2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

Sad News. According to multi media reports Chiefs Linebacker Jovan Belcher has killed himself this morning (12/1/12)at team pratice faciltilies. Belcher is reported to have shot and killed his girlfriend and then later took his own life. Also Belcher has local metro ties as a native of Long Island. reactions?

jovan-belcher.jpg

http://www.kmbc.com/...3z/-/index.html

http://en.wikipedia....i/Jovan_Belcher

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- I don't feel sorry for that Chiefs player... At all.....

You're man enough to fatally shoot your girlfriend over some argument, you deserve to die.... He chose to go Benoit style, so be it.

- Damn, fat boy was right.... Georgia can't win a big game to save their lives....

Once I saw 'Bama score those 10 points (which could've been 14 if saban didn't have a lapse in judgment) to end the 1st half that made it 10-7, I figured they were going to win..... Didn't bother watching any of the 2nd half.... Saw the replay of that last Bulldog drive after the game was over... LMAO, wtf was that last play?? Terrible 1] decision & 2] play call by the coach, knowing you have no timeouts & HAVE to get it in the end zone, down 4.....

I'm still gonna say this though... Alabama (especially McCarron) is overrated.... Not as good as advertised.

You're man enough to fatally shoot your girlfriend over some argument, you deserve to die.... He chose to go Benoit style, so be it.

- Damn, fat boy was right.... Georgia can't win a big game to save their lives....

Once I saw 'Bama score those 10 points (which could've been 14 if saban didn't have a lapse in judgment) to end the 1st half that made it 10-7, I figured they were going to win..... Didn't bother watching any of the 2nd half.... Saw the replay of that last Bulldog drive after the game was over... LMAO, wtf was that last play?? Terrible 1] decision & 2] play call by the coach, knowing you have no timeouts & HAVE to get it in the end zone, down 4.....

I'm still gonna say this though... Alabama (especially McCarron) is overrated.... Not as good as advertised.

+1 on your first point. I didn't see McCarron throw the ball at all. Everytime I looked either Lacey or Yeldon were ripping off a run of 10+ yards. I would like to see if this Bama team will blow out Norte Dame as some of the ESPN heads have tried to suggest.

+1 on your first point. I didn't see McCarron throw the ball at all. Everytime I looked either Lacey or Yeldon were ripping off a run of 10+ yards. I would like to see if this Bama team will blow out Norte Dame as some of the ESPN heads have tried to suggest.

I didn't watch the whole game, but the only two times I saw the guy throw the ball was on that deep play in the 2nd qtr to start off the drive, and the interception in the end zone to close out that same drive.... You're right, this offense relies heavily on lacy & that kid yeldon.....

As for the title game, I'll be sure to miss it... Looks like it's gonna be a snorefest; one of those low scoring "field possession" games.

Don't see this alabama team blowing out the irish like a lot of people are predicting.....

Got agree B35. The media is focused on Belcher i.e was ped's/steriods to hits from game a factor for this murder-sucicide. Yet just got home little ago and it seems the local nyc news channels i.e Ch.2 showed how his LI town was mourning a so called "hero." Ditto for national news.

Yet very little mention of the g/f and mom of his infant child. Another example of celebs whether from Hollywood or Sport getting more attention than the people who deserve it.

Yet according to stories online, Belcher has been a "hot head' getting in trouble(not arrestred though) with previous girlfriends. All i can say is i dont feel sorry for Belcher either.

Highlighting the 1pm 'early games." Jets barely win 7-6 to improve to 5-7. Both teams stunk with the Jets having to rely on the run to win. Sanchez got benched in the 3rd.

Detroit loses another close game. That defense can't make a critical stop to save their lives.

The 49ers and Rams are on their way to another tie. Take that back, the Rams won.

Chicago loses putting themselves in a 1st place tie with Green Bay in the NFC North. This is the only division up for grabs at the moment.

New England and Atlanta each clinched division titles this week, Houston has clinched a playoff berth.

Denver has clinched their division title as well.

smh @ the lions.... nice comeback by Luck & the colts.... I've never seen a NFL team actually play a prevent defense on their own 20 yard line.... I say "actually" b/c I remember winning nfl2k games the same exact way the colts did today - quick dump off pass to the short receiver that ended up walkin it in for the TD.....

With a rarity coming in few weeks at end of regular season w/ week 17, & most if not all of the playoff spots decided by then, does it impact the tv ratings? :o

Back to Jets. Honestly I am surprised it took this long for Ryan to bench Sanchez. Looks like Tebow is more injured than anyone can imgaine.

And it looks like the Jets lost out big time. I was on the record saying I believe Peyton would've been a good influence to Sanchez the way Kurt warner was for Eli. Have the veteran teach the young guy and hopefully he becomes better. All the Tebow thing did is pressure Sanchez to the point where he's looking over his shoulder with people screaming for Tebow to take over. And now when Tebow had a chance to start, he's injured. It's like some curse on the team, there's no way of explaining it.

Good move Rex, finally getting your head out of the clouds... The jags game is on the road. Tebow should play (if healthy, imo) and sanchez should be benched. He could've done it week 9, and should've. But at least we got our run game going, hasn't happened so often and Arizona's defense is not to shabby...

Redskins edge it out against the Giants, 17-16.....

Penalties killed the giants in this game... way too much RG 3 dickriding in this game; you'd have thought he was the only player on the field if you listened in on the radio

So I wasn't the only one that noticed that. For some reason there still is an NFC East race which I find to be a joke. All of the other divisions are just about clinched.

Redskins edge it out against the Giants, 17-16.....

Penalties killed the giants in this game... way too much RG 3 dickriding in this game; you'd have thought he was the only player on the field if you listened in on the radio

The brilliant football minds on ESPN television were unsure whether to ride Eli or RG3 so they rode both QBs hard all game. Osi, Garcon, Morris, Nicks and Cruz got mentioned a few times but the defenses of both teams rarely got a mention. To listen to ESPN TV, RG3 and Eli were playing a football version of H-O-R-S-E while the defenses and special teams sat on the sidelines and watched the game on monitors. That's when they weren't promoting " 11-1 Houston and the 9-3 Patriots next Monday night". The announcers and analysts on ESPN are nothing more than shills on any sport they"cover". Sorry for the rant folks. Carry on.

So I wasn't the only one that noticed that.

For some reason there still is an NFC East race which I find to be a joke. All of the other divisions are just about clinched.

Yeh, at one point I had turned the channel for a couple mins (toward the middle of the 3rd qtr)....

The fact that a race is being made out of the NFC East, that I gotta blame solely on the giants.... they are letting teams like dallas & washington hang around in this division.... Then again, I wouldn't want to be the #1 or #2 seed either.... But damn, don't screw around & start losing games you should be winning either.....

The brilliant football minds on ESPN television were unsure whether to ride Eli or RG3 so they rode both QBs hard all game. Osi, Garcon, Morris, Nicks and Cruz got mentioned a few times but the defenses of both teams rarely got a mention. To listen to ESPN TV, RG3 and Eli were playing a football version of H-O-R-S-E while the defenses and special teams sat on the sidelines and watched the game on monitors. That's when they weren't promoting " 11-1 Houston and the 9-3 Patriots next Monday night". The announcers and analysts on ESPN are nothing more than shills on any sport they"cover". Sorry for the rant folks. Carry on.

Nothing to be sorry about..... and yeah, the redskins run defense is really what won them the game, but of course that's not how it's all gonna be spun.....

ESPN despises NY based teams, especially the giants (and the yankees, but that's another sport obviously).... They hate on them every chance they get, and tonight's game was not much different.... It was clear as day to me they wanted the redskins to win - Especially when they got that last TD to make it 17-16 (I had the TV volume rather low, and I still heard them from a couple feet away; I wasn't at the television @ the time, so I didn't see how they scored... I'm guessing it was a passing TD).....

Sure they mentioned Eli (to be honest, I think ESPN only gives him his due b/c they love themselves some peyton manning, not solely for the fact that Eli himself actually has 2 championships & what he's been doing in a lot of these 4th quarters'.... I've always felt as if the props they give eli is somewhat disingenuous), but they were dickriding RG 3 throughout the whole game - Even when the Giants were on offense (in that 2nd half)! You can't say the same for their mentions of Eli throughout the game....

Don't know if you saw that first TD the redskins got (1st qtr), but one of the announcers goes "....the Magic of RG 3", this that & the third.... smh... What happened was he ran to about the 10 yard line, got tackled, fumbled before he hit the turf, and the ball luckily ended up in the hands of one of the skins receivers..... I'm sure it's on nfl.com b/c it was a scoring play.... I'm sittin there like what f****n magic, He Fumbled....

Last night's loss I have to blame on the offense. When the defense holds the dynamic Washington offense to 17 points, you HAVE to win. Say all you want about giving up 200+ rushing yards, but that doesn't mean jack shit considering how the Giants absolutely dominated Time of Possession early on. The penalties by the offense was inexcusable. The botched snap by Zak DeOssie was unexcusable. Passing it to Victor Cruz 5 yards short the first down marker on 3rd and 10? Fk off.... I don't know why the Giants keep this idiot Gilbride around because I can call a better game then this brainless airhead. Why are you trying a middle screen on a 3rd and 20? THE PLAY WAS BROKEN ONCE IT STARTED. TEST THE VERTICAL THREAT. Jesus. When Gilbride calls plays I wanna slap myself. Eli should just become Peyton and ignore everything Gilbride calls... Eli should call his own plays, not shitty screens on 3rd and 20, or a 5 yard pass on 3&10.

Last night's loss I have to blame on the offense. When the defense holds the dynamic Washington offense to 17 points, you HAVE to win. Say all you want about giving up 200+ rushing yards, but that doesn't mean jack shit considering how the Giants absolutely dominated Time of Possession early on. The penalties by the offense was inexcusable. The botched snap by Zak DeOssie was unexcusable. Passing it to Victor Cruz 5 yards short the first down marker on 3rd and 10? Fk off.... I don't know why the Giants keep this idiot Gilbride around because I can call a better game then this brainless airhead. Why are you trying a middle screen on a 3rd and 20? THE PLAY WAS BROKEN ONCE IT STARTED. TEST THE VERTICAL THREAT. Jesus. When Gilbride calls plays I wanna slap myself. Eli should just become Peyton and ignore everything Gilbride calls... Eli should call his own plays, not shitty screens on 3rd and 20, or a 5 yard pass on 3&10.

Good point. Maybe our most passionate NFL Giants fan on the boards :lol: . If Eli and company score another TD in the red zone, they would have won the game.

The Giants since 2007 are like the 1990's Knicks of the Patrick Ewing era minus the championships though.

I'm not gonna go crazy on play calls when you take yourselves out of drives with stupid penalties; which the Giants were keeping themselves in check with all season, up until this game for some reason......

Those long drives the giants had on offense in that 1st half only gave the redskins hope IMO.... I just talked to my lil bro about this; What seems to be missing in today's NFL in general is teams putting away teams when they have the chance.... Way too many comebacks are happening - although that can be a good thing, it happening league-wide for the past handful of yrs or so, at the frequency it's been happening presents a bit of a problem IMO.... This is why I really have no problem when Belichick (for example) runs up the score.....

Regarding last night's game, I felt the gameplan should've been opting to get into a shootout with the redskins, not the whole ball control/"possession of time" game (like they were doing in that 1st half especially); like they were tryna keep RG3 off the field.... When you play not to lose, you tend to end up losing anyway..... My thing w/ the Giants is that, it's almost like they're afraid to put up the amt. of points they're capable of week in & week out.... Then of course, you have their problems scoring (TD's) in the red zone..... Again, I find it hard to watch this team week after week; if this was a sunday night matchup, I most likely wouldn't have watched it.....

The conservative offensive calls by Kevin Gilbride has consistently held back the potential for this offense.

Not to mention since Rich Seubert and Shaun O Hara have been cut, the OLine hasn't been the same. The Giants need to start finding long term guys on the line who will protect Manning for many years to come. Remember the consistent, veteran group of David Diehl, Rich Seubert, Shaun O Hara, Chris Snee and Kareem McKenzie? The Giants need to find long term replacements for basically ALL of them... Snee could wait a few years but I don't think there is any doubt that his play is declining now.

I'm not gonna go crazy on play calls when you take yourselves out of drives with stupid penalties; which the Giants were keeping themselves in check with all season, up until this game for some reason......

Those long drives the giants had on offense in that 1st half only gave the redskins hope IMO.... I just talked to my lil bro about this; What seems to be missing in today's NFL in general is teams putting away teams when they have the chance.... Way too many comebacks are happening - although that can be a good thing, it happening league-wide for the past handful of yrs or so, at the frequency it's been happening presents a bit of a problem IMO.... This is why I really have no problem when Belichick (for example) runs up the score.....

Regarding last night's game, I felt the gameplan should've been opting to get into a shootout with the redskins, not the whole ball control/"possession of time" game (like they were doing in that 1st half especially); like they were tryna keep RG3 off the field.... When you play not to lose, you tend to end up losing anyway..... My thing w/ the Giants is that, it's almost like they're afraid to put up the amt. of points they're capable of week in & week out.... Then of course, you have their problems scoring (TD's) in the red zone..... Again, I find it hard to watch this team week after week; if this was a sunday night matchup, I most likely wouldn't have watched it.....

Actually with so much mediocrity aka parity with so many 6-8 win teams in the league now, Godell, most NFL owners and the exces at the NFL TV partners i.e Fox, NBC, CBS and ESPN love this system as B35 points out how teams blows leads even the playoff and super bowl contenders like the Giants. It a huge factor why the NFL is still getting at or near record tv ratings. With the teams so close to each other and the NFL after soccer the most gambled sports league in the world, the unpredictable scores makes viewers want to watch these games. Even MNF's Giants/Redskins game which until the 4th period was mostly a snooze fest.

Archived