2012 NFL and NCAA Football Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the game yesterday, didn't realize somebody posted it here. That was BS at the end of the game and everyone knows the Packers deserved that winning touchdown. The Refs are really screwing up this season and I hear this has happened in several games already. I was happy to see the Jets win a game on Sunday.

Leaving aside Monday night's controversy for a moment, did anyone watch the whole production including the pre-game? I watched it all and it seems to me that the talking heads at ESPN already had the Packers in the Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers penciled in as MVP. Some of the Seahawks must have seen the same thing 'cause in the first half they stomped on the Packer's O Line and put a hurt on the GB quarterback. If that's the best GB and Rodgers can do I think they better lower their sights to just making the playoffs and take it from there. As for some of those ESPN talking heads well I just remembered why I dislike watching that network. Clowns reffing rhe game and clowns doing "analysis". What a combo. Carry on.

VWM the point is, 20 years-plus from now, no one is going to remember that stat. It will be about that damn wrong call! :o

I know! (Unless they get to the playoffs/bowl) At least they pointed it out. The NFC West is full of talent.

Bout time...they made fools of themselves out there, and the NFL just looked like a bunch of cheap idiots.

Yup. The NFL Owners(guys lets be real Goddell was just a "puppet" on this issue and had no power on this)for being so cheap to pay couple of millions to pay raises/pensions for refs made even Monty Burns blush.

06142010_simp_burns_fr_4_500.jpg

Leaving aside Monday night's controversy for a moment, did anyone watch the whole production including the pre-game? I watched it all and it seems to me that the talking heads at ESPN already had the Packers in the Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers penciled in as MVP. Some of the Seahawks must have seen the same thing 'cause in the first half they stomped on the Packer's O Line and put a hurt on the GB quarterback. If that's the best GB and Rodgers can do I think they better lower their sights to just making the playoffs and take it from there. As for some of those ESPN talking heads well I just remembered why I dislike watching that network. Clowns reffing the game and clowns doing "analysis". What a combo. Carry on.

They speak of Rodgers like the man is the 2nd coming of christ.... it's annoying....

ESPN does a very lackluster job at hiding their biases (regardless of sport); that's been evident for YEARS now..... And the double talk & monday morning quarterbacking that the washed up has-beens they end up employing (aka expert analysts) is nothing short of laughable.... A perfect example of this is their analysis before & after the giants/panthers game this past week..... Everyone except that troll-on-payroll Skip Bayless picked the Panthers - Skip only picked the giants b/c again, he's paid to troll... he's paid to "go against the grain", so to speak....

Expert analysis my ass......

The real refs are back. And to think, it only took the utter humiliation of the NFL to get a deal...

While i was out for most of the night in 1st game back with the 'real teachers' woops i mean real NFL refs, Browns and Ravens in a boring low scoring game with Baltimore leading 16-7 in middle of 3rd period at M&T Stadium at Camden Yards as of this writing.

I;m shocked as to the lack of NCAA Football discussion in here. We did have a 70-63 shootiut between West Virginia and Baylor earlier today. Can't wait to see NFL scores that high.

Week 4 NFL Picks

San Francisco 31 NY Jets 20

New England 31 Buffalo 24

Tennessee 17 Houston 31

San Diego 21 Kansas City 24

Minnesota 13 Detroit 24

Carolina 14 Atlanta 34

Seattle 10 St. Louis 20

Oakland 10 Denver 23

New Orleans 35 Green Bay 34

Miami 14 Arizona 34

Cincinnati 17 Jacksonville 21

Washington 31 Tampa Bay 24

Philadelphia 14 NY Giants 28

Chicago 21 Dallas 23

I'll be very honest.. I see the 49ers and Jets game tomorrow to be closer than what everyone expects. Just looking at this game, the loss of Darelle Revis shouldn't be huge... the 49ers are a running team. Moss and Manningham aren't exactly big threats either. I expect a score around 31-28 49ers.... if you ask me it could possibly be something like the Giants-Packers game last year.. the Giants made it much closer and gave the Packers a bit of a scare. Even so, I still expect the 9ers to win.

If the 49ers lose... oh that would be funny. I remember hearing on ESPN that the 49ers are "by far" the best team in the NFL.. when Alex Smith is your starting QB, there is no way you can be "BY FAR" the best team in the NFL. That's the way i see it.

Archived