DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

Looks like this could be the end, finally...

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=283075

Also, many of the MCI CNGs now have recerted tanks (IMO possibly done in preparation to sell the buses since the co. selling them spec'd recerted tanks), some have 2 years left and only 24 had to go to storage due to the expired tanks, which the loaner D4000s temporarily replaced.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this could be the end, finally...

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=283075

Also, many of the MCI CNGs now have recerted tanks (IMO possibly done in preparation to sell the buses since the co. selling them spec'd recerted tanks), some have 2 years left and only 24 had to go to storage due to the expired tanks, which the loaner D4000s temporarily replaced.

Well would you look at that. Maybe NJT has learned something from all this.

Just 3 more days until we learn who gets the bid for the extra 84 buses.  

I honestly hope you're right. We don't need NJT experimenting again.

I hope they make the interior like this but with NJT's design.

n_mci_d4500_commuter_coach_seat.jpg

EDIT: After looking through the rest of the photos on MCI's website, I think they should put outlets in the buses too.

I would have rather njt experiment with prevost, but there was no way in hell they would have been the lowest bidder!

I honestly hope you're right. We don't need NJT experimenting again.

I hope they make the interior like this but with NJT's design.

n_mci_d4500_commuter_coach_seat.jpg

EDIT: After looking through the rest of the photos on MCI's website, I think they should put outlets in the buses too.

If anything these seats would have been perfect on the NABI's. The recliner on these are great.

Hell yeah. And CNG at that, CLEVER DEVICE equipped, hopefully no shitty seats either but at least they should recline nicely on the MCIs.

I doubt NJT is gonna put the ML seat covers on them since none of MCI's buses have ever had that on them.

You gotta wonder why they even put those seat covers on their buses anyway.

Hopefully they won't be hard to find when they start coming in. Speaking of which, when do you think they will get here?

I doubt NJT is gonna put the ML seat covers on them since none of MCI's buses have ever had that on them.

Hopefully they won't be hard to find when they start coming in. Speaking of which, when do you think they will get here?

I see the 76 bus portion coming in pretty fast, probably the rest of the order too. MCI built their last order for the MTA pretty fast.

From talking to one of the NJT supervisors in the PABT, he said the reasoning for them putting the ML seats covers in the DesignLines were the cost associated with trying to keep the cloth seats in the MCIs clean, plus trying to keep them bed bug free. Blame the nasty passengers on that.

From talking to one of the NJT supervisors in the PABT, he said the reasoning for them putting the ML seats covers in the DesignLines were the cost associated with trying to keep the cloth seats in the MCIs clean, plus trying to keep them bed bug free. Blame the nasty passengers on that.

And here I was thinking NJT was experimenting with the ML seats......

I honestly don't think NJT is gonna put the ML seat cover on again because they don't look like they would fit right on the MCI-styled seats. But yeah I'm gonna wait and see what happens.

Anybody got an estimated time on how long the DesignLines are gonna stick around until MCI comes to take them?

I honestly don't think NJT is gonna put the ML seat cover on again because they don't look like they would fit right on the MCI-styled seats. But yeah I'm gonna wait and see what happens.

Anybody got an estimated time on how long the DesignLines are gonna stick around until MCI comes to take them?

I would say 1 month or 2.

My guess is they'll take 1 Designline for every MCI delivered up until they're wiped out so NJT doesn't lose any buses.

I would say 1 month or 2.

Oh so that shouldn't be too long.

My guess is they'll take 1 Designline for every MCI delivered up until they're wiped out so NJT doesn't lose any buses.

I was thinking they'd deliver the MCI's all at once, then take the DesignLines at once, but that way looks more reasonable.

I take it the roster number is gonna be 72XX-73XX, unless NJT decides to change it.

Whatever seats that'll be on the buses will be based on whatever NJT chooses. It's not MCI spec, its NJT spec. So don't be surprised if you see the Designline-ish seats on them things.

Archived