Academy 8592 Crashes into school bus.

Transitfan007

Wow, between this and the ferry crash, it has not been a good commuting week. Interesting how (MTA) buses rarely seem to get into bad accidents (or at least not crashes that are caused by the B/O). I guess the tough vetting process and relatively good pay is worth it in the end.

I hate them damn mini school buses, the drivers never seem to be paying attention.

The way this looks is like the school bus whipped out infront of the Academy bus and he had no time to avoid it. Route 9 is a tough road....high speed limits and all these little side streets don't mix well.

Also I think 8592 is done for too......looks like frame damage.

The way this looks is like the school bus whipped out infront of the Academy bus and he had no time to avoid it. Route 9 is a tough road....high speed limits and all these little side streets don't mix well.

Also I think 8592 is done for too......looks like frame damage.

Speed limit need to be lowered on parts of Route 1 and 9 cause of this. Guess we have to wait until people get killed.

• 2 weeks later...

As a result of the crash, the police temporarily closed the bus lanes on US rt 9 in Old Bridge...

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2013/01/route_9_bus_lanes_closed_tempo.html

Turns out, no rules and regulations were put into place regarding the bus lanes!

NJT advised Route 9 commuters to expect up to 10 min delays in both directions on all Howell bus routes that travel on that road

• 1 month later...

And yet, channel 4 had a report that the Academy bus operator was still the one getting a ticket because he was operating in the "bus lane" which is apparently only for school buses, not other buses. Even the PBA sent a letter to the DOT saying that the definition of a bus for that stretch of road needs to be changed, completely ridiculous. 

And yet, channel 4 had a report that the Academy bus operator was still the one getting a ticket because he was operating in the "bus lane" which is apparently only for school buses, not other buses. Even the PBA sent a letter to the DOT saying that the definition of a bus for that stretch of road needs to be changed, completely ridiculous. 

The B/O should have never been issued anything.  He was clearly in the bus lane, the idiot school B/O cut him off.  Why wasn't she ticketed for an illegal turn or why didn't look?  She does not need to driving any body's child around, should be fired.  The bus lane hours are for peak rush hours that clearly states M-F 5AM to 9 or 10AM and 4PM to 7PM, these rules are commuter buses not school buses.  Where is the confusion?  SMDH!

The shoulder bus lane is NOT for school buses only, I ride the 139 at least once a week during rush hour and we use it (including on Academy 139 runs).

If anything that bus lane is NOT for school buses.

The shoulder bus lane is NOT for school buses only, I ride the 139 at least once a week during rush hour and we use it (including on Academy 139 runs).

If anything that bus lane is NOT for school buses.

Tell that to NJ DOT

The B/O should have never been issued anything.  He was clearly in the bus lane, the idiot school B/O cut him off.  Why wasn't she ticketed for an illegal turn or why didn't look?  She does not need to driving any body's child around, should be fired.  The bus lane hours are for peak rush hours that clearly states M-F 5AM to 9 or 10AM and 4PM to 7PM, these rules are commuter buses not school buses.  Where is the confusion?  SMDH!

I agree completely. Academy is backing up the B/O and fighting the ticket he was issued. 

Archived