DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

NJT needs to get this sorted out quick cuz time is something they dont have.

You need w/c mcis how many of those are just sitting around.....

Looking at the MCI Sales and Service website they have exactly 7 DL3/D4500/4505s with wheelchair lifts. Their ages range from 1997 to 2008, all with different powertrains in them...they won't be there for long because everybody is grabbing any wheelchair bus they can get their hands on. Like I said earlier, it's not like before when MCI had a glut of buses sitting around and was able to give NJT what they wanted, they are gonna have to wait for new builds at this point.

The only other thing they possibly could do is put new tanks in the current CNGs. I don't know how much that would cost or even if it would be allowed but they are gonna have to come up with something right quick. Robbing Peter (the other garages) to pay Paul (Howell) will only backfire in the long run.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys, I doubt NJT would send Howell NABIs.

I think NJT should lease MCIs. That's basically the best option.

Where you going to get leased w/c mcis from when ONLY 7 is available! This is going to be some shit storm. The best option at this point is new mcis depending on what happens with dl.

Where you going to get leased w/c mcis from when ONLY 7 is available! This is going to be some shit storm. The best option at this point is new mcis depending on what happens with dl.

We could borrow a few from ShortLine, but that could have its consequences for them. BZGuy, how many D4500CTH's do you guys have? I mean, Howell could be basically up for anything at this point. It probably wouldn't even be that many. I only saw like 17 CNG's up at Meadowlands.

But yeah, NJT better do something. Because cutting trips temporarily on the 139 ain't gonna fly too well on Route 9. Shit we could just as well end up with 17 CL's. I think 7174 is still at Howell.

We could borrow a few from ShortLine, but that could have its consequences for them. BZGuy, how many D4500CTH's do you guys have? I mean, Howell could be basically up for anything at this point. It probably wouldn't even be that many. I only saw like 17 CNG's up at Meadowlands.

But yeah, NJT better do something. Because cutting trips temporarily on the 139 ain't gonna fly too well on Route 9. Shit we could just as well end up with 17 CL's. I think 7174 is still at Howell.

Hahaha, borrow from us! We barely and I mean barely make full service everyday. We are short equipment too.....we have 35 new D4505s who delivery has been delayed. I tell you what....we can give up the 5 DDs, maybe Howell can keep the running for more than one day! The CTHs that we have can't be touched, they are Rockland County owned.

I can see one of two things happening. One,Washington Twp,Newtown Av and Fairview giving up their MCIs to Howell for NABIs or Two, Howell getting NABIs to run on the 139 short turns (i.e. the Old Bridge P/R only trips)

Hahaha, borrow from us! We barely and I mean barely make full service everyday. We are short equipment too.....we have 35 new D4505s who delivery has been delayed. I tell you what....we can give up the 5 DDs, maybe Howell can keep the running for more than one day! The CTHs that we have can't be touched, they are Rockland County owned.

I can see one of two things happening. One,Washington Twp,Newtown Av and Fairview giving up their MCIs to Howell for NABIs or Two, Howell getting NABIs to run on the 139 short turns (i.e. the Old Bridge P/R only trips)

The DD's don't fit upstairs so, if we end up with your Vanhools, their gonna have to board downstairs.

That second option would work better tbh. The Old Bridge pax don't really give a damn what they get.

Man this is one complicated situation NJT got themselves into, I tell you.

If we get anything from the PBLs it will be STATE BUSES ONLY!

I doubt that they touch the PBLs MCIs just on the fact that it would decimate service elsewhere. DeCamp and Lakeland definatly don't have alot of spare equipment to cover any long term loss of any portion of their fleet. Coach might be able juggle stuff around to cover everything but again it would cause hardship there. Quite frankly it would be a PR nightmare for NJT.....I see that as a last resort for them.

I doubt that they touch the PBLs MCIs just on the fact that it would decimate service elsewhere. DeCamp and Lakeland definatly don't have alot of spare equipment to cover any long term loss of any portion of their fleet. Coach might be able juggle stuff around to cover everything but again it would cause hardship there. Quite frankly it would be a PR nightmare for NJT.....I see that as a last resort for them.

Well they did send 8522 and 8523 to Ironbound. Those were Olympia Trails buses.

Well they did send 8522 and 8523 to Ironbound. Those were Olympia Trails buses.

And 8521 and I think 20 as well.

Plenty of those Designlines were out and about today. Saw 7209, 7210 and 7212 along with a few on the turnpike. Missed 7212 by a minute though.

Here's 7209 and 7210 in action.

524416_10152139591769348_2106617821_n.jp

1185461_10152139591734348_1652974489_n.j

It was only a matter of time. What shit storm i dont want to be anywhere near affected garages! Also one of our restroom 7100s is missing. Any see if thats spotted on rt9. I think 7186 i havent seen that bus in a few days.

Poor washington twp has to suffer man i tell ya if ANY of there mcis or nabis break down.....well you know the rest.

DL created a mess around these parts.I dont blame njt cause they had to take the lowest bidder.

Great pic Cait!

In reply to the other posts above....

I'm appalled at NJT for having to put their MCI garages through this. They best axe this "Choose the lowest bid by law" crap so something like this doesn't happen again.

NJT should have standards in place like the MTA does with the New Bus Qualification Program for these new, unqualified buses.

Shot it on the 64H Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4

Today? It showed on BusTime on the 307 but I didn't see it on the 64H... very interesting system. inb4 "hurr that's what you get when you go with Clever Devices durr"

Yup, there is a 307 run that becomes a 64

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4

Archived