops the INT..

Shame... Sanchez's fumble ends the game. Still, I'm very impressed with the Jets. They gave all they had and it was just short. However, the Jets gotta work on the ball security issue with Sanchez..

If i'm Baltimore, it's almost time to press the panic button. Flacco has not played on the elite QB level and the defense has shown aging this season. They barely squeaked by teams like Kansas City, New England and Dallas, now this blowout loss against Houston.

Let's not get started with the Patriots. Unless this team gets hot it will be one-and-done in the playoffs, if they make it.

If i'm Baltimore, it's almost time to press the panic button. Flacco has not played on the elite QB level and the defense has shown aging this season. They barely squeaked by teams like Kansas City, New England and Dallas, now this blowout loss against Houston.

Let's not get started with the Patriots. Unless this team gets hot it will be one-and-done in the playoffs, if they make it.

Jubaion if you read my past comments in last few weeks(which you probably dont lol)The AFC is the weakest its been since the mid 1990's i.e Buffalo making 4 straight losing trips to the Super Bowl. Even with Houston(i hate the "texans" name they should be called the "oilers" but that for another chat) being called the best in AFC at moment, I am not convinced they can beat good NFC teams in super bowl i.e 49ers, Giants, Falcons or even Bears in New Orleans in early Feb.

Jubaion if you read my past comments in last few weeks(which you probably dont lol)The AFC is the weakest its been since the mid 1990's i.e Buffalo making 4 straight losing trips to the Super Bowl. Even with Houston(i hate the "texans" name they should be called the "oilers" but that for another chat) being called the best in AFC at moment, I am not convinced they can beat good NFC teams in super bowl i.e 49ers, Giants, Falcons or even Bears in New Orleans in early Feb.

I'm not convinced either. I think their blowout loss at home to Green Bay shows where the AFC's "cream of the crop" stands up compared to the NFC. Things could change, but the prognosis is not good.

Archived