Articulated Bus replacement

DaTransitMan4608

I know many of you wish NJ Transit would get new artics soon because most of them are starting to fall apart a bit. I know its a long way off until they are replaced. I got some sides of custom paper buses I made as artist renderings. So which bus do you think should be NJT's next artic?

Artic 1: New Flyer XD60

NJTransitNewFlyerXD60NJTdrawing.png

Artic 2: Nova LFSA

NJTransitNovaLFSAdrawing.png

Artic 3: NABI 436 (60-SFW)

NJTransitNABI436drawing.png

Xcelsior easily, now that'd be some bus!

Second pick LFSA, probably more likely too since NJT has had good relations with Nova in the past. I do NOT want that NABI lol, that 436 had some MAJOR problems from what I've heard and their BRTs are just plain ugly.

The 436 didn't have much problems to begin with.

Why do I have a feeling that NJT would opt for more 40's instead, or more possibly a NABI 45C?

They had the Metro 45C on order (15) but they cancelled and just painted the current NABI's in the GOBUS. I also agree the NABI relationship is strong, and at least some number of 60BRT will show up at some point. On a side note, with all the NABI haters on board, how are the NJT and BEE Line NABI's holding up in general ??

Lol we only have 2 choices then from your pictures; this model is gone. XD

But in all seriousness, I could see NJ getting D60LFRs, XD60s, LFS-As or 60-BRT buses.

I'll tell ya, the D60LFR would be a good choice for NJT is they decide to replace the artics, but it's a wait and we shall see situation but remember, NJT doesn't like New Flyer Buses and IMO they could in all likelihood have Nova LFS Articulateds which would be a nice fit, but we shall wait and see, you never know where NJT can purchase artics from.

I know many of you wish NJ Transit would get new artics soon because most of them are starting to fall apart a bit. I know its a long way off until they are replaced. I got some sides of custom paper buses I made as artist renderings. So which bus do you think should be NJT's next artic?

Artic 2: Nova LFSA

NJTransitNovaLFSAdrawing.png

Would love to see these! Totally agree though that the Neoplans need to go. Sitting in the first few rows of front-facing seats, going down the hills of Weehawken to get to the tunnel, I'm a little scared the overhead racks are going to come down on my head. By habit, I put my hand up there to steady it!

Archived