Grand Concourse, Bronx

Via Garibaldi 8

VG8 don't be scared, just mind your own business, We are living in a time of low crime rate in NYC and yes crime is still here but not to an extended that it was years ago, don't listen to the fact, most of these people that do this research have only spent a day in the part of the neighborhood, so stop living in that gated communitie in your mind and go out to see what the Bronx has to offer.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VG8 don't be scared, just mind your own business, We are living in a time of low crime rate in NYC and yes crime is still here but not to an extended that it was years ago, don't listen to the fact, most of these people that do this research have only spent a day in the part of the neighborhood, so stop living in that gated communitie in your mind and go out to see what the Bronx has to offer.

LOL.... Like I said, I've traveled around.  I just want to know what to expect.

Eh, Williamsburg isn't as bad as it used to be.  Some with other neighborhoods in Brooklyn now-a-days.

Of course it isn't... I'm talking almost 10 years ago buddy when it wasn't as nice... 

Interesting.

@turbo19 it is a very redundant route it is the only BXM line to directly duplicate multiple train lines all of which are faster there is no reason to pay $6 for a slower infrequent service.

BxM10...

BxM10...

ohh and Bxm4 is the only remaining express bus without a highway segment so basically it is an over priced LTD. Bxm10 is actually faster than the (5) you do realize how much of a pain it is to reach morris park ave from the (5) there is no argument to justify that overpriced LTD. Bxm10 is actually useful and doesn't directly duplicate the (5) and is not walking distance of the (6) when I say a bus duplicates I mean being within walking distance of the rail lines. Again only the bxm4 is within walking distance of multiple subway lines for most of its route.

ohh and Bxm4 is the only remaining express bus without a highway segment so basically it is an over priced LTD. Bxm10 is actually faster than the (5) you do realize how much of a pain it is to reach morris park ave from the (5) there is no argument to justify that overpriced LTD. Bxm10 is actually useful and doesn't directly duplicate the (5) and is not walking distance of the (6) when I say a bus duplicates I mean being within walking distance of the rail lines. Again only the bxm4 is within walking distance of multiple subway lines for most of its route.

What are you talking about? The BxM4 uses the same segments that the BxM1, BxM2, BxM3 and BxM18 use sans the Major Deegan, but it still has to cross bridges to reach the Grand Concourse.  It's non-stop segment is just shorter but still quick.  I predict that as the Concourse gets built up with more luxury co-ops or condos more people will take it because it's very convenient if you're right on the Concourse and can afford it, serving 5th and Madison Avenue.  It's Woodlawn that's the main target for the BxM4 anyway not the Concourse, but for those who prefer the express bus they'll use that.  

The other question is what are the demographics for the BxM4.... Riverdale express bus get good usage because we have a mix in terms of age groups.  Young women use it at night because it's safe, but we also have young men that use it as the way to get home over MetroNorth, but we also have seniors that use our buses late at night too.  I imagine the BxM4 gets some of that too from what I've seen.  Usually more middle aged folks riding.

What are you talking about? The BxM4 uses the same segments that the BxM1, BxM2, BxM3 and BxM18 use sans the Major Deegan, but it still has to cross bridges to reach the Grand Concourse.  It's non-stop segment is just shorter but still quick.  I predict that as the Concourse gets built up with more luxury co-ops or condos more people will take it because it's very convenient if you're right on the Concourse and can afford it, serving 5th and Madison Avenue.  It's Woodlawn that's the main target for the BxM4 anyway not the Concourse, but for those who prefer the express bus they'll use that.  

The other question is what are the demographics for the BxM4.... Riverdale express bus get good usage because we have a mix in terms of age groups.  Young women use it at night because it's safe, but we also have young men that use it as the way to get home over MetroNorth, but we also have seniors that use our buses late at night too.  I imagine the BxM4 gets some of that too from what I've seen.  Usually more middle aged folks riding.

I an not talking about manhattan buddy. LOL at luxury condos bringing ridership to the BXM4 it is a  :deadhorse: . What point of lowest ridership of all full-time lines do you not understand? It is just a $6 Bx1 to manhattan.

BXM4 mostly black folks and minorities. Usually those too impatient for the (D) at late night. Barely anybody uses this bus actually most Bxm4s I see are empty. I haven't seen one Bxm4 with more than 10 people. Woodlawn folks prefer the Metro-north cause it is just as expensive as the express bus at off peak and even cheaper than the express bus on weekends and much faster than the (2) and Bxm4 plus it's more frequent to boot with 30 min headways off-peak at woodlawn and very frequent  rush hour service way better than the 30 min headways and unlike the overpriced LTD it is not slow. The BXM4 carries almost nobody for most of the day on weekends you get almost no woodlawn riders but when you do get riders it tends to occasionally get past 20 people but rarely. This is one of the few express buses that has empty rush hour buses. This line is clearly overserved as lines that end at midday have more ridership. When you have an extensive schedule like the BXM4 and your ridership is lower than the BM5 you know your overserved or simply useless. Not a single full-time express bus with even a handful of off-peak trips has ridership as abysmal as the BXM4. The sight at rush hour is so sad and hilarious how many half empty buses you see on it.

The pickup/dropoff points are directly under the (2)...

Your exact words was that the 4 was the only one to duplicate a subway lines

...unless my 4 eyes are lying to me

I an not talking about manhattan buddy. LOL at luxury condos bringing ridership to the BXM4 it is a  :deadhorse: . What point of lowest ridership of all full-time lines do you not understand? It is just a $6 Bx1 to manhattan.

BXM4 mostly black folks and minorities. Usually those too impatient for the (D) at late night. Barely anybody uses this bus actually most Bxm4s I see are empty. I haven't seen one Bxm4 with more than 10 people. Woodlawn folks prefer the Metro-north cause it is just as expensive as the express bus at off peak and even cheaper than the express bus on weekends and much faster than the (2) and Bxm4 plus it's more frequent to boot with 30 min headways off-peak at woodlawn and very frequent  rush hour service way better than the 30 min headways and unlike the overpriced LTD it is not slow. The BXM4 carries almost nobody for most of the day on weekends you get almost no woodlawn riders but when you do get riders it tends to occasionally get past 20 people but rarely. This is one of the few express buses that has empty rush hour buses. This line is clearly overserved as lines that end at midday have more ridership. When you have an extensive schedule like the BXM4 and your ridership is lower than the BM5 you know your overserved or simply useless. Not a single full-time express bus with even a handful of off-peak trips has ridership as abysmal as the BXM4. The sight at rush hour is so sad and hilarious how many half empty buses you see on it.

Instead of bashing the BxM4, you should actually try to do something about it. Saying how bad it is will get you no where.

The pickup/dropoff points are directly under the (2)...

Your exact words was that the 4 was the only one to duplicate a subway lines

...unless my 4 eyes are lying to me

I meant only line to duplicate MULTIPLE subway lines. BXM11 is actually quicker than the (2)  and only duplicates that unlike bxm4 it gets ridership and doesn't have empty rush hr buses. BXM4 is clearly not faster than the (4) or (D)

@Q23 there is nothing you can do to improve the bxm4 it is just useless and can be eliminated without affecting many folks heck at off peak it would be barely missed. Nothing you can do to a redundant line to improve it if its an express bus. What eliminate all grand concourse stops and use the bronx river to bruckner rush hour And off-peak rerouting bxm11s to woodlawn? There is nothing you can do on grand concourse to increase express bus ridership cause there is almost no ridership at all. If there are any woodlawn riders left the best you can do is have bxm11 go to woodlawn instead of wakefield.

I meant only line to duplicate MULTIPLE subway lines. BXM11 is actually quicker than the (2) and only duplicates that unlike bxm4 it gets ridership and doesn't have empty rush hr buses. BXM4 is clearly not faster than the (4) or (D).

But the 4 only duplicates one line as well (2 if you want to get anal and count the (B))

The (4) is a good 3 blocks away from the Concourse so that shouldn't even count

But the 4 only duplicates one line as well (2 if you want to get anal and count the (B))

The (4) is a good 3 blocks away from the Concourse so that shouldn't even count

But BXM4 has abysmal ridership unlike the 11. Yes I am gonna be anal and include the (D) and (B) and even the MNRR too if you count woodlawn lol.

The bxm4 has no truely quick express segment that warrants the $6 fare and ridership reflects that. Unlike the 11 this line is too slow. At least 11 is express via bronx river to sheridan and bruckner. Bxm4 is anal and goes down a corridor most riders don't even want.

But BXM4 has abysmal ridership unlike the 11. Yes I am gonna be anal and include the (D) and (B) and even the MNRR too if you count woodlawn lol.

The bxm4 has no truely quick express segment that warrants the $6 fare and ridership reflects that. Unlike the 11 this line is too slow. At least 11 is express via bronx river to sheridan and bruckner. Bxm4 is anal and goes down a corridor most riders don't even want.

You completely missed the point I was making...

Oh please... Most of the ridership is from Woodlawn which is mainly white, and I do see whites on the bus so it isn't majority blacks and minorities. My point was that with due time ridership may increase.  There are a few luxury co-ops there that advertise the BxM4 so as more people move in that can afford the express bus surely some people will start to use it more.  My understanding is that usage along the Concourse isn't booming, but people still use it.

Where I'm going, the BxM4 is extremely convenient so if folks can afford it along the Concourse surely they're using it.

Bxm4 mostly black folks & "minorities"? Lol..... Now that is a lie.....

This guy would have you thinking the BxM4 is like the BM2 when it comes to demographics....

VG8, The BxM4 is mostly white... with some blacks & hispanics sparsely sprinkled in the mix.....

Oh please... Most of the ridership is from Woodlawn which is mainly white, and I do see whites on the bus so it isn't majority blacks and minorities. My point was that with due time ridership may increase.  There are a few luxury co-ops there that advertise the BxM4 so as more people move in that can afford the express bus surely some people will start to use it more.  My understanding is that usage along the Concourse isn't booming, but people still use it.

Where I'm going, the BxM4 is extremely convenient so if folks can afford it along the Concourse surely they're using it.

Convenient please it should be yanked from the concourse the concourse is dragging this line down. And MNRR is superior to the BXM4 in every way there is zero incentive. Where are the new co-ops? Most woodlawn folks are on the MNRR obviously.

Bxm4 mainly blacks & minorities? Now that is a lie......

Didn't know that but I saw no whites on a saturday run I was on.

Bxm4 mainly blacks & minorities? Now that is a lie......

Exactly... I'm going to one of those luxury buildings for a tutoring session.  I will be checking out who is living there.  I would imagine some of them  must use the express bus because the building advertises it.

Convenient please it should be yanked from the concourse the concourse is dragging this line down. And MNRR is superior to the BXM4 in every way there is zero incentive. Where are the new co-ops? 

The Concourse is being built up in certain parts, particularly the area by Yankee Stadium.  There's still the crime factor, but the Yankees invested some monies in the area to build new buildings and such.  That's one reason I believe that the BxM4 is still around because of the potential of ridership growing along the Concourse in due time.  The architecture of some of those buildings is ripe for a revival, much like what's going on Washington Heights, plus the proximity of Manhattan...

More likely than not, you're gonna get a small sampling on a saturday....

Don't tell me that the particular BxM4 you was on that day was full or near full with a sea of non whites either.... lol.....

.....That's one reason I believe that the BxM4 is still around because of the potential of ridership growing along the Concourse in due time.

Possible... But large in part, it's due to the Woodlawn folk not backing down....

Exactly... I'm going to one of those luxury buildings for a tutoring session.  I will be checking out who is living there.  I would imagine some of them  must use the express bus because the building advertises it.

The Concourse is being built up in certain parts, particularly the area by Yankee Stadium.  There's still the crime factor, but the Yankees invested some monies in the area to build new buildings and such.  That's one reason I believe that the BxM4 is still around because of the potential of ridership growing along the Concourse in due time.

err why take a $6 bus that is not even on a highway. it uses 100% local roads it is simply an overpriced LTD in a nutshell. Yankee stadium yeah has no use for a premium bus. $6 express buses are for outlying areas not properly served by subways not near manhattan. Yankee stadium is 5 to 10 mins away from manhattan by train and grand concourse has not just local bus LTD service. There is no reason to waste $$ and resources on a bus with fewer than 500 riders by such a huge margin you have unidirectional rush only lines even in queens with more ridership yet they are rush and this barely used line is full time that is stupid.

More likely than not, you're gonna get a small sampling on a saturday....

Don't tell me that the particular BxM4 you was on that day was full or near full with a sea of non whites either.... lol.....

Possible... But large in part, it's due to the Woodlawn folk not backing down....

mostly due to woodlawn folk if it were up to concourse folks only it would have been canned in 2010 long ago. The BXM4 had a handful of people 7 at the most. If Bxm11 went to woodlawn nothing would prevent the elimination of the BXM4. Heck it may become a super express variant of the Bxm11 by going express from gun hill rd for rush hr only. Off-peak Bxm11 use is decent but the further north you go the less people on it. north of 233rd it is usually empty anyway so only a few would be negatively impacted by having the 11 cover 4's woodlawn route. Or just reduce BXM4 to rush hr only and do away with the constant empty runs and kill off the time consuming grand concourse stops.

mostly due to woodlawn folk if it were up to concourse folks only it would have been canned in 2010 long ago.

The BXM4 had a handful of people 7 at the most.

Surely you're talking about on weekends & off peak hours.....

If Bxm11 went to woodlawn nothing would prevent the elimination of the BXM4.

You're assuming they would even take the 11.....

They would fight for the 4 than to put up w/ the 11....

That also... Bronx neighborhoods that have express bus are extremely vocal unlike some parts of Brooklyn and Queens. I remember Throggs Neck made a huge stink about the BxM9 being unreliable and James Vacca was all over the (MTA) about it.

err why take a $6 bus that is not even on a highway. it uses 100% local roads it is simply an overpriced LTD in a nutshell. Yankee stadium yeah has no use for a premium bus. $6 express buses are for outlying areas not properly served by subways not near manhattan. Yankee stadium is 5 to 10 mins away from manhattan by train and grand concourse has not just local bus LTD service. There is no reason to waste $$ and resources on a bus with fewer than 500 riders by such a huge margin you have unidirectional rush only lines even in queens with more ridership yet they are rush and this barely used line is full time that is stupid.

Just stop it already because it doesn't just use mainly local roads... Last I checked bridges weren't local roads.

Archived