2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

Off topic but related. Congrats to the Toronto Argos the 2012 CFL Grey Cup champions. The Argos (sneaking as a 'wild card' with a 9-9 record season record)at Rogers Center Skydome beat Calgary the #2 seed 35-22. I dont understand why a team not with a winning record can win a league title? Maybe CFL superfan Tokemon can better explain. Matter of fact in 2012 CFL season, only Calgary and British Columbia had above .500 winning records.

http://en.wikipedia....2012_CFL_season

FYI. Justin Bieber a native of Ontario, fresh off winning the 2012 American Music Awards "Artist of the Year" was booed during his halftime show.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- San Diego stinks... they always find ways to lose games.

- I understand the Browns aint got much goin for them, but that's 8 extra possessions though... I didn't watch that game, but it must've been the steelers defense keeping them in it.....

- What I'm laughing at is Rodgers & his grossly over-praised ass looking flustered out there tonight.... Cobb isn't doin jack out there, so Rodgers has no other receiver to ride the coat tails of.... Finley dropping passes & Nelson unable to get open... Add to that they have no answer for Osi, and that's why the Packers only got 10 pts. going into the 4th... They're not letting Rodgers run around like a chicken with his head cut off.... That's how he's able to pick teams apart....

The commentators mentioned the absence of Matthews (that's who's missing out there... I knew somethin looked different w/ their defense).... Although the giants most likely wouldn't have 38 points if he was playing, they'd still be leading this game....

Yeah, I'm a bad winner... I hope the giants put up 50+ tonight... F' the packers.

Except for the Giants game, I haven't seen such crappy football in one week in a long time.

On Black Friday I wondered if I could get a discount on all Jets merchandise because of their absolutely abysmal performance. No one took me up on my offer despite all the sales everywhere.

The 49ers and Saints was just painful to watch Brees not being Brees. I really wonder if that was an off game or he's past his prime. Someone with more experience in Quarterback longevity should talk about that.

And seriously, the Steelers losing to the BROWNS?! Of all teams they have to embarrass themselves in front of, the BROWNS?! Who in the NFL actually loses to the Browns?!

Apparently the Chargers, who are now officially the suckiest team ever. They even made the Jets look good this week.

As my brother said today, the Chargers giving up 4th Down and 29 was just a Microcosm of the Chargers' existence of the past six years.

Actually, no, I lied. The Packers did play sucky football too. It's just the Giants handed it to them so well that their misfortunes were glossed over.

Off topic but related. Congrats to the Toronto Argos the 2012 CFL Grey Cup champions. The Argos (sneaking as a 'wild card' with a 9-9 record season record)at Rogers Center Skydome beat Calgary the #2 seed 35-22. I dont understand why a team not with a winning record can win a league title? Maybe CFL superfan Tokemon can better explain. Matter of fact in 2012 CFL season, only Calgary and British Columbia had above .500 winning records.

http://en.wikipedia....2012_CFL_season

FYI. Justin Bieber a native of Ontario, fresh off winning the 2012 American Music Awards "Artist of the Year" was booed during his halftime show.

It really has to do with there's so few teams. With only 8 teams in the league it is easy for a team with a losing record scramble their way to the top, especially if all the teams in their conference suck. The Argonauts have never been known as a super-duper winning team so it is unusual in the first place that they even make it to the Grey Cup. But so be it. I'm happy my team won last year's cup (B.C. Lions in the 99th at BC Place).

Oh, and the Bieber thing was hilarious. He showed up earlier in the week to the Prime Minister in overalls and a backwards cap to receive some award thing. The kid has no dignity for anything and is a great microcosm of what's wrong with the youth generation, at least from the POV of the older folks. So it's no surprise that he is no longer welcome in Canada (if he ever was in the first place).

It really has to do with there's so few teams. With only 8 teams in the league it is easy for a team with a losing record scramble their way to the top, especially if all the teams in their conference suck. The Argonauts have never been known as a super-duper winning team so it is unusual in the first place that they even make it to the Grey Cup. But so be it. I'm happy my team won last year's cup (B.C. Lions in the 99th at BC Place).

Oh, and the Bieber thing was hilarious. He showed up earlier in the week to the Prime Minister in overalls and a backwards cap to receive some award thing. The kid has no dignity for anything and is a great microcosm of what's wrong with the youth generation, at least from the POV of the older folks. So it's no surprise that he is no longer welcome in Canada (if he ever was in the first place).

Bad job by Bieber. :angry: At very least(not saying suit & tie)he should wore a sports jacket and slacks when he met PM Harper. Not going to turn this into a Bieber thread but if would be like a super bowl champion player going to meet President Obama in speedos and t-shirt.

In nutshell if story is true, Bieber more than deserves boos. :angry::(

How about them Eagles, Jets, Chargers, and Cowboys? My, how the mighty have fallen. I think these franchises need a coaching, GM, and/or ownership change. Even one of my favorites, the Steelers, have fallen on hard times although I don't think they are in the category of the others yet. I heard "Fireman Ed" gave up on the J-E-T-S because the rowdy fans gave him a hard time. Guess the Jets and Eagle fans are reverting to their drunken roots, LOL. Anyone have any ideas on how to save these franchises? Should we even care? Carry on.

I haven't seen such crappy football in one week in a long time.

I've said that for (weeks of) more than half the season so far.... Too many people I know are saying the same thing w/ the lack of quality of football week-in & week-out this year..... IMO, the state of football is changing, and it's not for the better.

How about them Eagles, Jets, Chargers, and Cowboys? My, how the mighty have fallen. I think these franchises need a coaching, GM, and/or ownership change. Even one of my favorites, the Steelers, have fallen on hard times although I don't think they are in the category of the others yet. I heard "Fireman Ed" gave up on the J-E-T-S because the rowdy fans gave him a hard time. Guess the Jets and Eagle fans are reverting to their drunken roots, LOL. Anyone have any ideas on how to save these franchises? Should we even care? Carry on.

- Eagles simply need new talent on both sides of the ball....

- Cowboys biggest asset is their biggest liability - Jerry Jones.

- Jets need a new coach & and a goddamn quarterback not named sanchez or tebow.... Tannenbaum is not helping, either....

- Chargers I don't have an immediate solution for; don't watch them enough (I don't know if it's lack of heart, or just poor coaching overall (poor late game execution) as to why they can't close out these games)

I mean, how did the NFC East go from one of, if not the most competitive division in the league, to an absolute joke overnight......

LMAO... Fireman Ed gave up on them? that's like Jack Nicholson giving up on the Lakers or something.....

Let's just hope jet fans don't resort to throwing up on people like phillies fans, or trying to pee on the refs as they go into the tunnel like browns fans.......

Bad job by Bieber. :angry: At very least(not saying suit & tie)he should wore a sports jacket and slacks when he met PM Harper. Not going to turn this into a Bieber thread but if would be like a super bowl champion player going to meet President Obama in speedos and t-shirt.

In nutshell if story is true, Bieber more than deserves boos. :angry::(

This: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/justin-bieber-awarded-diamond-jubilee-medal-by-stephen-harper-1.1051944

Shame on the NFL for not flexing the Tampa Bay vs Denver game into SNF. That is clearly a better game than Philly vs Dallas. Those squads are both jokes this season and out of playoff contention where both Tampa Bay and Denver are in the postseaon race. :angry:

Jubai it's a business decision. Even in mighty NFL, there big market teams. Even crappy Eagles vs Cowboys will get a better rating than Tampa vs. Denver(even featuring Peyton).

Plus NBC is only allowed if i am not mistaken, couple of times a season to flex games from Fox and CBS games.

How to save Jets? Get WRs and an Offensive line. Sanchez isn't a bad quarterback, he can make plays with his arm, but he just has not as much talent around him as he started (many veteran WRs) and now they've really draind... at least Kerley is monster when he has the ball in his hands...

How to save Jets? Get WRs and an Offensive line. Sanchez isn't a bad quarterback, he can make plays with his arm, but he just has not as much talent around him as he started (many veteran WRs) and now they've really draind... at least Kerley is monster when he has the ball in his hands...

No one is saying Sanchez is cough cough Eli, Peyton, Brady or Brees and Rogers. However in a heartbeat teams like the Raiders, Cardinals, Browns, Dolphins, just to name a few clubs would be very happy with Mark as their starter qb if gang green dumped him.

No one is saying Sanchez is cough cough Eli, Peyton, Brady or Brees and Rogers. However in a heartbeat teams like the Raiders, Cardinals, Browns, Dolphins, just to name a few clubs would be very happy with Mark as their starter qb if gang green dumped him.

I'm just getting tired of people saying it's Tebow time since Sanchez threw a goddamn incompletion...

I'm just getting tired of people saying it's Tebow time since Sanchez threw a goddamn incompletion...

I'm not even a jet fan & I'm sick of "tebow time", and the man hardly plays....

I wonder if Tebow himself seriously realizes that he's been relegated to nothing more than a gimmick on this team.

Rex will get at least 1 more season in 2013 to turn it around. However it wont shock me if the current Jets GM is the one that get fired though at end of season.

Yea, I feel after this season some heads will roll. More Sanchez than Ryan though.

That's a bit dramatic don't you think?

I take it you think its dramatic, which is fine. Mind you, the Jets have gone through four coaches since 2000 (a coach every three years), so its not completely implausible nor dramatic by Jets standards.

Will this be the end of Rex Ryan's career? How about Mark Sanchez?

I don't think your question is dramatic at all....

My opinion on this is.... I don't think Ryan is going anywhere no time soon; Tannenbaum would get rid of Sanchez before getting rid of Ryan..... Rex Ryan's optimism I find to be scary; worse, it's a detriment to the team (gassin these players heads up)...

But I guess allegiance (ok, flat out ass kissing) gets you pretty far with some people....

As for Sanchez, they're keeping him around b/c he's home grown (so to speak) & they still believe in him...

I don't think your question is dramatic at all....

My opinion on this is.... I don't think Ryan is going anywhere no time soon; Tannenbaum would get rid of Sanchez before getting rid of Ryan..... Rex Ryan's optimism I find to be scary; worse, it's a detriment to the team (gassin these players heads up)...

But I guess allegiance (ok, flat out ass kissing) gets you pretty far with some people....

As for Sanchez, they're keeping him around b/c he's home grown (so to speak) & they still believe in him...

Keep in mind, Tim Tebow was not a Tannenbaum/Ryan decision. It's was Woody Johnson call as a desparte way to get sell tickets & also get some attention away from the Giants who win the super bowl.

Some argument can be made that the Giants have almost caught the Yankees as NYC/NJ most popular sports team.

Keep in mind, Tim Tebow was not a Tannenbaum/Ryan decision. It's was Woody Johnson call as a desparte way to get sell tickets & also get some attention away from the Giants who win the super bowl.

Some argument can be made that the Giants have almost caught the Yankees as NYC/NJ most popular sports team.

That much is known (about woody johnson), and his plan is working.. NY sports media has been doing more talking about the Jets than the Giants.... ESPN of course stays shitting on the Giants just about every chance they get, but they treat the situation w/ the Jets like it's another story (because the Jets are stinkin right now).... Let there be a season where the Jets & the Giants are playing good football....

Yeah, you said that before about the giants perhaps catching the yankees in overall popularity.... I don't see it happening, to tell the truth....

Archived