All Orion 7 Third Gens at Castleton

LRG

This weekend marks the end of the BTE transfers...all Novas are in Queens, all XD40s are in Brooklyn (split between ENY and Ulmer Park), and all Orion 7s at Castleton.

It's basically over for right now, but anything can happen, and we may see a few XD's in some odd places according to what is planned.  As of 5:40pm this evening the roster is as follows.

CA 4898, 7000-7089

EN 4810-4814, 4816-4854, 4862

MQ 4897

QV 8000-8089

UP 4815, 4855-4861, 4863-4896

NFI 4899

Let's get something straight, all buses are the same damn size. The only difference between the three aside from their appearance are the interiors.

It's not just about where they would stay, its also about parts and maintenance. The Novas can get parts from the LFSAs at CS, the Orions can get parts from the NGs out at S.I.

That's pretty much true for the size when it comes to the exterior length and width, however with more seats, and slightly more standing space, the Xcelsior has a greater capacity than both the Nova, and the Orion.

I don't see MTA bus getting any of either the existing units or possibly future buses anytime soon.

It's listed in the Fleet & Depots thread as always..... All new orders for TA/OA and BC are listed. http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/29211-mta-bus-operations-fleet-depots/

Yeah, I was surprised to hear about 4897 at Quill.

However, looks like anyone who wanted to ride an Xcelsior on the S78 on weekends is outta luck. A lot of Third Gens are on that line today, and one or two Orion 5s showed up this afternoon.

In a few years or so when Yonkers and Eastchester need new motorcoaches, I would LMFAO if they recieve NYCT's old shit instead of getting new ones.

The oldest buses we have are from 2004 and those buses are in great shape... Well taken care of so our MCIs aren't going anywhere. I would imagine this is the case for Eastchester as well, assuming those crazies don't keep using their express buses on the local bus lines...  <_< 

The oldest buses we have are from 2004 and those buses are in great shape... Well taken care of so our MCIs aren't going anywhere. I would imagine this is the case for Eastchester as well, assuming those crazies don't keep using their express buses on the local bus lines...  <_< 

LOL those bronxs kids will tear those seats up!

Speaking of which how are those Bronx folks on the local buses? Do they tear down the local buses like they do on Staten Island??  <_< 

Yeah for now... 

Nope, Eastchester's Orion Vs are much cleaner and better looking than the ones elsewhere in the city. Can't speak for the other depots, however.

For now? Psh. You do realize it's been a number of months since they've made appearances on the Bx23....they've been in great shape since their appearances on the lines.

Speaking of which how are those Bronx folks on the local buses? Do they tear down the local buses like they do on Staten Island??  <_< 

Yeah for now... 

Yes, they do this on the Orion VII CNGs, Orion VII NG hybrids, etc... Pathetic, never treat new buses with respect. Eastchester's Orion Vs are the best kept IMO. Do the #7400s regularly appear on the BX23?

Yes, they do this on the Orion VII CNGs, Orion VII NG hybrids, etc... Pathetic, never treat new buses with respect.

Nope, Eastchester's Orion Vs are much cleaner and better looking than the ones elsewhere in the city. Can't speak for the other depots, however.

For now? Psh. You do realize it's been a number of months since they've made appearances on the Bx23....they've been in great shape since their appearances on the lines.

lol... Well Eastchester is known for great maintenance so they could be tearing them up and perhaps Eastchester is just keeping them up nice by replacing whatever they tear up, but how are the other local Bronx buses? Torn up or what?

LOL those bronxs kids will tear those seats up!

Just don't go there...

Yes, they do this on the Orion VII CNGs, Orion VII NG hybrids, etc... Pathetic, never treat new buses with respect. Eastchester's Orion Vs are the best kept IMO. Do the #7400s regularly appear on the BX23?

Besides, some responsibility falls on the depots.

Just don't go there...

Some of it is the depot and most of it is from the passengers... Our Riverdale express buses are in pristine shape... The Staten Island local and express buses get beat up pretty badly... Combination of the passengers and crappy maintenance.

Just don't go there...

Oh yes, WFs Orion VII OG CNGs are beat up in every sense of the word. JG's units are under some good ole Brooklyn TLC.

Some of it is the depot and most of it is from the passengers... Our Riverdale express buses are in pristine shape... The Staten Island local and express buses get beat up pretty badly... Combination of the passengers and crappy maintenance.

Good thing those #3800s left SI when they did.....

lol... Well Eastchester is known for great maintenance, but how are the other local Bronx buses? Torn up or what?

People do tear up the buses(mostly the damn kids), but it also depends on how the depots maintains them as we all know.

Gun Hill and Kingsbridge does a hell of a job on the 40fters, the 60fters is a hit or miss. Some worry more about the way they run rather than the appearance.

West Farms, the 60fters are in GREAT shape, the 40fters are also a hit or miss. The Orion VII CNGs are a hit or miss. Some are really clean and run well while others are the opposite. The C40LFs from the ones I've rode seem to be ok (so far).

People do tear up the buses(mostly the damn kids), but it also depends on how the depots maintains them as we all know.

Gun Hill and Kingsbridge does a hell of a job on the 40fters, the 60fters is a hit or miss. Some worry more about the way they run rather than the appearance.

West Farms, the 60fters are in GREAT shape, the 40fters are also a hit or miss. The Orion VII CNGs are a hit or miss. Some are really clean and run well while others are the opposite. The C40LFs from the ones I've rode seem to be ok (so far).

In short, similar to the Manhattan buses in some cases....

Good thing those #3800s left SI when they did.....

lol... I've used some of those 3800s which are now with Quill and Manhattanville and the interiors on some of them was shocking..

It's not just about where they would stay, its also about parts and maintenance. The Novas can get parts from the LFSAs at CS, the Orions can get parts from the NGs out at S.I.

Are some of the LFS and LFSA parts really interchangeable?

@ENY, you listed all the 8000s are at QV, I thought 8017 was still getting fixed? Or has it been repaired?

According to the TTMG roster, all 90 buses are in service at QV!

Yeah for now... 

As CaitSith said, it's pretty much hit or miss, but some of the Bronx riders have no respect for the buses. I see many buses trashed all the time. Especially on the Bx28 and Bx39.

@ENY, you listed all the 8000s are at QV, I thought 8017 was still getting fixed? Or has it been repaired?

There are quite a few buses that are on the roster that are not at the actual depot as shown. For example, the bus in question, #8017, is at Nova being repaired, but remains on the QV roster because that's where it is assigned.

Another example is 4418, or 5306. Both are assigned to Gun Hill, but neither one of them are actually in NYC. 4418 is upstate at Orion, and 5306 is at Nova.

Are some of the LFS and LFSA parts really interchangeable?

According to the TTMG roster, all 90 buses are in service at QV!

Most all of the parts are interchangeable.

Archived