How to improve the 4th Avenue Local During Rush Hours?

alekr

Exactly. You have a ton of bus routes that run every 10 minutes (or more), and you don't see a ton of threads complaining about "The Q88 should be improved". If ridership doesn't warrant better headways, then what can you do? Yeah, you should try to make sure the trains remain on schedule, but aside from that, what else can be done? Maybe a little frequency improvement if it's a long enough line with enough standalone segments, but that's it.

Yup. Some people just don't seem to get the concept of mass transit. You can only have good service if a large mass of people will ride it.

This may be a dumb question, but has anyone ever suggested switching the (N) & (R) terminals back in Queens? Would that improve (R) headways while not damaging the (N)'s headways too much?

No.....The (N) and (R) swap Queens terminal in the past due to the (R) needed a yard access. The (R) now has a home yard in Jamaica Queens and if they switch the (N)(R) terminals back to the way they were in the past, the latter of which won't gain yard access (not until wrong-railing at Lexington Avenue or crossing to the BMT West End or Sea Beach lines).

Plus terminal do not have anything to do with a headway nor how long it takes for the (R) to arrive....

This thread has turned into a bunch of foam. In addition to this the (R) train tracks, just like many other tracks, are at or close to capacity during rush hour. It is unrealistic to infinitely get more trains to improve service on every last line. Therefore this should happen to the thread:

lock-icon.png

A little switch, the (R) runs from Coney Island to 71st, 4th Avenue Express via bridge.

(N) runs 4th Avenue local via tunnel, from Astoria to Bay Ridge, 4th Av local

Go ahead, yell at me, I know it's comin!

YELL YELL YELL you're a stupid foamer and your ideas are terrible and you suck and you should die.

There. I yelled at you lol.

:lol:

I'm sick of these service increase threads, though...

Bring back the (W)! Have the (J) run to Bay Ridge! At the same time! FOAMFOAMFOAMFOAM

LMFAO.

I would say run the (W) weekdays between between Astoria and Bay Ridge Weekdays or add another branch of the (R) to Astoria on weekdays but when the 2nd Avenue Subway Opens

NO.

What the hell is this supposed to mean?

And no, I don't feel like discussing the (J) extension again.

Hell I have a good plan but let the haters do their thing.

What? No proposal to reactivate the NX super express line? In addition to these added local services?

LMFAO.

Because we need a faster line to supplement it. The fact that it's slow creates delays...

NO.

Please lock this before we go back to the 60 St tube capacity again...

YELL YELL YELL you're a stupid foamer and your ideas are terrible and you suck and you should die.

There. I yelled at you lol.

:lol:

I'm sick of these service increase threads, though...

I agree, I hate these threads! They get annoying, CPW, 4th Ave, QB.

People are Just gonna have to deal with the (R), theres not enough Subway Equipment to bring another Line Especially after what I heard and seen, and on top of that (MTA) only made the (G) to stay at church instead of cutting it back to smith 9th sts, so we are gonna have to wait for the R179's to come and the 2nd ave subway to open for more subway improvements

People are Just gonna have to deal with the (R), theres not enough Subway Equipment to bring another Line Especially after what I heard and seen, and on top of that (MTA) only made the (G) to stay at church instead of cutting it back to smith 9th sts, so we are gonna have to wait for the R179's to come and the 2nd ave subway to open for more subway improvements

Yes. But I really don't want to see another supplement along the Fourth Avenue (D)(N)(R) Line nor the West End (D) or Sea Beach (N) lines. There's just no ridership meriting that. The (R) is fine as it is, all they have to do is beef it up and there, its riders are happy.

You know guys, you could just ignore threads like these and let them fall off the 1st page instead of constantly posting in them and thus keeping them on the top of this section of the forum.

Thread locked.

Archived