DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can take MCIs from those other depots and let them put NABIs out on their MCI routes where chances are the pax would give much less of a damn. Not to mention that the Howell drivers would have to be trained for the NABIs, that is if we work anything like the MTA does.

The CNG program just has the trouble it has now because they ordered from DesignLine and not MCI. It would be extremely costly to ditch the CNG equipment in place at Howell anyway.

This just blew up in NJT's face just as I predicted. They're either gonna lease some MCI's or Academy gets more runs. I dont think NABI's would run on any of the Howell routes.

This just blew up in NJT's face just as I predicted. They're either gonna lease some MCI's or Academy gets more runs. I dont think NABI's would run on any of the Howell routes.

As BZGuy said MCI doesn't really have much available.

NABIs CAN'T run the Howell routes and NJT knows it. Bad enough they got the DLs, running a transit bus out on Route 9 is gonna cause a f**king war.

So this morning we had a few curtailed 139 runs, and most of the ones that showed up were f**king restroom buses that of course were SRO. Had to wait 20 minutes for a non-restroom/SRO bus! This is ridiculous, and now according to Subchat Designline might actually be trying to get funds to FINISH THE ORDER!

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=282883

This is HORSE SHIT already, and NJT looks like they're just gonna sit around until DesignLine gets back on their feet and starts to build the order again just to save a few bucks! Are they f**king kidding me? This shit has got to stop, N O W. Sorry to everyone out there whose panties are all wet over this order, but NJT has customers to serve and a lot of them and they're doing an awful job at it right now. There were well over 20 MCI CNGs in the Meadowlands scrap lot today, even more than last week, and there's obviously gonna be more going there soon so NJT needs to stop being DesignLine's bitch to save a buck and think about their customers for once. Remember, the buses aren't the only way around for these people along Route 9, they'll be more than happy to drive if this keeps up.

So this morning we had a few curtailed 139 runs, and most of the ones that showed up were f**king restroom buses that of course were SRO. Had to wait 20 minutes for a non-restroom/SRO bus! This is ridiculous, and now according to Subchat Designline might actually be trying to get funds to FINISH THE ORDER!

This is HORSE SHIT already, and NJT looks like they're just gonna sit around until DesignLine gets back on their feet and starts to build the order again just to save a few bucks! Are they f**king kidding me? This shit has got to stop, N O W. Sorry to everyone out there whose panties are all wet over this order, but NJT has customers to serve and a lot of them and they're doing an awful job at it right now. There were well over 20 MCI CNGs in the Meadowlands scrap lot today, even more than last week, and there's obviously gonna be more going there soon so NJT needs to stop being DesignLine's bitch to save a buck and think about their customers for once. Remember, the buses aren't the only way around for these people along Route 9, they'll be more than happy to drive if this keeps up.

I assume you've already filed a formal complaint with NJT, haven't you?

Anyway, as long as there are buses making service for the time being I don't see it being as detrimental as you put it. Plenty of others in NJ have killer commutes as well and they manage. I'm sure the riders of the 139 can deal with this for a hot minute.

Or take the train or 135.

Orion, if you want NJT to change something, you have to tell them about it. And I know you don't like the DesignLines but would you rather have them buy from MCI, and then 3-4 months later, there's a fare hike?

Anyway, as long as there are buses making service for the time being I don't see it being as detrimental as you put it. Plenty of others in NJ have killer commutes as well and they manage. I'm sure the riders of the 139 can deal with this for a hot minute.

Unfortunately they can't deal with it. They'll either push for NJT to run more 135's or they'll take Academy or the train. I doubt some of em' are gonna drive because of a certain type of bus. But either way, I see the 135's AM ridership going up soon since the majority of those commuters are coming from along the 79 corridor and are probably leaving home after the last 135 of the morning has.

Unfortunately they can't deal with it. They'll either push for NJT to run more 135's or they'll take Academy or the train. I doubt some of em' are gonna drive because of a certain type of bus. But either way, I see the 135's AM ridership going up soon since the majority of those commuters are coming from along the 79 corridor and are probably leaving home after the last 135 of the morning has.

All I have to say is that I find it very hard to believe that riders are as outraged as claimed. If anything I'd think that was extreme exaggeration to build basis for an argument against NJT and Designline, but I digress.

Or take the train or 135.

Orion, if you want NJT to change something, you have to tell them about it. And I know you don't like the DesignLines but would you rather have them buy from MCI, and then 3-4 months later, there's a fare hike?

135 can fall victim to this as well, hell any Howell route can. Trains will be overcrowded, no matter what the people turn to it turns out to be a bad situation for NJT/Academy/Coach USA or whoever, because extra space doesn't just come out of nowhere.

It's not a matter of not liking the DesignLines at this point, the buses aren't here and aren't being delivered! This order should have been done with when that furlough was first announced, I mean come on folks, you think the MTA would stick around through that crap? Any fare hikes in the future won't result from the order going to MCI, hell if DesignLine didn't lowball it MCI would've won the bid in the first place.

All I have to say is that I find it very hard to believe that riders are as outraged as claimed. If anything I'd think that was extreme exaggeration to build basis for an argument against NJT and Designline, but I digress.

Well I can't blame you, you're all the way out west and have never seen or been on the 139. I completely understand how you would figure that, but the truth is this is how people are.

135 can fall victim to this as well, hell any Howell route can. Trains will be overcrowded, no matter what the people turn to it turns out to be a bad situation for NJT/Academy/Coach USA or whoever, because extra space doesn't just come out of nowhere.

It's not a matter of not liking the DesignLines at this point, the buses aren't here and aren't being delivered! This order should have been done with when that furlough was first announced, I mean come on folks, you think the MTA would stick around through that crap? Any fare hikes in the future won't result from the order going to MCI, hell if DesignLine didn't lowball it MCI would've won the bid in the first place.

Believe me man I know how bad it's gonna get. Come next week I'm gonna have to start riding the 133 to get to work and I can already tell I'm gonna end up with a 71XX or 77XX restroom bus. You're gonna have to wait until September to find out who's gonna get the bid for the next contract (September 4th if I'm correct.) and pray they don't bid to DesignLine again. Which I doubt they will.

Those 77xx restroom buses are awful I know. Are they putting the 71xx restroom buses on there as well? Because those are used on the 319, which means even 319 riders are gonna get affected. Be sure to complain to NJT, document the missed runs, crowds, and conditions, take photos and video and put it on their FB page! NJT is in deep doo doo because the tanks are up on the MCI CNG's and they dont have buses to replace them. I did write NJT several times myself about the problems with the new Designlines, they didn't appear to give a damn. They were warned, they didn't listen, so now the s*** hits the fan. NJ Transit in general seems to be in a rapid downward spiral, which is too bad since I'd like to live there someday, but this makes me have 2nd thoughts. 2 things happened on my last trip there which had me shaking my head, the driver on the 319 I took to Toms River wouldn't go above 50mph the entire way and arrived a few mins late in TR, with no traffic whatsoever on Saturday morning, then going back on a 137 express some woman got off the bus to go back into the terminal to use the restroom, the driver just took off without her, she left her bag on the bus, but he didn't hear any of the passengers trying to tell him, or the woman running after it as he pulled out. Too bad its a beautiful area but the transit system is ass backwards, then you got Ocean Crap...

Those 77xx restroom buses are awful I know. Are they putting the 71xx restroom buses on there as well? Because those are used on the 319, which means even 319 riders are gonna get affected. Be sure to complain to NJT, document the missed runs, crowds, and conditions, take photos and video and put it on their FB page! NJT is in deep doo doo because the tanks are up on the MCI CNG's and they dont have buses to replace them. I did write NJT several times myself about the problems with the new Designlines, they didn't appear to give a damn. They were warned, they didn't listen, so now the s*** hits the fan. NJ Transit in general seems to be in a rapid downward spiral, which is too bad since I'd like to live there someday, but this makes me have 2nd thoughts. 2 things happened on my last trip there which had me shaking my head, the driver on the 319 I took to Toms River wouldn't go above 50mph the entire way and arrived a few mins late in TR, with no traffic whatsoever on Saturday morning, then going back on a 137 express some woman got off the bus to go back into the terminal to use the restroom, the driver just took off without her, she left her bag on the bus, but he didn't hear any of the passengers trying to tell him, or the woman running after it as he pulled out. Too bad its a beautiful area but the transit system is ass backwards, then you got Ocean Crap...

AFAIK all the restroom buses we got are D4000s and all the ones out this morning were D4000s which makes it even worse.

And hey, Ocean Ride has Orion Vs and RTS at least, actually decent buses even though they barely run.

AFAIK all the restroom buses we got are D4000s and all the ones out this morning were D4000s which makes it even worse.

And hey, Ocean Ride has Orion Vs and RTS at least, actually decent buses even though they barely run.

I saw like 4 D4500's back to back on the GSP. One of them might've been a D4000, but Idk, I was driving. There must've been some crazy accident on Route 9 because it looked backed up for miles. Plus I saw a DesignLine, but I didn't catch the number.

wow this situation is going from worse to shitty everyday: 20 plus MCI CNGs retired, designline uber late on the delivery and bankrupt. short runs on certain lines, before you know it people will show up with pitchforks and torches

NJT=fail! Yeah i said it....they really don't give a damn. If you thought president bush didn't give a damn you had it wrong cause CLEARLY njt doesn't give a damn.What is truly sad is when I mentioned NJT funded shuttles they had no clue what I was talking about.
That has nothing to do with the topic. Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4
About the bid for the original CNG order, MCI NEVER bidded for the 76 CNG cruisers, only Designline didWill wait to see about this new bid that is due by this week
You're absolutely right. Holy shit. I forgot that at the time the RFP was issued, MCI had started testing out ISL-Gs on their buses. There were no mentions of any results. Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4

Archived