NABI on the 559

PinePower

No offense, but the MCI's they used to run on the 559 often had ripped up and/or broken seats & the buses were rather on the filthier side (at least, of the various times I've taken 559's).... Taking that aspect into consideration, I'd say running the NABI's on em is an improvement....

Now the idea of sitting on a NABI for 2+ hours, is not the business....

Doubt many 559 riders stay on the bus for that long a time, but I'm still throwing that out there.....

Nice pic by the way.

No offense, but the MCI's they used to run on the 559 often had ripped up and/or broken seats & the buses were rather on the filthier side (at least, of the various times I've taken 559's).... Taking that aspect into consideration, I'd say running the NABI's on em is an improvement....

Doubt many 559 riders stay on the bus for that long a time, but I'm still throwing that out there.....

Nice pic by the way.

It takes 2:30 to go from Philly to Sicklerville on the 400, and that's using a Suburban seated bus.  I did that trip, it's no picnic.

It takes 2:30 to go from Philly to Sicklerville on the 400, and that's using a Suburban seated bus.  I did that trip, it's no picnic.

I'm not implicating that it would be (a picnic).... What I'm getting at is, that same 2+ hour trip on a NABI would be less comforting....

The constant is 2+ hours; long is long, no matter how you slice it.....

Weren't people complaining about the ride on MCIs as it was, that they weren't as smooth as they should be. Now you got a different bus, people should be happy. I don't know how the NABIs perform though. I know I wouldn't wanna sit on that bus for 2+ hours.

I never thought I'd see the day where Egg Harbor would be so low on MCI's that they had to send one of their NABI's to do the 559.

Heck, back in the day, you would see Flxible Metros, and RTS's on the 553 and the 559.  I once rode a 1400 Flxible Metro A on the 553 from end to end [bridgeton to AC].

Nice pic by the way.

I welcome the NABI's, those MCI's on the 559 are beat up and awkward. And this bus pulled into Toms River right on time in rush hour, a rarity for the 559. Probably because it's easier to board and discharge passengers with the NABI's layout and the rear door. I've always felt transit style buses were more appropriate on the 559 as it is a local route, with a high turnover of passengers. Few ride it end to end. 

I welcome the NABI's, those MCI's on the 559 are beat up and awkward. And this bus pulled into Toms River right on time in rush hour, a rarity for the 559. Probably because it's easier to board and discharge passengers with the NABI's layout and the rear door. I've always felt transit style buses were more appropriate on the 559 as it is a local route, with a high turnover of passengers. Few ride it end to end. 

Yeah, Almost nobody rides it the full distance.... Most either ride b/w [Lakewood & Toms River], [along/within route 9 itself], [little egg harbor & pleasantville or AC], or if it comes first out of the other routes that run b/w [pleasantville & AC]..... Furthest you'd really notice anyone taking it is b/w Lakewood & Pleasantville (which is an xfer point for service due south/west) or b/w AC & Toms river (the former is done moreso than the latter, but both are rather rare).....

Echoing others, in comparison to the MCI's, these are better suited for the 559.

Also throwing it out there, out here in Riverside County, CA, (whose main transit system service area is largest, just behind NJT's) RTA's route 27 connects Riverside, CA to Hemet, CA; all while transversing many rural areas. Some of the longer trips take 195 minutes or a little more than three hours own a NABI. Somebody help you if you are standing during the 50+ miles of the route.

• 4 weeks later...

Weren't people complaining about the ride on MCIs as it was, that they weren't as smooth as they should be. Now you got a different bus, people should be happy. I don't know how the NABIs perform though. I know I wouldn't wanna sit on that bus for 2+ hours.

I did 20+ hours on a Greyhound bus 16 years ago. The only reason I enjoyed that trip was because I was riding on an MC-9. Thinking about it now I probably would not do it again if I was teen back then. 2 hours on a bus that is too much right there. As for the NABI being on the 559 nice catch PinePower.

Archived