Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

Took the Exam today at Brooklyn Tech.  "Long Line of Applicants" 

Same scenario at Midwood H.S. Instead of a long line of applicants, there were a lot of people waiting in the auditorium due to the little bit of rain this morning.

All I have to say is that providing you passed the BOSS, it depends on your random list number. The smaller the number, the better! Mine is 417 for MaBSTOA.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a little unorganized at Brooklyn Tech. There were these two guys that were on the opposite entrance of where we were supposed to go. If I hadn't gone to the bathroom, our line would have waited longer than what we did, but we didn't have to wait outside. That was the good thing.

It was a little unorganized at Brooklyn Tech. There were these two guys that were on the opposite entrance of where we were supposed to go. If I hadn't gone to the bathroom, our line would have waited longer than what we did, but we didn't have to wait outside. That was the good thing.

Were you the AM schedule ?

• 3 weeks later...

1:30pm

But that test was easy but my random number is something else really far out

Dont worry about your random number many who took the test will fail or transit will find them unfit according to their answers. I took 2613 I know thousands of people took the written exam and the boss exam and only 3600 people got found eligible

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 3101

Thank you for filing for Exam 3101, MaBSTOA Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.

BUS OPERATOR SELECTION SURVEY: (UPDATED)

BOSS was administered on November 16, 2013. You should receive your results by March 2014.

If you did not take BOSS for this exam and would like to do so, please contact us in one of the following ways:

1. Visit us at the MTA Exam Information Center located in the lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201, Mondays through Fridays, between 9 AM – 3 PM
  2. Email us at examsunit@nyct.com
  3. Call us at (347) 643-7221/7222

• 2 weeks later...

Question how does the BOSS test work. They assign you a list number before you take the test. If somebody has a list low number and get a low grade and somebody has a high list number and gets higher grade how does the selection process work. Do you get a new list number or is the BOSS test just pass or fail.?

Question how does the BOSS test work. They assign you a list number before you take the test. If somebody has a list low number and get a low grade and somebody has a high list number and gets higher grade how does the selection process work. Do you get a new list number or is the BOSS test just pass or fail.?

Pass or fail. What matters is the list # they assign you.

What is a good range of list #'s to be in.

In my opinion, the smaller your list # is, the better, cause that means that they will call you sooner for the medical process, followed by training, followed by a Bus Operator position with MaBSTOA!!

In my opinion, the smaller your list # is, the better, cause that means that they will call you sooner for the medical process, followed by training, followed by a Bus Operator position with MaBSTOA!!

im in the low 4000s. i don't even know how it got that high. i applied a few hours after they opened the the application process.

3101 been out for a while now and they are not calling instead accepting more applications and that is how the numbers got higher than expected.

2301 is the same way as well.

We just took the boss exam for 3101 last month. So you wont get your qualify letter till March 2014. Btw what was 2301? 3101 is for oa which covers manhattan and bronx. If 2301 is for BC, than they will fill in for BC depots. OA fills in OA depots , TA fills in TA depots and BC fills in BC depots. Thats how each application exam groups work. pool work

3101 been out since last year so is not just one month

2301 was the first bus operator to come out

followed by 3101 then 4600 

3101 is mabstoa and 4600 is ta and 2301 is bc

i agree but MTA are still giving those exams 

that explains why the list number is so high in the 4000's

my number is 1600 a random number converted to a list number

Well as of right now, Im looking on the MTA Info website. There are no Bus Operators test schedule SO Far for 2014. 2013 had them back to back

It all depends on how many ppl pass the 4600 exam. If mta don't have enough ppl off that list they gonna put out another exam.

Well hell, reading everybody's comments about how easy these tests are and the fact that they given so many of them back to back, basically if you don't have a low list number you won't get called.

the reason exam 4600 came out so fast was because so many ppl failed exam 2613. & mta need drivers and don't wanna keep puting cout exams so they made 4600 exam easier & they put 20 less questions on it. I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl is still gonna fail. Or they gonna do bad on the boss exam.

Archived