On Board the First (F) to stop at Smith 9 street + Photos!

Mr Railfan

It was pretty cool being one of the first, if not, the first passenger to step off the train into the newly reopened smith 9 St station. 

Photos:

557vPmm.jpg

They really killed the view with the new Railing in between the express tracks, along with the solar panel.:

yY8BzFw.jpg

The Old and the New:

ngSLncZ.jpg

New mosaic in the lobby:

yRnrWMs.jpg

Don't be fooled! this is just a plastic sign with a pixelated picture of the original wall mosaic printed over. 

jDSMfaZ.jpg

IMM15Y5.jpg

sai24Cm.jpg

Some (G) action too:

WT8hmVW.jpg

Never knew the (G) stopped at whitehall..:

MeBNmsi.jpg

nice shots.Still cant believe they didnt put back the  original mosaic nameplate

I agree. It's just a plastic sign with a crappy picture of the original. Hopefully the MTA will have some artist recreate or create a new mosaic sometime soon. 

I saw you on the other side... I was on the First SB (F) train to stop at the station. Damn, I forgot about that R46 (F) coming back up, I had gotten the R46 (F) going down on the other side at 4 Ave with an R32 garbage train.

Anyways nice pics!

I saw you on the other side... I was on the First SB (F) train to stop at the station. Damn, I forgot about that R46 (F) coming back up, I had gotten the R46 (F) going down on the other side at 4 Ave with an R32 garbage train.

Anyways nice pics!

Wow you saw that garbadge train too? I remember seeing an R127 paired with 2 R32s for that stuff bypassing that station and on the local tracks too they are gonna let the middle tracks rust to death again :(

Anyways nice pics!

And while you and Mr. Railfan were one of the first to come from up above, I was one of the first to com from street level. Feels good to have that view of the WTC again.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, wide, platforms. Love the view coming into the stop over the bridge(I think it's a bridge). Haven't been there since they re-opened it. Will go soon and get some pics. Is that (G) rollsign correct or did it terminate there for some reason and they're adjusting it?

Archived