Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

Got my letter today for exam 3101 list number 786X, although I went from being MTA BUS, to now being a TA BUS op good luck to those getting ready to go through the processing in the next couple of months.

Did you go back to starting pay when you switched to TA?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joining the ranks with the random #'s 80XX really laughable when I try to think of how these random #'s are assigned, especially when I know I was among the extremely early filers lol.

LOL

Only for part time, which i didn't take.

You received a letter for 2901 offering you a part time position?

another exam is coming out or already did for bus operator mta same thing

didn't say anything as Mabstoa just Bus Operator

this is the exam scheduled for December 2013

Bus Operator

Notice of Examination

Exam # 4600

When to Apply: From August 7, 2013 to August 27, 2013

Application Fee: $61.00 (This fee is non-refundable)

Type of Test: Multiple-Choice

Test Date: Scheduled for December 14, 2013 (subject to change)

http://mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf_exams/4600.pdf

http://mta.info/nyct/hr/

this is the same requirement I received from 2301

three exams back to back

2301, 3101 and 2901 and now 4600

each exam application fee 61.00

how much money did the MTA made with those exams?

IMAO

LOL

You received a letter for 2901 offering you a part time position?another exam is coming out or already did for bus operator mta same thing

didn't say anything as Mabstoa just Bus Operator

this is the exam scheduled for December 2013

Bus Operator

Notice of Examination

Exam # 4600

When to Apply: From August 7, 2013 to August 27, 2013

Application Fee: $61.00 (This fee is non-refundable)

Type of Test: Multiple-Choice

Test Date: Scheduled for December 14, 2013 (subject to change)

http://mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf_exams/4600.pdf

http://mta.info/nyct/hr/

this is the same requirement I received from 2301

three exams back to back

2301, 3101 and 2901 and now 4600

each exam application fee 61.00

how much money did the MTA made with those exams?

IMAO

Yeah 4600 is straight TA a civil service exam will be given like you said in December. For OA & MTA bus they are not civil service positions So they usually just do the apply then wait for the random # process. Boy would I Love to be a fly on the wall for that selection lol. Anyhow, as you also stated CRAZY $ is constantly made just on applications alone. Money which is like playing the lottery you never get it back if things don't work out and you never know if you'll hit the jackpot until you try. Even when you do try you gamble at: hopefully being selected to begin processing, hopefully not being X'd out by the 1 in 3 rule before you can get to final processing and hopefully completing training and probation successfully So you can stay on as an employee... Well, let the waiting commence.

Okay folks, I just received an e-mail from Al from Empire Exam Services. They will consider doing a preparation class for the BOSS exam for Exam #3101 on November 9th. However, in order for this to happen, there must be a minimum of 12 students. The class would probably start at 10 AM in Ozone Park (accessible from either the 104th or 111th Street (A) line) for 3 hours maximum, the fee would be $35.00.

If interested, kindly email mtanycexamclass@gmail.com. Again, there must be a minimum of 12 people.

I would highly recommend these folks! They are the best!

My list # is 2** so I sure got lucky. I wonder how long before I get called. Even with a low number like that, I guess I still have at least a year or two wait, right?

You know what it all depends when mabstoa start hiring from this exam with the boss being held in Nov the letter stated it will take 4 months for the results to come so that will be march but look at the brite side you ONLY have 200 people in front of you.

I have an letter of the random #. My number is 1576

My uncle random number was around the same number you have I told him thats not a bad number its better than 8 or 9 thousand. Also I wouldnt post my random number on a public forum you are to easy identifiable try to xx out aleast 2 numbers

That prep class sounds mighty suspect. I'm just not clear on what there is to study there aren't any rules or any set formula to telling the truth or providing correct answers. I've taken the Boss 4X over the years and it's nothing but a mini psych exam. It's extremely basic common sense questions I don't know how one can fail.

The survey contains questions based on:

How you would respond to situations (do you arrive early or late to work?/ if you saw a coworker stealing would you tell, mind your business or reprimand them?)

How you feel (are you usually even tempered or do you lose your temper easily?/ are you comfortable meeting new people, or do you usually stay to yourself?)

And how you think former employers, coworkers & friends would describe you (would your current or last employee say you did excellent, fair or above average work?/would your coworkers describe you as reliable, courteous or trustworthy? How many of your former employers would rehire you: all, a few, none one?/ Do your friends always seek your advice in problem solving, most of the time or sometimes? ).

They ask you the same questions over and over in a different form to basically see if your consistent, or not if you know yourself (as only you can) again....what is there to prep for and how can you fail?

Although I think its a waste of money and time worrying about the Boss survey is unnecessary who am I? And to each his/her own. Good luck to those who plan to take the prep course I sincerely hope you get the results you expect

Igor Gaysinsky

Are you going for mta bus. If so your not going to train on the MCI when your doing 7-10 days training. Also they will not let you go in a tunnel or over a bridge with out knowing you can Handel that bus.

GOOD LUCK

You sure? I work in Staten island which uses MCIs and we did not touch a MCI till the end of line training.

• 1 month later...

Good evening everyone

I'm just writing to get some guidance. I took BOSS 2301 this past Saturday, October 12.  I'm going to be taking BOSS 3101 November 16. While taking the BOSS for 2301, they had a letter asking anybody if they would like to accept the part-time position for bus operator. My question is should I wait till I find out if I passed the BOSS to go and apply for my CDL permit because the CDL permit is only good for six months and you can only renew it 1 time for another six months which gives you one year. If  im not mistaken. I'm thinking of trying to get the permit now so that way if I am offered a part-time bus operator position I will be able to accept it and just go through the process with no hassle or having to wait. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to respond back if they are going to hire for the part-time bus operator position. 

Good evening everyone

I'm just writing to get some guidance. I took BOSS 2301 this past Saturday, October 12.  I'm going to be taking BOSS 3101 November 16. While taking the BOSS for 2301, they had a letter asking anybody if they would like to accept the part-time position for bus operator. My question is should I wait till I find out if I passed the BOSS to go and apply for my CDL permit because the CDL permit is only good for six months and you can only renew it 1 time for another six months which gives you one year. If  im not mistaken. I'm thinking of trying to get the permit now so that way if I am offered a part-time bus operator position I will be able to accept it and just go through the process with no hassle or having to wait. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to respond back if they are going to hire for the part-time bus operator position. 

if i were you i would not accept it  no benefits no nothing....

Archived