Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Maybe they are looking to eliminate those who won't pass to help move things along a bit quicker for those who stay clean..

I agree, and you need to also keep in mind that some people change their minds as well, for whatever reason...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats great news. Thank for all your help. Hope to see you in the same class as me. Ill keep the forum posted to return the favor.

When you go to orientation sit in the back so you can fall asleep without them noticing lol it's two full days of paper work mad boring so is the school but once you get over that hump it's all gravy

Hey guys thanks for all the info and updates! Congrats to everyone called in already and good luck to all those still waiting like myself I'm knew on here and the info you guys have been providing is extremely informative and helpful!

My number is in the 850-950 range, I just got put on an outstanding certification, what's next for me? Also I have a low class (violent) felony stemming from 2009. I read here that if the conviction is over 10yrs+ you should be fine, since mine is just hitting the 7yr mark should I be ok or just give up hope?! Any feed back would be helpful and thanks in advance!!

Hey guys thanks for all the info and updates! Congrats to everyone called in already and good luck to all those still waiting like myself I'm knew on here and the info you guys have been providing is extremely informative and helpful!

My number is in the 850-950 range, I just got put on an outstanding certification, what's next for me? Also I have a low class (violent) felony stemming from 2009. I read here that if the conviction is over 10yrs+ you should be fine, since mine is just hitting the 7yr mark should I be ok or just give up hope?! Any feed back would be helpful and thanks in advance!!

Well there is no such thing as a low class Felony, an A1 to an E can have the same effect regardless. Personally I wouldn't give up, have your disposition, and whatever other paperwork in order. I left a link a page or 2 back about the CHRS report which the city and state agencies use to look up your criminal history, $65 bucks and you'll get the same report they do. The only thing that hurts people the most with criminal records is the recurrences of convictions.  You can have a felony from 15 years ago, but if you have 5 or so B misdemeanors on separate dates, that alone can hurt you regardless of time. There was a person in the one of the bus operator threads, that had a 20 yr old Felony, but over 5-10  misdemeanors in various states, needless to say that person didn't have luck in their favor as far as qualifying for the job.

To make my point about not worrying, the MTA hired a former cop who was convicted of multiple bank robberies in the 90's, and he got on even with almost a decade in prison. Mind you it was his only conviction. Robbery 1 is a B violent Felony, and 99% of the time you'd be pretty much f**ked with that kind of conviction in most places of employment. Just do not lie about anything, because they will find out. As far as your list number I'd say you're in a good place, but unless things really speed up you're going to have a little wait on your hands. They haven't even hit the 500 mark yet for medical processing, I think in the high 600's for drug testing. But be prepared even when you get the letter for the drug test, you might have to take 2 since the results are only good for 90 days. I took my second a few weeks ago, and I'm just right around the corner for an e-mail for medical and final processing. Also here's the link of the MTA bus driver/former cop who was robbing banks below. Good Luck.

http://nypost.com/2011/12/05/heist-cop-hired-to-drive-bklyn-bus/

Edited by SteveNYC

I just want to make another note as well. When I was there January 21st for my second drug test, I was talking to someone there who had court dispositions. He was there for a second drug test as well for another title, and was told he did not need to submit them for clearance from management like he had to the first time he was there. I also noticed the pre-employment packet was missing the page in regards to criminal history, and needing to supply dispositions. He mentioned something to me about a new law called the " Fair Chance Act " and it went into effect November 1st 2015. So I did some research and the link is below.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/html/coverage/fair-chance.shtml

Now don't get me wrong, just because it is dismissed from the pre-employment part of the process doesn't mean you can hide your past from them. Once you get there, take the drug test ( pass it ), get called back down and pass medical, you'll still have to mention your criminal history on your CPD(B) which is the 21 page booklet of your life. So make sure you still have your court dispositions, because I'm sure you will need it for the person who will be going over your paperwork.

Edited by SteveNYC

FYI:

I just called DCAS for an update to this list. I am not going to post their information, since they are saying that the list number of the last candidate appointed is 415, when according to post # 1213, they are up to the 450's for medical and final processing.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan
Typo

Just got my e-mail now, gotta report Wednesday the 10th. List number 485-490 range.

Thank u Steve nyc, we are all in this thing together bro. Will definitely keep u guys posted.

You're welcome Sotokiedugg, hope you feel better man just saw your posts now.

I started Saturday morning at 8am(my RDO).

Haven't gone home yet. I'll be here till midnight tonight. 40 hours$ straight...

Hey spike mauler do you know if you can get direct report when working days or is that strictly for night jobs thanks in advance

Congrats Steve .. best of luck man .. This was like what 2 weeks since you went back in for drug test right ? 

Keeping my eye on my email since they in the 490's .. 

When you finish medical let us know the full rundown of what they had you do. 

Congrats to everyone else who passed and got in 

Whats up all...

Just wanted to give you guys and update.  I was down there today for medical and final processing. some heads ups,  You will be there all day, make sure everything is filled out completely before going, have all your required documents and/or dispositions on you to submit, dont lie, bring lunch, and good luck.  Very happy to say ill be in the class Feb 22.  See you guys down there !!

hey guys what is an outstanding certification? and how many people you think they call in to fill up one class? so happy for you guys that got your call.. I look forward to the day I get my call, another question for those who have gotten called, how many of you went in to livingston to inquire about your list # prior to being called? 

Everything well today, passed medical, passed everything else, and I was the first one sworn in for the March 28th class.

List number 485-490

As far as medical, and final processing, here's a brief rundown of everything.

1. First you'll get there, get a number, and wait for the woman who handles the medical line to call you where you'll sign in, where you'll get a few forms to fill out. Then wait for your number to be called back where you'll hand in those forms, and get another packet to fill out. Fill those out because MAC doesn't open up until 8am.

2. Once you're at the MAC reception, you'll get called to the desk in general order, where you'll fill out a few more forms. After which you'll be assigned to a computer to fill out a giant 3 part questionnaire. It's very long. Once you're finished with that, you'll go back to the desk get a printout of the questionnaire, and wait for the doctor to call you. 

3. Here's a basic run down of medical in the order I was processed, it varies as to which test you'll get first.

- HEARING TEST - You'll sit in a booth with headphones and press a button whenever you hear the sounds, they do one ear at a time.

- BLOOD PRESSURE - Pretty quick test, the cut off is 140/80, they also check your BPM or pulse.

- EKG - Pretty basic test, they hook you up to 10 or so wires to check your heart patterns.

- URINE TEST - Another simple quick test, they check you for blood, protein, and elevated sugar levels.

- EYE TEST - Pretty basic test, you have to identify a bunch of shapes, check your depth perception, and for color blindness or issues.

- SPIROMETER - Check your lung capacity, they also check your pulse and record it again after you're finished.

5. Once you've finished, you'll get told to wait out in the MAC reception area to wait for a doctor to call you in. You might as well finish up the packet you received earlier, because the wait times vary. I waited about 20 minutes to get called for the final exam. Once he or she calls you in they'll go over your medical history, and ask you another 200 questions. Once the tests are done you get the reflex tests, stretch, touch toes, then wait for him to finish up.

6. If you've made it this far, you'll get the white medical receipt to hand back to the person at the main reception desk. Then wait for your number to be called. Once called you'll hand in the packet you got earlier, plus the 21 page booklet, and all identification materials for them to make copies of. Once that's done you'll wait for the interviewer to call you, and again times vary, I waited a few hours, and luckily I had someone to talk to so the time went by rather quick.

7. Once called for the interview, the person will just go over your 21 page book, fill out a few more forms, and if you've made it this far you're in good shape as long as your stuff is in order, and correct. There you'll get your books, and your packet for orientation. You'll also be sworn in.

8. Once the interview is done, you'll get sent for your ID photo first, after you'll get fingerprinted. Once you get fingerprinted, you'll get a receipt to hand back over to your interviewer. 

That's about as descriptive as the process gets. As far as what they look for on medical, the blood pressure 140/80 is obvious. But the rest I'm not sure of, since I came back with a clean bill of health without any of my tests being questioned. Make sure you don't have a wax buildup in your ears, as far as eyes, I was able to read line 10 with no issues. But again, I'm not sure what's considered failing for the eye test either. Anyway good luck everyone, and anyone in 491-540 range, depending on the size of the class, you'll be in there with me March 28th. The e-mail you'll get will be from Mrs Robinson, so just make sure if you see an e-mail with Robinson as the sender, DO NOT DELETE IT. Have a good one folks.

Edited by SteveNYC

I mentioned the 491-540 list number range for the March 28th class, as a basis if no one fails the drug test, turns down the offer etc etc. It could possibly get as high as 560+ for the March 28th class. I'm not sure of what the class sizes are, I even asked my interviewer, and she wasn't sure either.

Does anyone know if corrective lenses are allowed to be wotn for eye exam?

*Worn

Yes you can wear them for the exam, it was even mentioned on the e-mail I received. They might test you with, and without your glasses, though I'm not sure since this sentence of information I got from the Train Operator thread.

Edited by SteveNYC

Hey Guys,

I took the drug test on 9/28/15. So basically it is expired.

But I have not gotten a letter to go take another drug test yet. My list # is in the 650's

Anyone around my # went for a second drug test? Any info will help.

I'm Getting a lil concerned.

Hey Guys,

I took the drug test on 9/28/15. So basically it is expired.

But I have not gotten a letter to go take another drug test yet. My list # is in the 650's

Anyone around my # went for a second drug test? Any info will help.

I'm Getting a lil concerned.

I took my first drug test on 9/28/15, my list number is in the 485-490 range. Took my second drug test 1/21/16, appointed 2/10/16 as the first one for the March 28th class. Just to ease your concerns, the highest list number I could see getting into the 3/28 class is in the 550-560 range. They did call a ton of people for the first round of the drug test. Why ? Is anyone's guess. Being that you'll have to go for a second one, I'm pretty sure you won't get a letter until the MTA HR is certain your list number range will make into a specific class. Since class sizes range from 30-50 people (est). But if you want to ease your concerns further call Mrs Robinson, either really early around 7:30am-8am or around 3:30pm-4pm. Her number is (347) 643-8198. She's the liaison for Trackworkers. I wouldn't worry tbh, I'm pretty certain you'll make it into the class after mine.

What are you guys wearing down to the orientation at the union hall? lol

Just wear something casual dude. No need for a suit and tie. The only person I saw wearing a suit, who worked for HR was the Caribbean man, who works in the MAC reception area.  I was talking to an Ironworker down there on the day I got sworn in, and he was in his work clothes, thinking he'd make it for a half a day of work afterwards. No one said anything to him, and he was sworn in for the Structure Maintainer Ironworker title. Make sure when you get to the school on the 3rd day, you have work clothes.

Edited by SteveNYC

Being that I was half brain dead the other day writing the layout for medical and final processing. I forgot to congratulate the follow 2 members who made it into the Feb 22nd class. 

Congrats to:

Obiecocoa

newyorkNYC11

Hopefully I'll run into both of you one of these days, or months in the tunnel.

Also congrats to anyone else who made it into the Feb 22nd class, who follows this forum.

@ Sotokiedugg

Get that medical hold cleared up, and hopefully you don't get placed on a hold for anything else. March 28th is roughly 6 weeks away so you have a bit of time to get it squared away.

Edited by SteveNYC

I took my first drug test on 9/28/15, my list number is in the 485-490 range. Took my second drug test 1/21/16, appointed 2/10/16 as the first one for the March 28th class. Just to ease your concerns, the highest list number I could see getting into the 3/28 class is in the 550-560 range. They did call a ton of people for the first round of the drug test. Why ? Is anyone's guess. Being that you'll have to go for a second one, I'm pretty sure you won't get a letter until the MTA HR is certain your list number range will make into a specific class. Since class sizes range from 30-50 people (est). But if you want to ease your concerns further call Mrs Robinson, either really early around 7:30am-8am or around 3:30pm-4pm. Her number is (347) 643-8198. She's the liaison for Trackworkers. I wouldn't worry tbh, I'm pretty certain you'll make it into the class after mine.

Just wear something casual dude. No need for a suit and tie. The only person I saw wearing a suit, who worked for HR was the Caribbean man, who works in the MAC reception area.  I was talking to an Ironworker down there on the day I got sworn in, and he was in his work clothes, thinking he'd make it for a half a day of work afterwards. No one said anything to him, and he was sworn in for the Structure Maintainer Ironworker title. Make sure when you get to the school on the 3rd day, you have work clothes.

Thanks Steve.

Appreciate the info. Definitely feel more at ease now.

Hopefully there's no issues and I can get into the class after yours.