What buses will be gone by 2015

Chargerdodge9

The Bees are probably gonna be gone by 2015.

Those are already on their way out. Maybe a better question would be what will retire after the 1995-96 100 series Orion Vs?

Well you'll never know, because 2015 is not up yet and the (MTA) can do something different (like overhauling, painting) to the older buses during that time...

Lock??

The 1996s will be 20 years old by then and the MTA rarely keep buses around that long. I just don't see it happening.

Aren't they overhauling the 96's, and seemingly trying to keep them around so that they don't have to hand even the 97's down to MTAB? (And there's still hundreds of them left). It seems in three years, you might still see the remnants of these filling in, probably still at BP and LGA, like what the Bee Lines are now.

Aren't they overhauling the 96's, and seemingly trying to keep them around so that they don't have to hand even the 97's down to MTAB? (And there's still hundreds of them left). It seems in three years, you might still see the remnants of these filling in, probably still at BP and LGA, like what the Bee Lines are now.

It's definitely possible, not sure how if the overhauls are gonna be enough to keep them THAT long though. In terms of buses lasting 20 years, the 7000s and 7500s buses essentially got fully rebuilt, so those were about 22 years old when retired -- I honestly doubt the overhauled Novas will make it that long, but it's not unimaginable for a few to make it.

It's definitely possible, not sure how if the overhauls are gonna be enough to keep them THAT long though. In terms of buses lasting 20 years, the 7000s and 7500s buses essentially got fully rebuilt, so those were about 22 years old when retired -- I honestly doubt the overhauled Novas will make it that long, but it's not unimaginable for a few to make it.

One thing I would love to see is the 1998-1999 Orion Vs making it to 20 years. No MTA Orion V have ever made it that long. The closest I recall are the 1991 600 series Orion V diesels from MTA Long Island bus (last of them retired in 2009).

One thing I would love to see is the 1998-1999 Orion Vs making it to 20 years. No MTA Orion V have ever made it that long. The closest I recall are the 1991 600 series Orion V diesels from MTA Long Island bus (last of them retired in 2009).

Possible when considering those '95 Bee Line Orion V's made it this far, though it may be difficult now that Orion went down under.

Archived