Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
TheBigLD

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

+Young+

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published. Please click here for more information.

Thank you.

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Xkramz said:

People I'm in the current class for track worker. They are not done hiring, they are hiring around 50 at a time, there's another class apparently at the end of December.   And they gonna keep hiring 50 ish at a time for future classes. The list should move fairly quickly. 

 

With thst said it seems like some classes are exclusively for cleaning gang. And others are mixed  . For example last class, apparently it was a class that was going to cleaning gang mostly . With my current class only  a little less than half of all the picks were only cleaning picks. Most was  maintenance picks.  

 

 

I'm in the class before yours. we're all doing maintenance. the 2 classes before us went straight to cleaning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ebenz1 said:

I'm in the class before yours. we're all doing maintenance. the 2 classes before us went straight to cleaning 

Ah okay interesting so maybe they doing 2 cleaning and then 2 maintenance . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won’t matter come the general pick. The newer you are, the more likely you’ll be strictly cleaning  until the next pick. The last 20+ pages of the proposed pick book was nothing but cleaning picks. 

Edit : Scratch that, the 20+ pages are for the mobile Vac. Before that, there are just regular cleaning picks. 

Edited by G13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, G13 said:

Won’t matter come the general pick. The newer you are, the more likely you’ll be strictly cleaning  until the next pick. The last 20+ pages of the proposed pick book was nothing but cleaning picks. 

Edit : Scratch that, the 20+ pages are for the mobile Vac. Before that, there are just regular cleaning picks. 

When's the next general pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Skn529 said:

When's the next general pick?

It was supposed to be this month, but I’m hearing it got pushed back to Jan. It’s coming soon though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im from the nov 6th class and my pick was definitely a maintence gang

my gang roster is filled with people thats been n track over 5 years

Some more then 10

So maybe they r going every other class cleaning

Because like u guys up here said the class b4 me went 2 cleaning

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you ever get OJT training? Our instructor told us one of the classess didn't even go to OJT and went straight to cleaning gangs and then they were going to come back to class for OJT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im in OJT NOW

I know my gang because i went to find my quarters 

So ill know where its at when i start the 17th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, VA Slim said:

Im from the nov 6th class and my pick was definitely a maintence gang

my gang roster is filled with people thats been n track over 5 years

Some more then 10

So maybe they r going every other class cleaning

Because like u guys up here said the class b4 me went 2 cleaning

 

 

That was a mini pick. The general pick is when all Track employees get called to select a job. Trust me when i say it’s about 98% certain you’ll wind up in a cleaning gang. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe me buddy i believe u 

I was just saying that im in maintence now from my mini pick after my mini pick

I can do cleaning 

Because where ever i work at ill do the job and be thankful i got a job

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, VA Slim said:

Believe me buddy i believe u 

I was just saying that im in maintence now from my mini pick after my mini pick

I can do cleaning 

Because where ever i work at ill do the job and be thankful i got a job

 

 

Nice. I’m stressing this info because a lot of new guys are throwing fits about this whole cleaning situation. I’m with you, as long as it got me in the door, and I’m making the same pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, G13 said:

Nice. I’m stressing this info because a lot of new guys are throwing fits about this whole cleaning situation. I’m with you, as long as it got me in the door, and I’m making the same pay. 

Totally agree. You get paid the same as  new jacks doing heavy ass lifting and stuff   in maintenance  and  youre just doing track cleaning. 

 

 

Yeah u may feel untrained, but they will train you afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who are worried.. as of now MTA is hiring 500 more people from now until April 2018. So there will be classes every 2-3 weeks. After that the list will expire 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iwilson71792 said:

For those who are worried.. as of now MTA is hiring 500 more people from now until April 2018. So there will be classes every 2-3 weeks. After that the list will expire 

Really? According to this website (type "3600" in the search box on the top right) and the DCAS automated system, the list will expire on December 17th, 2018 providing they do not decide to extend the list by a year or two.

However, you, @iwilson71792, are saying that the list will expire after they hire 500 more people, which will end in April of 2018? Interesting...

(If you disagree with me, please be careful as far as what you say and/or post on this site. You can hurt other people's feelings very easily.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have  to pick. As the selection choice goes by seniority, those with more time may choose to stay where they are if slots are available. We were told from the outset to not get too comfortable where we are because it’s very likely we won’t be staying there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VA Slim said:

Question 4 anybody in the nov 27th class

Have yall done ur mini pick yet

Yup done  already. Only locations available was:

 

42nd 8th ave

Eastern parkway 

Chambers street

Van siclen  ave

Utica ave

Tremont ave

 From those, cleaning gangs was:

 

42nd st 8th ave, chambers st BMT  ( J line) , Utica ave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, J2wresnwood said:

What exactly is a “pick” and a “mini picks?”

Also what bank does the MTA payroll ?

Every two years or so MOW will make a list of jobs available to all MOW employees. This is what’s called a “pick”. All Track workers participate. It’s a big deal because basically it will determine where you will be reporting and what you will be doing for the duration of the pick. Spots are filled mainly by seniority order (if there is a specialist job, you may need additional requirements besides seniority). 

The “mini” pick is done for new hires out of school. It’s called mini for the obvious reason. If you happen to have your mini pick in between the main, you’ll post at that location and preform that job until the main comes around. In other words the Main pick supersedes the mini. 

MTA banks with chase. 

Edited by G13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VA Slim said:

Hey guy in the current class 

Is ur class going to OJT or straight to your pic locations

 

OJT for 3 weeks I think then we do flagging classes and then we go to our pick locations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.