Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

Thank you caveman for the infoMy list number for 2613 is #8I got my yellow paper for the boss exam for #310111/16/13 for 9:00am midwood high schoolMy list# they gave me is #933

Your welcome Tone 718. :-)

Wow you got some good list numbers for both 2613 and 3101. My list number for 2613 is 113 and for the 3101 it's # 3561. For the 2301 it's a whopping 5329!!! I don't know about that 2301 (MTA) position. It seems to be going nowhere. Hopefully it turns out to be a big surprise/success.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the latest news on 2301

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 2301

Thank you for filing for Exam 2301, MTA Bus Company Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.

Bus Operator Selection Survey (UPDATED)
Most candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) between July 2012 and May 2013 should have received their result letter by now. Candidates who took the BOSS on October 12, 2013 should receive their result letter by February 2014.

If you did not take the BOSS and would like to, please contact us at (347) 643-7221 or at examsunit@nyct.com.

List Establishment
The eligible list for this exam will be established effective September 9, 2013. It will remain active for a period of up to four years from this date. You will not receive another letter indicating it is established. As vacancies occur, you will be contacted in random number order by mail instructing you to report for employment processing.

For list status updates, please contact us at (347) 643-8229 / 8230 / 8231 / 8232.

Part-time Bus Operator Positions
If you are interested in a part-time position and have not signed a letter indicating so, please contact the Exams Unit at examsunit@nyct.com requesting such.

The eligible list for this position will be established effective September 9, 2013. It will remain active for a period of up to four years from this date. You will not receive another letter indicating it is established. As vacancies occur, you will be sent a letter instructing you to report for employment processing. As vacancies occur, you will be contacted in random number order by mail instructing you to report for employment processing.

For list status updates, please contact us at (347) 643-8229 / 8230 / 8231 / 8232.

PLEASE NOTE:
You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.

Thank you.

If you want to find out your list establishment call

(347) 643-8229 / 8230 / 8231 / 8232

MTA will start calling candidates that first took the exam 2301 since July 2012 as vacancy occur.

I'm kinda confused I took the boss exam back on October 5, 2013 for exam 2301 MTA bus operator. I then get a letter in the mail today saying show up to take the exam for bus operator 3101 bus operator OA. Now when I first applied for this position it was for MTA Bus operator and it to was administered by MaBStoa. Which one is which and what's the difference between 2301 and 3101.

As vacancy occur they take it from 2301.

Lastest this is the other exam:

Bus Operator, Exam No. 4600 (UPDATED)
The multiple-choice test for this exam is scheduled for December 14 and December 15, 2013. All candidates should receive their admission letter by December 4, 2013. If you do not receive an admission letter by December 10, 2013, you must come to the MTA Exam Information Center located in the Lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 between the hours of 9 AM – 3 PM, Mondays through Fridays.

If you would like to check for possible changes to an exam’s expected date, please call (347) 643-7223.

Thank you caveman for the info

My list number for 2613 is #8

I got my yellow paper for the boss exam for #3101

11/16/13 for 9:00am midwood high school

My list# they gave me is #933

With a list # of 8 (eight), mind I ask what your score from the actual exam was?

Orange letter,

Brooklyn Tech,

10/16/13

Luckily I won't have to take the BOSS again "IF" {big emphasis on IF} the rule still applies that once you pass the BOSS it's valid for 1 year. It worked once this year however, we shall see.

This question is more towards people who has taken the Boss exam in the past and Scored a high score. 

We received a letter the first time that indicated a List number and how the application were received. Now IF you take the Boss exam, and you score high on the Boss test, Does your List number you received on the first letter that were sent out in the beginning when Applicants first applied Remain the same, or does it change based on Test score?

This question is more towards people who has taken the Boss exam in the past and Scored a high score. 

We received a letter the first time that indicated a List number and how the application were received. Now IF you take the Boss exam, and you score high on the Boss test, Does your List number you received on the first letter that were sent out in the beginning when Applicants first applied Remain the same, or does it change based on Test score?

The list # remains the same. The purpose of the BOSS exam is a mini-psychological exam, that's all.

What questions will be on the boss exam for 3101 let help each other out guy. How many question will be on the test. Etc

What questions will be on the boss exam for 3101 let help each other out guy. How many question will be on the test. Etc

The questions that will be on this exam will probably and most likely be if not the exact same, very similar questions that were on the previous BOSS exams for exam 2613, exam 2301, etc. Very few of us, including myself, took a class with Empire Exam Services on this so we know what to expect.

How many questions, my educated guess is 77. I do not have the time now since I am in the middle of doing a homework assignment for school, however I did post a few 'sample' BOSS questions along with their answers in another thread on this site.

Perhaps someone else can look? This would definitely be helping each other out...

Thanks bro drivers on the M60 and Q101 and even the B15 in Brooklyn have told me to not worry about it. It's easy basic questions about city landmarks and street signs etc. if they give me the option to choose part time on I will choose it over the job I have with delta airline in LaGuardia Airport airport or keep both

Thanks bro drivers on the M60 and Q101 and even the B15 in Brooklyn have told me to not worry about it. It's easy basic questions about city landmarks and street signs etc. if they give me the option to choose part time on I will choose it over the job I have with delta airline in LaGuardia Airport airport or keep both

You're welcome.

U will not get those kind of question cuz this exam isn't for TA. U only taking the boss exam.

Ok but the difference between The test question wise

The BOSS exam is a mini-psychological exam. One question, just to give you an idea, is the following:

In the past year, how many times have you left work early?

A) 1 to 3

B) 4 to 6

C) 7 to 9

D) 10 or more

E) None

The answer is choice "E" since this is the last thing most companies want you to do.

The questions for the exam in December are about city landmarks and street signs, which is primarily easy.

I came down with a really bad cold. (Hacking cough, stuffy/runny nose, Nose bleed, Headache and body ache) Is there anyway they would administer a re-testing date or additional testing dates ?

I was supposed to be at Brooklyn Tech @ 12:30pm

I came down with a really bad cold. (Hacking cough, stuffy/runny nose, Nose bleed, Headache and body ache) Is there anyway they would administer a re-testing date or additional testing dates ?

I was supposed to be at Brooklyn Tech @ 12:30pm

I think you can. I believe for the BOSS you can make it up at Livingston street, but on Wednesdays only. But call them for sure.

Archived