Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should not take the part time position because if you hv no pension no ova time plus you will make a lot of ppl hate you at your depot... Unless you are not concern about finding a long time career/employment I say don't go for it. They are trying to save money they can hire 2 part time to fill the spot of one full time employee

CDL PERMIT is good for one year!

You should not take the part time position because if you hv no pension no ova time plus you will make a lot of ppl hate you at your depot... Unless you are not concern about finding a long time career/employment I say don't go for it. They are trying to save money they can hire 2 part time to fill the spot of one full time employee

CDL PERMIT is good for one year!

I agree with you I know some people who drive for mabstoa and they told me not to even deal with mta bus company. They the only one out the three divisions with that part time crap

Good evening everyone

I'm just writing to get some guidance. I took BOSS 2301 this past Saturday, October 12.  I'm going to be taking BOSS 3101 November 16. While taking the BOSS for 2301, they had a letter asking anybody if they would like to accept the part-time position for bus operator. My question is should I wait till I find out if I passed the BOSS to go and apply for my CDL permit because the CDL permit is only good for six months and you can only renew it 1 time for another six months which gives you one year. If  im not mistaken. I'm thinking of trying to get the permit now so that way if I am offered a part-time bus operator position I will be able to accept it and just go through the process with no hassle or having to wait. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to respond back if they are going to hire for the part-time bus operator position. 

Hi the part-time position will not give you the hourly wage you may think it is

It will not give you a pension, nor its with the MTA they merge with local 1181 which is the Amalgamated School Bus Local Union.

You may be employed through MTA but the no pension and the benefits is not so lucrative as if it was with the MTA.

They are trying to save the money. I declined the offer this past Spring. I took the BOSS last year waited for the congrats letter 4 months later and still waiting for the opportunity to work with the MTA I guess that day will not come.

:)

You should not take the part time position because if you hv no pension no ova time plus you will make a lot of ppl hate you at your depot... Unless you are not concern about finding a long time career/employment I say don't go for it. They are trying to save money they can hire 2 part time to fill the spot of one full time employeeCDL PERMIT is good for one year!

whether to take the p/t position is the prerogative decision of an individual. His/Her circumstances may be different from yours. Like maybe they are not working at the moment and have bills to pay and mouths to feed. Under these circumstances only a fool would turn down a job offer being p/t or f/t. As for anyone hating on them....why give a rats ass??? Who cares??? People are going to be haters regardless. I'll tell you one thing for sure....if MTA went and offered me a p/t position and I turned it down because you advised me to and then I knock on your door for a place to stay and get some food you gonna provide it to me on account I took your advice? Because if you don't I definitely know who the f*** I'm going to be hating on!!! Now hate on that!

I believe we had this discussion before about taking the PT position or not.

It is an individual 's decision to take the job.

If a person is without a job by al means take the job.

Other than that, its all good.

We had this conversation on April 2013 when I got my offer and turned it down because I ma currently working and the MTA was my career change.

Anyway, for those needing a job by all means take it. It will not hurt you on the original list.

Your name and Random number will be retained until they call to fill vacancies.

The PT operators will be getting only 17.8450 better than nothing.

MTA only want to fill positions at the Spring Creek Depot.

But for those that can hold off that already have a job and pays more than a part time position decline the offer.

Otherwise, take the offer.

@ caveman why you sound so angry by no means what I said is written in stone the question by the writer was how do I feel...Sorry I offended you I don't wanna be cyber bullied by grown folks lol

Cause I live in a cave with 63 other cavemen and I have only one T-rex-burger!

• 2 weeks later...

i got my notice for exam 3101 to take the boss exam Does anyone know if you have to take again, because i took the boss exam for the 2613 back in June.

I had first taken the BOSS EXAM for 2301 and passed. Then I got a letter to take the BOSS EXAM for the 2613 at a later date. Of course I inquired if I had to take it again being that I passed already. I was told my results would carry over being that I had already taken the exam and passed. I didn't want to take any chances cause I noticed every time I would inquire information or ask questions I would get different answers. So I decided to show up at the school where I was scheduled to take the BOSS EXAM and asked again if I would have to take the test again. I was told that I would have to because although it was the same exam it also is for a different division. So I stood and took the exam for a second time. It didn't hurt in my case however as I'm sure that I passed the BOSS EXAM for the second time because as a result I'm going for a scheduled pre-employment interview next week for bus operator from the 2613. BOY AM I A NERVOUS WRECK right about now. Anyhow please pray for me everyone. AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

I had first taken the BOSS EXAM for 2301 and passed. Then I got a letter to take the BOSS EXAM for the 2613 at a later date. Of course I inquired if I had to take it again being that I passed already. I was told my results would carry over being that I had already taken the exam and passed. I didn't want to take any chances cause I noticed every time I would inquire information or ask questions I would get different answers. So I decided to show up at the school where I was scheduled to take the BOSS EXAM and asked again if I would have to take the test again. I was told that I would have to because although it was the same exam it also is for a different division. So I stood and took the exam for a second time. It didn't hurt in my case however as I'm sure that I passed the BOSS EXAM for the second time because as a result I'm going for a scheduled pre-employment interview next week for bus operator from the 2613. BOY AM I A NERVOUS WRECK right about now. Anyhow please pray for me everyone. AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Whats your list number from exam 2613 I ask because my boy on the same exam and trying to get some info by the way GOOD LUCK.

Whats your list number from exam 2613 I ask because my boy on the same exam and trying to get some info by the way GOOD LUCK.

My list # for 2613 is 271 and I got a pink admission letter to take BOSS on November 16th at 9 AM. My list # for 3101 (MaBSTOA) is 417.

I'm kinda confused I took the boss exam back on October 5, 2013 for exam 2301 MTA bus operator. I then get a letter in the mail today saying show up to take the exam for bus operator 3101 bus operator OA. Now when I first applied for this position it was for MTA Bus operator and it to was administered by MaBStoa. Which one is which and what's the difference between 2301 and 3101.

I'm kinda confused I took the boss exam back on October 5, 2013 for exam 2301 MTA bus operator. I then get a letter in the mail today saying show up to take the exam for bus operator 3101 bus operator OA. Now when I first applied for this position it was for MTA Bus operator and it to was administered by MaBStoa. Which one is which and what's the difference between 2301 and 3101.

There are two exams:

Exam #2301 is for MTA Bus Company (http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/2301.htm). Candidates for this exam should have taken the BOSS by now at 180 Livingston Street. Just as a reminder, MTA Bus Company took over the 7 private bus companies in NYC, which include Green Bus Lines, Jamaica Bus Lines, etc. Refer to http://www.apta.com/mc/multimodal/previous/2010/Presentations/The-Merger-of-Seven-Private-Companies-into-One-MTA-Company.pdf for more information.

Exam #3101 is for MaBSOTA (Manhattan & The Bronx Surface Suface Transit Operating Agency). The notice of examination can be seen at http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/archives/pdf/3101.pdf. The BOSS exam for this will be given on Saturday, November 16th.

Keep in mind that there are a total of three bus companies under the MTA:

a) MTA Bus Company (which took over the private bus lines)

b) MaBSOTA (which operates in Manhattan and The Bronx)

c) NYC Transit (which operates in all 5 boroughs).

I would suggest for you to look at http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/32152-is-it-a-really-big-difference-between-mabstoa-and-ta-bus-operators/, which explains the difference between MaBSTOA bus operators and NYC Transit bus operators.

Therefore, Pumacell, you took one BOSS exam for MTA Bus Company already. The second BOSS exam for MaBSTOA is 11/16/13.

In addition, I disagree with post #197 because, if you read the thread for Bus Operator Exam 2613 (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/), if you look at post #358, I first informed everyone that they mailed out the letters, in addition to the actual pre-employment application which has to be handed in, along with the proper documents when we go down to 180 Livingston Street. The MTA website says nothing about the actual applications at all, just test dates, as Pumacell mentioned.

Archived