2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

I was reading the recap of the Oakland-Chiefs game on scorecenter and it said something along the lines of this..

"Palmer throws an interception, and on the next Chiefs play, Cassel fumbles the snap. Normal occurences when the league's worst meet."

This makes me laugh.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL Week 9 Picks

Arizona 10 Green Bay 31

Denver 30 Cincinnati 28

Buffalo 10 Houston 34

Chicago 28 Tennessee 21

Miami 12 Indianapolis 23

Carolina 23 Washington 24

Detroit 32 Jacksonville 13

Baltimore 31 Cleveland 14

Minnesota 21 Seattle 24

Tampa Bay 23 Oakland 21

Pittsburgh 21 NY Giants 31

Dallas 21 Atlanta 40

Philadelphia 10 New Orleans 27

P.S.- There are some interesting NCAA games on right now

Eli Manning has played as bad Mark Sanchez today...

10/24, 125 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 41.1 QB Rating

Something is really wrong with the Giants passing game. Past few weeks have been mediocre at best/ the play calling is too predictable and even I could call the damn plays... Kevin Killdrive Gilbride

First down: HB Dive

Second Down: Fail pass play

Third down: Back shoulder fade to the sideline

Fourth down: Punt

End zone:

First down: Shotgun draw

Second down: Shotgun draw

Third down: fade to the corner

Forth down: Field goal

^this is basically the Giants offensive attack now... this team could be so much better with a REAL offensive coordinator

Eli Manning has played as bad Mark Sanchez today...

10/24, 125 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 41.1 QB Rating

Something is really wrong with the Giants passing game. Past few weeks have been mediocre at best/ the play calling is too predictable and even I could call the damn plays... Kevin Killdrive Gilbride

First down: HB Dive

Second Down: Fail pass play

Third down: Back shoulder fade to the sideline

Fourth down: Punt

End zone:

First down: Shotgun draw

Second down: Shotgun draw

Third down: fade to the corner

Forth down: Field goal

^this is basically the Giants offensive attack now... this team could be so much better with a REAL offensive coordinator

True. The Steelers are a good team (they recently won a super bowl 3-4 years back)but they are not the same as the 2008 team that won it all. Still with the Met Life/Meadowlands crowd really into the game after a tragic week in the metro area, Giants should have won this game.

I agree with YankeesPwnMets that if things broke right, Giants could easily had only lost 1 game right now.

Pittsburgh deserved to win that game yesterday. Their 4th quarter performance was impressive. Norte Dame drops a spot in the BCS rankings because Pittsburgh played them close to 3 overtimes. I am looking forward to the Eagles vs Saints matchup tonight. I picked these clubs as my wild cards to begin the season and now they both suck. This is a must win for Philly as a win here plus at Dallas next week can get them back in it. If I can rescind my NFC predictions to begin the year I now have Green Bay and Seattle as wild cards with Atlanta of course winning the South (why on earth did I pick Carolina for that?)

Midseason Awards Predictions

MVP- Peyton Manning (He's been on fire and leading the Broncos to win after win)

Coach of the Year- Lovie Smith (He is doing a great job with this overachieving Bears squad)

These are the only 2 awards that matter so I won't post any others.

In a very weak AFC while Houston is still the favorite to reach the super bowl, IMO a suprise(sleeper)team that could make to New Orleans is the Broncos.

NFL Week 10 Picks

Denver 23 Carolina 12

Atlanta 20 New Orleans 21

NY Giants 31 Cincinnati 10

Buffalo 13 New England 23

Tennessee 21 Miami 14

Detroit 34 Minnesota 10

San Diego 21 Tampa Bay 23

Oakland 21 Baltimore 30

NY Jets 21 Seattle 24

Dallas 13 Philadelphia 34

St. Louis 23 San Francisco 32

Houston 17 Chicago 21

Kansas City 0 Pittsburgh 21

In other news... I have submitted my Pro Bowl ballot. PM me to find out who I voted for.

Why did Coughlin put Diehl back in again? He's been terrible. Absolutely terrible

-Edit- THank god for the bye week next week.

Losing to the Steelers a regular super bowl contender, even at home is no disgrace. However (as of this writing) for the Giants to be getting their butts kicked in Cincy against at best a medicore Bengals club does make your head shake. There no excuse with a fairly health club in Big Blue right now, losing to Cincy even on the road at Paul Brown Stadium.

Only saving grace for Coughlin and crew is that the NFC East is maybe the weakest it's been ever (since the division started following the 1970 Merger that began the "modern" NFL). Still the Giants with their talent, should be a 12-13 win club and now instead will likely go 10-6 or 9-7 and another #3 or #4 seed again with *no bye" in the wild card/1st round of NFC playoffs.

Losing to the Steelers a regular super bowl contender, even at home is no disgrace. However (as of this writing) for the Giants to be getting their butts kicked in Cincy against at best a medicore Bengals club does make your head shake. There no excuse with a fairly health club in Big Blue right now, losing to Cincy even on the road at Paul Brown Stadium.

Only saving grace for Coughlin and crew is that the NFC East is maybe the weakest it's been ever (since the division started following the 1970 Merger that began the "modern" NFL). Still the Giants with their talent, should be a 12-13 win club and now instead will likely go 10-6 or 9-7 and another #3 or #4 seed again with *no bye" in the wild card/1st round of NFC playoffs.

In other NFL news, in bit of a mild surprise the Falcons are no longer unbeaten. Saints win against their division rivals.

http://www.nfl.com/

Jets about to lose in Pacific Northwest to the Seahawks. This pretty much makes it slim and none they make the 2012-'13 post season.

Meanwhile in Philly (as of this writing) in battle to stay alive in playoff contention with the loser of this match & their season is about done, Cowboys lead the Birds 31-17.

Will not be surprised when Tebow gets the starting job next year. The jets offense is horrible, but at least thier D/ST are good.

EDIT: at least I can stand to watch the rest of the season, the schedule is easy as cheese.

Shifting gears. Intresting profile couple of weeks ago from 60 Minutes on the NFL's new owner Shahid Khan. And how he plans to improve the Jags and keeping the team in Fla. Despite offers to move the team to LA, San Antonio, Toronto and London. Khan is also the first Non Caucasian Majority Owner ever of a NFL team.

http://www.cbsnews.c...y;storyMediaBox

Archived