Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

hey guys quick question..... i have suffered from asthma in the past....rare (as in maybe 1-2 a year i may need to use my pump )usually brought on from severe allergies.... is that something i should mention upon medical or will that affect my ability to secure position? 

im not worried about it as its not really prevalent but will the MTA use that against me?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of it' not severe maybe you should leave it out. My uncle is a bus driver and he said that they are going extremely hard on people to be fit. With than being said as long as your willing and able and your fit you should be fine. Good luck and don't stress it out. When you do med just let them know of they ask...bring documentation showing your taking care of it already and you have it under control. 

so i just got done with everything, went pretty quick. got there at 7am got out 9:30. when i checked in the guy at the front desk sent me to take the drug test right away and after that they said they'll email me within 3-90 days.

Edited by nycFin

yeah would of been quick for me but unfortunately i had a pending ticket which even more unfortunately i had to settle at the dmv by the barclays right away after lady at counter told me of feb 5th class in hopes of getting thru processing fast in order to be slotted in. had to pay this bullshit fine but hopefully im in next class

but there were people for several positions there.... bus operators... station agents...

hey guys

so got a reply back from transit.... going in monday for medical and told that class starts on the 26th...not the 5th as lady at transit had informed me on tuesday.....

quick question.... sorry if its been answered..... for medical will i be required to submit another DT? 

45 minutes ago, qnsfinest1 said:

quick question.... sorry if its been answered..... for medical will i be required to submit another DT? 

The drug tests are valid for 30 calendar days. Therefore, did it expire? If so, then yes. If not, then no.

1 hour ago, noska said:

went yesterday to do the preemployment paperwork and drug test again since the originals expired. they said 3-90 days but I'm assuming it'll be fairly quick this time and not 4 months

same they rushed me through the process when i went so hopefully soon

7 minutes ago, noska said:

does anyone know for sure if not being able to pass the ishihara colorblind test is a deal breaker and disqualifies you from being a track worker?

i hope not i just googled that test and i'd be screwed lol

5 minutes ago, qnsfinest1 said:

iim in feb 26th class... cheers

congrats

14 minutes ago, nycFin said:

i hope not i just googled that test and i'd be screwed lol

congrats

me too. I've always failed those. I know thats the test they give during the medical exam tho. idk if it disqualifies though

can anyone thats taken the medical give exactly what that part entails? is it from the book or is it looking through one of those viewfinder machines? and anyone know is it the same slides every time? will the next couple of people who take the test tell me what numbers they saw? ill pay haha

Edited by noska

On 1/30/2018 at 1:41 PM, noska said:

can anyone thats taken the medical give exactly what that part entails? is it from the book or is it looking through one of those viewfinder machines? and anyone know is it the same slides every time? will the next couple of people who take the test tell me what numbers they saw? ill pay haha

You will be looking through a viewfinder machine. It is not the same slide every time.

If you feel that you're going to fail it, get a note from your physician saying that you're not color blind. I don't know about track workers, but this is what's done for Bus Operators:

They have you make out the different numbers. The candidate won't be able to do so, resulting in a "medical hold." Once the candidate comes back with a letter from a physician stating that the candidate is not color blind, they have the candidate perform the test a second time. If the candidate is unsuccessful, they bring him/her into another room with a traffic signal. Providing the candidate can distinguish green from yellow from red, the candidate passes with the exception that the candidate has to come back every year since there is a medical condition.

I'm assuming they do something similar for Track Workers, however I'm not 100% exactly sure as far as that they do.

Edited by +Young+

13 minutes ago, nycFin said:

went in Jan 25th, also i spoke to a friend who got hired in November, said he didnt have to take the ishihara test?

really? ive read in this thread people had to take it. did they test his color vision at all?

1 hour ago, noska said:

really? ive read in this thread people had to take it. did they test his color vision at all?

as far as the ishirhara test he said no, other than that it was just like every other eye exam, reading letters from a distance and distinguishing shapes. either way im gonna find out tomorrow and let you know

Edited by nycFin

27 minutes ago, nycFin said:

as far as the ishirhara test he said no, other than that it was just like every other eye exam, reading letters from a distance and distinguishing shapes. either way im gonna find out tomorrow and let you know

sounds good thanks alot man. good luck.